Soooo after today how do you feel about Colt, Jez, Xbox Era, Tom Warren, Grubb, in terms of credibility? Many were all over the place with info🧂🧂

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
It's probably a bad sign I remembered State Of Decay series after L4D, that I don't even think MS has a say-in. But I'd take a fresh SOD3 on PS, in the hopes it's cleaned up a lot of the rough edges. Not like The Day Before or Factions Online are coming anymore.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Hermes33

4 Jul 2022
I don't think they laid out the full strategy today. They obviously are looking at bringing other games to Playstation and Switch, but they didn't want anymore backlash from the player base. They knew it would result in a full meltdown if they announced Gears, Halo, Starfield, and Indiana Jones were also coming to Playstation/Switch after a year exclusivity on Xbox. That podcast today was strictly about damage control and easing their players into the idea of Xbox porting games to other consoles.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
I just checked 😂 fuckin starfield has less concurrent players than hits such as
  • American Truck Simulator
  • eFootballâ„¢ 2024
  • New World

I'll keep the analogy simple. If you don't like your girlfriend/wifes cooking. Why would your friends like her cooking when they come over your house to hang out.

Apply it to Xbox games. Shit food is shit food. No matter who it's served too

Reactions: Entropi and Nimrota

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I just checked 😂 fuckin starfield has less concurrent players than hits such as
  • American Truck Simulator
  • eFootballâ„¢ 2024
  • New World
Who's the goof that had Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo sewed-up and further eyes on Starfield from Bethesda/iD/Tango's wares before MS backed-up the money truck?

Sony's picker is broken.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Lol ignore the proof. Game is dead but new content is on the way. Not adding up chief
Redfall has DLC coming too. But that is still irrelevant because adding extra content doesn't imply there is a thriving userbase. In fact, if I remember correctly, the DLC was part of upgraded editions and as such, like Redfall, they're legally obligated to release content.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Redfall has DLC coming too. But that is still irrelevant because adding extra content doesn't imply there is a thriving userbase. In fact, if I remember correctly, the DLC was part of upgraded editions and as such, like Redfall, they're legally obligated to release content.
Shattered space on the way. Can't be dead.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Shattered space on the way. Can't be dead.
DLC on the way. Can't be dead.
ss_76c5c726c129fc955574da9e744ad3c042b812ff.1920x1080.jpg

• fire
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yes more games will come but not the whole slate. Those games coming will be old and Xbox and PC will have it first. Also Xbox is making a next gen console so it will be awhile to get their games on PlayStation.
Wrong. It's the whole slate. This is the frog boiling in the pot strategy to ease Xbots in.

And the hardware is irrelevant. People called it that it's just going to be a surface-like model. It'll be the best place (allegedly) to play Xbox games, but no Xbox games will be exclusive.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Their guesses will eventually comes true and I expect at least one major game this end of year reaching PS5.

Starfield? Halo Collection? Gears Collection? I don’t know… in a few years most of these will be on PlayStation.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
While plans can change I don't believe MS is scrapping certain ports just to maintain face. Tom Warren seemed the most credible and on point. Other things like Starfield and Indiana Jones rumors didn't happen (for now) or was false information that many jumped on.

I mean I've always called some of them out anyway as not knowing shit especially Colt and Jiz. Tom Warren, Henderson and Grub had some things correct. So did they deliver or did they falter with their info? For me it depends on who you listened to.
I think MS isn't scrapping ports, they are just hiding them and announcing only 4 for now. Once they release these ones in the next few months make sure they'll announce another similar batch. And yes, I'm sure Starfield and Indiana Jones will be some of them. And Redfall.

In fact, as I always said I think no Bethesda game will be a permanent Xbox exclusive. If something, some will be timed console exclusive, apparently of 1 year. And I'd bet same will happen with MGS titles. Regarding ABK games, I think they won't even be timed exclusives and they'll release directly day one in PS.

Regarding these 'insiders' I'd say that as usual they saw a rumor and started to throw shit to the wall to see what sticks. Some got lucky, some didn't.

Yes more games will come but not the whole slate. Those games coming will be old and Xbox and PC will have it first. Also Xbox is making a next gen console so it will be awhile to get their games on PlayStation.
I think what MS will make instead of a next gen console will be a PC handheld with Windows as Phil clearly hinted in the The Verge interview.

There is no reason to wait a couple of years. Starfield is already a dead game. If they released it today it wouldn't save anything, but maybe some people would buy it. Nobody is going to be buying it on PS in a couple of years, by that point it's dead and gone and they don't care.
I think that don't piss off their fans and make the transition smoother minimizing the riots they'll only include a single "big name" in every batch and the other titles of the batch will be minor and smaller games. I think they'll keep a 1 year distance minimum before MS and PS releases at least for the already released Xbox only MS & Zenimax games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78