Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I guess they have no game to release on PC that could sell a bit better than what happened with the last releases.

They needed games that could at least 1 million there… the options are really dire after Ragnarok.

Until Dawn told them the cruel reality.
They would be making way more money right now if they hadn´t started porting everything to PC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They would be making way more money right now if they hadn´t started porting everything to PC.
How do you make more money with old games that already released on PS? Revenue already peaked there… fire / discounted sales barely make money.

Like I said before…

10 million units at $10 is worst than 1.5 million at $70.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I guess they have no game to release on PC that could sell a bit better than what happened with the last releases.

They needed games that could at least 1 million there… the options are really dire after Ragnarok.

My guess is it's between Spider-Man 2 and TLOU2 and with TLOU Season 2 not coming out as early as hoped, they've pushed Spider-Man 2 forward with TLOU2 coming out in time for the second season.

What's interesting is what comes after TLOU2. Pretty big gap in games due 2023 and 2024.

Doubt Nixxes would be working on Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin. Opens things up for Demon's Souls.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab and ethomaz

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Spiderman 2 (the only tentpole game left exclusive on PlayStation 5) will now be playable on Xbox consoles through Boosteroid Cloud Gaming, Steam Deck, Rog Ally, Lenovo Legion GO and PC players, this is Hermen Hulst, this is PlayStation in 2024

Last edited:

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

I wonder if this means internally they aren't expecting FairGame$ to not be anywhere near as big as Hell Divers II.

not that Fairgame$ needs to do anywhere near as good numbers as HD2 to be a success but it is worrying to see them do this. They could of done Bloodborne remastered instead of Spider-Man 2 if they needed a million seller so bad.

Then Again I imagine the number of PC's with the minimum spec required to run Spider-Man 2 is pretty low so most will probably buy it on PS5 anyway for convenience but still.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
My guess is it's between Spider-Man 2 and TLOU2 and with TLOU Season 2 not coming out as early as hoped, they've pushed Spider-Man 2 forward with TLOU2 coming out in time for the second season.

What's interesting is what comes after TLOU2. Pretty big gap in games due 2023 and 2024.

Doubt Nixxes would be working on Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin. Opens things up for Demon's Souls.
I would really like for the Demon's Souls port to finally come to PC. Feels like it's been ages. Though not quite as long as other Fromsoft affiliated titles, which need not be mentioned. (Hint: I'm not talking about Deracine)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I would really like for the Demon's Souls port to finally come to PC. Feels like it's been ages. Though not quite as long as other Fromsoft affiliated titles, which need not be mentioned. (Hint: I'm not talking about Deracine)

Demon's Souls on PC makes way too much sense. They can probably get 1-2 million units on PC alone for this with the right marketing.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out by the end of 2026, but we should see it in 2025.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
PS became the same as Xbox, a platform with no 1st party exclusives. Astrobot is probably comming later next year.
i've been saying this for more than a year now and mods on this site are always removing my threads about it, there is no difference between Xbox and PlayStation today, both are third party publishers and Sony will follow the same steps Microsoft has been making, Switch 2 will have a lot of PS Studios titles too

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
How do you make more money with old games that already released on PS? Revenue already peaked there.
Remaster the older games that people actually want to replay on console.
Do not restrict yourself to a handful of blockbusters, also fund and release AA games to add variety to the library.

Keep your platform alive and well, and third parties will flock to it. See: PS2, late PS3 and most of the PS4 generation.

Let it wither... well, I guess they'll only learn when it's too late. The decline has already started.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Demon's Souls on PC makes way too much sense. They can probably get 1-2 million units on PC alone for this with the right marketing.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out by the end of 2026, but we should see it in 2025.
It's definitely on my short list for most desired PC ports from Sony, along with Shadow of the Colossus, which I've always been really interested in playing.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, in that case they could release Bloodborne and demons souls before FY end with denuvo on.

Following the trend of recent western AAA from sony, Spiderman 2 is a more technically advanced game that has a worse story, characters and doubles down on the woke.

I guess it will be a good tech demo for the new GPUs releasing around that date.
It's inferior to the first game in almost every way IMO.

Down to even the character design and behaviour for Peter.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Bah at this point I am done with their western first party studios, only Kaz will get a sale from me. The funny thing is their crappy DEI sequels will get eviscerated on steam- They call it God of Cuck Ragnabore on the steam forums no wonder it did half the numbers of the 2018 game. Same shit will happen with SM2, everyone knows about the useless mary jane and deaf chick sections

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
i've been saying this for more than a year now and mods on this site are always removing my threads about it, there is no difference between Xbox and PlayStation today, both are third party publishers and Sony will follow the same steps Microsoft has been making, Switch 2 will have a lot of PS Studios titles too
The difference is PlayStation releases excellent games on a consistent basis.

Reactions: mibu no ookami