Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
Well I bet they will, maybe I will top lmao, but still if they keep shortening the PC launch timeline, I'm not gonna pay $70 when that platform is getting it cheaper

Gamers love to overreact and be dramatic but they always end up buying the next big Sony game day 1. FOMO is a bitch. Been there done that, lmao.

I give this announcement a week max before everyone forgets about it. Just like the Tsushima port, lol.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
Must have been the leak....

"Oh no! It's being pirated already! Let's release it early and tank sales on console too!" - Hermen Hulst on the phone from his yacht

Surely the people who already pirated and modded the leaked build are going to buy it now, right?
Nah they are 100% testing the waters. Until Dawn remake was the first ever PC and PS5 day one single player release. They didn't even do this with TLOU remake. They are trying to see how much they can shorten the window without causing much outrage.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Don't really see any indicator for this tbh. Until Dawn 2 is probably real, considering the fact is was rumored to be in development at firesprite and we saw project codenames be leaked a while back. One of the projects being PC and PS5 but then again that was back then so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Of course it real… for PS5.

It flopped hard on PC… I don’t see the sequel launching there just like I don’t see more Sackboy, R&C, Returnal, etc.

Of course that is not the case for Spider-man, GoW, Horizon, etc… these will be on PC.

Something changed after all these flops… nVidia leak two years ago had games like GT7 and Demon’s Souls and seems like they won’t release on PC anymore… instead Sony started to push games that they know will sell good on PC in front like Ragnarok and Spider-man 2.

Seems like they give up in port most of games and only focus in what they know will sell there.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Gamers love to overreact and be dramatic but they always end up buying the next big Sony game day 1. FOMO is a bitch. Been there done that, lmao.

I give this announcement a week max before everyone forgets about it. Just like the Tsushima port, lol.
I don't think you realize PS5 is selling less first party software than PS4... It's a slow descent for PlayStation but trusts when genuine intuned PS5 fans are raising the alarms we are not overreacting.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Nah they are 100% testing the waters. Until Dawn remake was the first ever PC and PS5 day one single player release. They didn't even do this with TLOU remake. They are trying to see how much they can shorten the window without causing much outrage.
LOL we are already beyond outrage... we are reaching the point of apathy. People are already reselling their PS5s and just not caring any more.

Trust me, apathy is way worse.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
LOL we are already beyond outrage... we are reaching the point of apathy. People are already reselling their PS5s and just not caring any more.

Trust me, apathy is way worse.
I'm optimistic there will be some course correction from Sony as a publisher. They definitely doubled down too hard on live service offerings, with some of their more public failures in that space, I'm hoping we see a re-focus on high quality single player games.

It's not even like they need to compete much anymore, since it looks like Xbox is tentatively eying an exit from hardware sales, and Nintendo doesn't need to directly compete with Sony anyway. With Sony's strategy increasingly making their games accessible across platforms, the most important factor will be whether they can drive game sales.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
why so early? shouldn't happen until 2026 at the earliest and they at least officially announce Spider-Man 3?
I guess they have no game to release on PC that could sell a bit better than what happened with the last releases.

They needed games that could at least 1 million there… the options are really dire after Ragnarok.

Until Dawn told them the cruel reality.