Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
And you can't list the mysterious IPS worth billions apparently.
Why would I waste my time listing anything? We are grown individuals who can use the internet. Embracer would be a good buy to get a ton of IP's for cheap. I stand by that.

You don't agree and that's fine. You're the one here being dramatic since you clearly have nothing better to do.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Disney is all in with Marvel for another decade... They aren't getting rid of the merchandise rights for the most popular superhero character

Disney is losing money because of Disney+
Yeah and they are failing hard for more than one decade for going all out on Marvel. It think it’s possible. Money talks in the west.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yeah and they are failing hard for more than one decade for going all out on Marvel. It think it’s possible. Money talks in the west.
Okay we shall see. The money pit is the streaming service... Costing them 800 million in net losses recently. They better restructure pricing quicky.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why would I waste my time listing anything? We are grown individuals who can use the internet. Embracer would be a good buy to get a ton of IP's for cheap. I stand by that.

You don't agree and that's fine. You're the one here being dramatic since you clearly have nothing better to do.
If you can't even make your own point then I guess it can't be that strong.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If you can't even make your own point, than I guess it can't be that strong.
What was the point I needed to make? What try to convince YOU some random forum user on why I think Embracer is a good purchase? Thanks for the laugh.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
What was the point I needed to make? What try to convince YOU some random forum user on why I think Embracer is a good purchase? Thanks for the laugh.
I don't know, because you are the one that brought it up in a discussion forum? It just looks like you are embarrassed to make your original point and now wants to turn on me as if it's my fault I don't get it.

What is so valuable that Embracer owns that would put them above or anywhere near the likes of Capcom, Sega, SE?

• fire
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

Qualitiy over Quantity.
100 studio with 100 IP spilling out 1-2 good stuff and 100 turds over a decade will not cut anything.

• fire
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
But it’s true which good IPs does Embracer own than Lord of the Rings, Tomb Raider, DeuS Ex?
All their other games are unknown games. Mostly A-AA. The biggest IP after the listed ones above is Dark Siders. But this are all niche games. Sony doesn’t care about this western small stuff. They want heavy IPs associated with PS for example FF, Devil May Cry etc.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't know, because you are the one that brought is up in a discussion forum?
And exactly why do I need to prove to you why I think Embracer is a good purchase? Outside of stating acquiring a ton of IP's for cheap since their value will be shrinking.

I stated my point. You don't like Embracer so you're making a petulant argument over it.

Glad we cleared this all up. Good day.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And exactly why do I need to prove to you why I think Embracer is a good purchase? Outside of stating acquiring a ton of IP's for cheap since their value will be shrinking.

I stated my point. You don't like Embracer so you're making a petulant argument over it.

Glad we cleared this all up. Good day.
angry willy wonka GIF

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
But it’s true which good IPs does Embracer own than Lord of the Rings, Tomb Raider, DeuS Ex?
All their other games are unknown games. Mostly A-AA. The biggest IP after the listed ones above is Dark Siders. But this are all niche games. Sony doesn’t care about this western small stuff. They want heavy IPs associated with PS for example FF, Devil May Cry etc.
They are mostly a AA publisher. They do have IP's that can be transformed into AAA titles.

Reactions: Puff

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Can Sony buy Valve? They will definitely control a huge PC storefront.
Valve work culture and hierarchy definitely out of place to be acquired but.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
They are mostly a AA publisher. They do have IP's that can be transformed into AAA titles.
The times are over where Sony would need to growing this IPs over decades. Time is valuable and it would took to long to do this. Sony is now looking for established IPs with large fanbases.
Hence why Hiroki Totoki dropped recently the statement about focusing on acquiring Intellectual Property.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Qualitiy over Quantity.
100 studio with 100 IP spilling out 1-2 good stuff and 100 turds over a decade will not cut anything.
WELL... I still think they will be a good purchase for IP retention.

Capcom, Square, Ubisoft, Sega... I'm all for as well.

Konami not so much. And I doubt they'll be willing to sell their IP's off unfortunately.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
The times are over where Sony would need to growing this IPs over decades. Time is valuable and it would took to long to do this. Sony is now looking for established IPs with large fanbases.
Hence why Hiroki Totoki dropped recently the statement about focusing on acquiring Intellectual Property.
That alone would put Sega under out of potential list. They got peanut and butter IP
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Kadokawa also has allience with Sony, so FromSoft is also a no.
Koei Tecmo has no major IP.

So Capcom and Square Enix as potential big M&A target for Sony.

• they're_right_you_know

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So you don't think Sony getting Borderlands for example would be a good get? Just a random example?