Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Which IP? Who is going to make the games? Why would Sony spend billions on this random stuff?
Go look it up. I'm not getting list out stuff that's readily available man. You thinking Embracer just have random IP's... Shows you're just here trying to be a contrarian.

So I'll leave this alone

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Well you say so but Sony’s action speaking a different language. There is not a single publisher where Sony does pump more money into it than Square Enix. You guys need to look wider than just gaming. Sony and Square are collaborating on many more fields than just gaming. Music, Anime, Manga adaptions etc.
Gangan Comics would be a huge get for Sony’s Anime Entertainment ambitions.
Nier recently was animated by A-1 I think. Floodgate is opened bois

Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Disney is never getting rid of the Marvel IP lol. Nor are they getting rid of the Spiderman Marchandising rights. I'm sure they'll get rid of of dormant stuff but Marvel is still the biggest entertainment media we have currently. They haven't even started with X-Men who will eventually cross over with Spiderman
Stop this. The term Never doesn’t exist in the world of capitalism.
Everything is possible and as it seems Disney is having serious trouble. Each year their revenue does worsen. If they continue this trend they will end up in insolvency.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well you say so but Sony’s action speaking a different language. There is not a single publisher where Sony does pump more money into it than Square Enix. You guys need to look wider than just gaming. Sony and Square are collaborating on many more fields than just gaming. Music, Anime, Manga adaptions etc.
Gangan Comics would be a huge get for Sony’s Anime Entertainment ambitions.
If Sony targets a Japanese pub it will be definitely Square Enix over any other there.
You're proving my point though? Buying Sqaure now changes nothing? They are already getting everything... Go after someone who will bring in something else.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Go look it up. I'm not getting list out stuff that's readily available man. You thinking Embracer just have random IP's... Shows you're just here trying to be a contrarian.

So I'll leave this alone
You are the one claiming Embracer has great IPs worth multiple billions of dollar and yet can even list a few? :ROFLMAO:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Stop this. The term Never doesn’t exist in the world of capitalism.
Everything is possible and as it seems Disney is having serious trouble. Each year their revenue worsen. If they continue this trend they will end up in insolvency.
They ain't selling Marvel nor Star wars....you think Marvel is just movies?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
You're proving my point though? Buying Sqaure now changes nothing? They are already getting everything... Go after someone who will bring in something else.
They still have to cut Square a hefty amount. Sony would outright buy Square if they want to save money in long terms.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You are the one claiming Embracer has great IPs worth multiple billions of dollar and yet can even list a few? :ROFLMAO:
Why would I list IP's for you? They have a dedicated page for that. You are the one who quoted my comment disagreeing and suddenly I must be the one to inform you? Man get outta here lol

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
They ain't selling Marvel nor Star wars....you think Marvel is just movies?
Can you read?
Who said the whole slate of Marvel?
I said Spiderman. Just a single IP. It’s possible to sell certain IPs. Embracer deal wirh Square Enix is a prime example.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They still have to cut Square a hefty amount. Sony would outright buy Square if they want to save money in long terms.
I want them to buy Sqaure don't get me wrong... I don't think they are the aqusition to counter anything tho

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Can you read?
Who said the whole slate of Marvel?
I said Spiderman. Just a single IP. It’s possible to sell certain IPs. Embracer deal wirh Square Enix is a prime example.
Disney only own Spiderman merchandising and it's very lucrative. They ain't getting rid of it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Embracer IPs:​

A​

B​

C​

D​

E​

F​

G​

H​

I​

J​

L​

M​

N​

P​

R​

S​

T​

U​

W​

Z​

The Office Smile GIF

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I want them to buy Sqaure don't get me wrong... I don't think they are the aqusition to counter anything tho
Who said they want to counter?
Buying Square Enix would just ensure not lose them in the foreseeable future. It’s about protecting their interests not getting revenge on MS. Content > Revenge.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

A​

B​

C​

D​

E​

F​

G​

H​

I​

J​

L​

M​

N​

P​

R​

S​

T​

U​

W​

Z​

The Office Smile GIF
Hey they got Theif, my favorite eurojank beside from Metro

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

A​

B​

C​

D​

E​

F​

G​

H​

I​

J​

L​

M​

N​

P​

R​

S​

T​

U​

W​

Z​

The Office Smile GIF
Congrats you can use the internet

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Buying Square Enix would just ensure not lose them in the foreseeable future. It’s about protecting their interests not getting revenge on MS. Content > Revenge.
Why are you acting like I'm against them buying Sqaure 💀

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Hey they got Theif, my favorite eurojank beside from Metro
Sony could buy the Thief IP or any other IP they currently own for almost nothing by simply waiting for Embracer to go bankrupt in a few years. Let's not fool ourselves and pretend Sony cares about the Thief IP.

Congrats you can use the internet
And you can't list the mysterious IPS worth billions apparently.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Disney only own Spiderman merchandising and it's very lucrative. They ain't getting rid of it.
Never say never. Nobody ever believed that a deal in the dimension of Activision Blizzard King would be possible and it happened.
It’s a constant tug war between Disney and Sony for agreeing to work together on movies. This must be hella annoying for sides. So why not consider selling the merchandising rights for a lucrative offer?
Well Disney is an American and Western company, so they would be more open-minded for talks.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Never say never. Nobody ever believed that a deal in the dimension of Activision Blizzard King would be possible and it happened.
It’s a constant tug war between Disney and Sony for agreeing to work together on movies. This must be hella annoying for sides. So why not consider selling the merchandising rights for a lucrative offer?
Well Disney is an American and Western company, so they would be more open-minded for talks.
Disney is all in with Marvel for another decade... They aren't getting rid of the merchandise rights for the most popular superhero character

Disney is losing money because of Disney+

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Growing by itself would already be good for PlayStation and SE is the perfect fit even if it doesn't change much in terms of exclusive games. Why should PlayStation with a much larger market share and fan base resign itself to be much smaller than Xbox? That would be them inviting future problems and allowing MS to succeed without putting up a fight.

• they're_right_you_know