Soooo after today how do you feel about Colt, Jez, Xbox Era, Tom Warren, Grubb, in terms of credibility? Many were all over the place with infošŸ§‚šŸ§‚

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
While plans can change I don't believe MS is scrapping certain ports just to maintain face. Tom Warren seemed the most credible and on point. Other things like Starfield and Indiana Jones rumors didn't happen (for now) or was false information that many jumped on.

I mean I've always called some of them out anyway as not knowing shit especially Colt and Jiz. Tom Warren, Henderson and Grub had some things correct. So did they deliver or did they falter with their info? For me it depends on who you listened to.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
All are nothing more than useful idiots. MS will keep using them to shill or to spread false information about the competition, but keep them out of the loop on sensitive or actual important information.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I'd have to go back and check the history of their posts to see how they twist and turn, but I think most of them had no idea. Throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, to seem reasonable. SneakerSO doubled down, was correct on the first rumour about HiFi Rush, and will likely be proven correct about Starfield. Here is a clip of Jez being against Hifi Rush being ported which raises two points: a) he initially didn't know about what was happening, otherwise he wouldn't have reacted like this, and b) shows that it was initially believed that games like Hifi Rush being ported was a negative. Anyone saying "It's not Starfield, we are saved!" has already progressed beyond the initial negativity.
J73d3Ba.jpg

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
All are nothing more than useful idiots. MS will keep using them to shill or to spread false information about the competition, but keep them out of the loop on sensitive or actual important information.
This tbh,

Those people have zero credibility; they are bad actors in an even worse play.

Reactions: Entropi

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
While plans can change I don't believe MS is scrapping highly expensive AAA ports just maintain face. The Starfield and Indiana Jones stories were BS or false information that many jumped on and few other things.

I mean I've always called out most of them anyway as not knowing shit especially Colt and Jiz
I donā€™t think anything Philā€™s šŸ¤”ass said today proves any of them were wrong. If they were they wouldnā€™t have made the community wait a week to say just 4 games are going 3rd prty. Phil said they canā€™t rule out more games wonā€™t go to other consoles, he said in 5 yrs exclusivity wonā€™t be a big deal. Xbox is dead and in 5 yrs we will be 1 yr into a new gen. Heā€™s trying to soften the blow of the inevitable. They will drop feed games from their back catalogue for the rest of the gen and probably at the start of next generation everything will be day and date. That was a business up date that was a wake for Xbox. He said they want to use what the other platforms have which is actual customers willing to pay for games.
Gamepass is a complete failure. 34 million subs after 8yrs and thatā€™s with everyone on hold rolled into core. How bad were the numbers before they moved gold to core? 2021 was the last update of 25mil 2yrs later after they migrated everyone to core itā€™s still only 34. Rip

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
While plans can change I don't believe MS is scrapping highly expensive AAA ports just maintain face. The Starfield and Indiana Jones stories were BS or false information that many jumped on and few other things.

I mean I've always called out most of them anyway as not knowing shit especially Colt and Jiz
They donā€™t need to scrap them they just donā€™t have to announce them now. This strategy shift occur last fall and any ports would be every early in development and could take 1/2 a yr or more. They donā€™t have the capacity to port so many big games all at once. It will be 4 and than another and another and another. The whole slate is coming its not a matter of if just when.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I donā€™t think anything Philā€™s šŸ¤”ass said today proves any of them were wrong. If they were they wouldnā€™t have made the community wait a week to say just 4 games are going 3rd prty. Phil said they canā€™t rule out more games wonā€™t go to other consoles, he said in 5 yrs exclusivity wonā€™t be a big deal. Xbox is dead and in 5 yrs we will be 1 yr into a new gen. Heā€™s trying to soften the blow of the inevitable. They will drop feed games from their back catalogue for the rest of the gen and probably at the start of next generation everything will be day and date. That was a business up date that was a wake for Xbox. He said they want to use what the other platforms have which is actual customers willing to pay for games.
Gamepass is a complete failure. 34 million subs after 8yrs and thatā€™s with everyone on hold rolled into core. How bad were the numbers before they moved gold to core? 2021 was the last update of 25mil 2yrs later after they migrated everyone to core itā€™s still only 34. Rip
Yeah I agree and those games still might come but thy ain't coming now. Furthermore Jez was crying his ass out and definitely knew shit thts not even up for debate with his ass.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Look at the comments on this tweet. Anyone saying "oh it's only 4 small games" is a revisionist. Even a single game going to PS was doom and gloom last month, now we are reaching cope levels where it's "no big deal." At least on Era most seem to accept that it isn't just 4 titles.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
they were all onto something. i personally do believe there is a conflict between Xbox and MS, where MS (nadella) wants broad publishing and Xbox (spencer) wants more exclusives. very possibly there wasn't a set decision 2 weeks ago, so the leaks weren't 100% accurate. the leakers clearly weren't simply making shit up.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Look at the comments on this tweet. Anyone saying "oh it's only 4 small games" is a revisionist. Even a single game going to PS was doom and gloom last month, now we are reaching cope levels where it's "no big deal." At least on Era most seem to accept that it isn't just 4 titles.

Yes more games will come but not the whole slate. Those games coming will be old and Xbox and PC will have it first. Also Xbox is making a next gen console so it will be awhile to get their games on PlayStation.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Yes more games will come but not the whole slate. Those games coming will be old and Xbox and PC will have it first. Also Xbox is making a next gen console so it will be awhile to get their games on PlayStation.
Source? I don't understand how you can be such a drone man. You really just watched a PR puff piece after weeks of business-ending rumours and take what they say at face value? That's nuts. Starfield will be on PS5 by Christmas, that's my guess.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Source? I don't understand how you can be such a drone man. You really just watched a PR puff piece after weeks of business-ending rumours and take what they say at face value? That's nuts. Starfield will be on PS5 by Christmas, that's my guess.
Lol. Starfield will probably come but no time soon. A couple of years. I already said more games will come. It's going to be a wait though

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Lol. Starfield will probably come but no time soon. A couple of years. I already said more games will come. It's going to be a wait though
There is no reason to wait a couple of years. Starfield is already a dead game. If they released it today it wouldn't save anything, but maybe some people would buy it. Nobody is going to be buying it on PS in a couple of years, by that point it's dead and gone and they don't care.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS