Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Wow that’s sounds heavy. How likely is it that Sony tries to get the Kingdom Hearts IP? KH is important to Sony.
KH and Square Enix are more than likely now

• Informative
Reactions: Zzero and Umar

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm playing through Kena: Bridge of Spirits right now, and damn, what a game.

If that studio is willing to sell, or are up to being long term partners, I hope Sony locks it down.

For a studio's first game, they absolutely nail the visuals, performance, gameplay, music, story, animation, charm and cuteness. Simply masterclass all around. The game's combat is challenging, but so far still fair.

I can see a Kena franchise. It could be Sony's Zelda.

They put AAA studios to shame.

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022

Wow that’s sounds heavy. How likely is it that Sony tries to get the Kingdom Hearts IP? KH is important to Sony.
KH and Square Enix are more than likely now

Mickey Mouse Laugh GIF by ABC Network

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm playing through Kena: Bridge of Spirits right now, and damn, what a game.

If that studio is willing to sell, or are up to being long term partners, I hope Sony locks it down.

For a studio's first game, they absolutely nail the visuals, performance, gameplay, music, story, animation, charm and cuteness. Simply masterclass all around. The game's combat is challenging, but do far it's still fair.

I can see a Kena franchise. It could be Sony's Zelda.

They put AAA studios to shame.
They'd be silly to let them go, but grasping victory from the jaws of defeat is their mantra.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony should buy Embracer the more I think about it... But I dunno if it's possible

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony should buy Embracer the more I think about it... But I dunno if it's possible
Eww, seems like you guys hate Sony or something. Embracer, Ubisoft... do you want PlayStation to suck?

Top priority: Capcom, From Software
Worth considering: Square Enix, Sega, Konami IPs, CDPR, Larian
Do not buy under any circumstances: Ubisoft, Embracer, Epic, WB Games.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Eww, seems like you guys hate Sony or something. Embracer, Ubisoft... do you want PlayStation to suck?

Embaracer has the IP'

And yes Ubisoft would be a good buy too.

I'm also for Capcom but that's never gonna happen.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Embaracer has the IP'

And yes Ubisoft would be a good buy too.

I'm also for Capcom but that's never gonna happen.
IP does nothing by itself and Embracer would be a complete nightmare for Sony to manage not to mention that most of their stuff doesn't fit PlayStation at all.

Now, buying a few select IPs and studios from them is another story, if the price is right I wouldn't mind Sony getting the Tomb Raider IP to make an Uncharted x Tomb Raider crossover, the possible uses are very interesting.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Swap Capcom with Square Enix because their market is low right now. Capcom is not running away. ;-)