Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
This was taken around the time the Pro was announced it was probably a sale That was going on and i’m pretty sure the ram is 32GB the 12GB is the RTX 4070 GPU

I looked it up immediately after it was first posted and found the same SKU but it was going for 100 dollars more so seems like someone fixed the error.

So 200 dollars more for a machine that is NOT significantly more powerful than the PS5 Pro and you still need a gamepad... So 275 dollars more?

And you still get shader stutter?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hahaha less than two years. So close to day and date, and the experts will keep coping.

Faltering sales, more failed ports, and they will keep whistling at the wind.
Oh that’s certainly PS future, which is crazy because after the implosion Xbox has had ever since they went releasing there games on PC back in 2017 you would think PS would double down on there own platform turning many of there studios alike to insomniac a multi team studio in the case where Insomniac is releasing 4-5 games per gen why had naughty dog & sucker punch not been turned to multi team studios? Where’s the jak & daxter team? Where’s the uncharted team? It’s been nearly 10 years since uncharted 4 that unacceptable & a failure in leadership n vision at naughty dog & Sony/PS. Why is Suckerpunch only working on ghost of franchise where’s sly cooper & infamous? Literally gold mines being completely ignored

Spider-Man 2 was simultaneously worked on at insomniac w PS5 & PC in mind which explain the buggy launch, missing content, missing dlc & a pc version being playable just 2 month after release once hackers got touch of the insomniac leak.

PS as a platform & publisher is looking to be the next Xbox, Ubisoft, Disney & you can bet they’ll learn when they loose hundreds of millions if not billions because gamers migrated to PC, Steam/Steamdeck & Nintendo Switch which switch 2 is looking to absolutely slaughter PS5 if it’s anything near PS4 power, you can essentially guarantee more 3rd party day n date.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
With Spiderman 2 and Stellar Blade coming to PC, the Playstation 5 will now have 7 exclusive games:

- Astro Bot
- Astro's Playroom
- Destruction AllStars
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
- Quantum Error
- Rise of the Rōnin
- Silent Hill: The Short Message
Essentially only 2 notable exclusive since ff & silent hill are 3rd party, rise of the ronin is ehh to just ok but nothing to right about. What a disaster.

PS6 will be a massive flop I don’t see how any PS5 gamer would migrate I mean look at PS4 to PS5 migrating where 4 years & 50% of PS playerbase is still on PS4 imagine PS6 when PS games are day n date or 6 month to 1 year & you can play them on Steamdeck 2 w Xbox & PC exclusive + Steam exclusive that are permanent. Just invest in PC, Steam/Steamdeck & Nintendo

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony/PS can say goodbye to ever getting an exclusive Marvel game. Once they game marvel the door to now announce PS first party exclusive games to other platform Marvel will now want all marvel game multiplat. Hell I can see Marvel push for there spiderman game to be on Nintendo Switch.

Sony/PS fucked up ever opening pandoras box now it will be a slow & sad burn. Marvel pimping tf out of Sony while also getting there marvel games on other competing platforms. And all this multiplat push by PS confirms 3rd party publisher to stop doing exclusive. In what world would Square Enix make ff exclusive when not even PS have exclusive games solely to there consoles? Lmao but exclusive from these same 3rd party will exist w Nintendo.

The migrating from PS5 to PS6 will be gruesome. 4 years & 50% still on PS4 I’d say near 60% if not 70% will be on PS5 4-5 years in the PS6 gen because why hell I can see PS gamer migrate to PC or Steamdeck instead or explore Nintendo Switch 2

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Just a little over a year? Lmao
So I expect to see this game on PS+ this December then?

At this rate I'm gonna just wait for games to go on sale to support this shit company. You wanna complain about low profitability, let me help to contribute towards it.
1 year is not a dire wait. When you have 3rd party + GAAS a 1 year wait to get the game 50% off or free on PS+ or he’ll just wait for it on PC/Steamdeck for a lower price then the base $70 or set your pirate ship to sail. PS games aura, prestige & magic is rapidly fading away & that’s clear by the PC ports that continue to sell less & less even if the time between date is getting shorter & the PC port including more exclusive features

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Gamers love to overreact and be dramatic but they always end up buying the next big Sony game day 1. FOMO is a bitch. Been there done that, lmao.

I give this announcement a week max before everyone forgets about it. Just like the Tsushima port, lol.
Do they actually? Did Xbox gamers stay on Xbox when Xbox started releasing games on PC? They didn’t they also didn’t buy games on Xbox.

I mean just look at the landscape of Xbox rn w there games going to PS even more of Xbox audience both casual & hardcore are migrating to PC & those are the ones that said they would never go to PC because they like console & there a console gamer.

The reality is pc rn is almost a seamless as console. Whether it’s Valve making the Steam storefront more accessible or Valve making a console that makes PC as console like then ever before w Steamdeck, rn Valve made PC as pick up & play to a console & it will only get more streamlined & the best part is Steamdeck is as low as console w $400-$500 you can play Xbox, PS, PC (including PC exclusive) + Steam exclusive games that are permanently exclusive like Nintendo.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They will only miss their sales targets for two years in a row, but keep clapping for them champ

What are you talking about? Im talking software? Yea their projections for hardware have been missed? But their still killing it in software.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Nintendo doesn't need to directly compete with Sony anyway.
Nintendo will become a more direct competitor naturally as Shawn laden said we have already hit a peak w power. The power gap between Nintendo console & PS consoles will shrink. Switch 2 will play almost all 3rd party, you can essentially guarantee games like cod, battlefield, gta6, resident evil, street fighter, persona mainline, monster hunter mainline, ff mainline etc to be either day n date or 6 month to 1 year.

The power difference between PS5 & PS6 will be extremely small & PS6 to PS7 will be negligible. Switch 1 & Switch 2 will see big power difference & Switch 3 will be near PS5 pro if not PS5 base. It will all comeback to having exclusive games to differentiate your storefront & platform. Whether it’s cloud, subscription or hardware you need exclusive to differentiate your storefront ie Netflix & Disney+ as seen there’s no hardware or cloud but even for there storefront they need exclusive content to differentiate & compete against another platform/storefront.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
What are you talking about? Im talking software? Yea their projections for hardware have been missed? But they’re still killing it in software.
PS is doing good against PS own metric but against other competitors like Nintendo in both hardware, software & profits PS is massively behind & severely lacking any exclusive games to compete against platforms & storefronts such as Nintendo or Valve/Steam

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS is doing good against PS own metric but against other competitors like Nintendo in both hardware, software & profits PS is massively behind & severely lacking any exclusive games to compete against platforms & storefronts such as Nintendo or Valve/Steam
How are they massively behind when 2023 DWARFED Nintendo by almost double in revenue? The issue is they made some bad bets PSVR2, GAAS titles. And their console costs considerably more on top of their budgets for games costing way more.

Reactions: Bryank75

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Nintendo will become a more direct competitor naturally as Shawn laden said we have already hit a peak w power. The power gap between Nintendo console & PS consoles will shrink. Switch 2 will play almost all 3rd party, you can essentially guarantee games like cod, battlefield, gta6, resident evil, street fighter, persona mainline, monster hunter mainline, ff mainline etc to be either day n date or 6 month to 1 year.

The power difference between PS5 & PS6 will be extremely small & PS6 to PS7 will be negligible. Switch 1 & Switch 2 will see big power difference & Switch 3 will be near PS5 pro if not PS5 base. It will all comeback to having exclusive games to differentiate your storefront & platform. Whether it’s cloud, subscription or hardware you need exclusive to differentiate your storefront ie Netflix & Disney+ as seen there’s no hardware or cloud but even for there storefront they need exclusive content to differentiate & compete against another platform/storefront.
Perhaps. But even if you just consider the hardware, both companies seem to be targeting different gaming demographics. Switch is a largely portable system, designed to emphasize not only docked gaming, but also gaming on the go.

PlayStations, and forgive my assumption here, as I do not own one, are a relatively stationary console designed for high-fidelity gaming and couch coop. They do have some accessories which allow for gaming around the household, but would not be a system you play while commuting on a train, or plane.

I would think if Nintendo was going to see any pressure from a hardware perspective, it would be from Steam Deck.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
and that won't make much difference if nothing about their products is unique, what does it matter if everything will be on other platforms?
Imagine having a wife/gf that sleeps with other guys & you say “atleast she has good punani” 💀 every human like exclusivity & if something isn’t exclusive it becomes less desirable, exciting & wanted. This apply for the consumer & publisher that seek to produce quality content to funnel people into the platform & invest into the storefront, platform & ecosystem.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony kneecapping their chances of succeeding with an handheld by feeding Steam their games. Kiss a PSN pc store goodbye.

PS5 pro just got more worthless.
If PS wanted to push a PS PC launcher they would’ve saved spiderman 2 & made exclusive to the PS pc launcher. I don’t even know why PS would even bother w PS pc launcher w no exclusive. They stand no chance against Steam even Steam by default gets hundreds if not thousands of PC/Steam exclusive games by default & im not even considering Valves own first party like CSGO, DOTA, Half Lyfe, Team Fortress & now Deadlock. There’s also rumors of Valve making a new Half Lyfe game which will further push Valve/Steam & you can suspect a trend of them getting back into making games now that they have Xbox & PS games + having the PC gaming market on complete lockdown.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
LOL the revisionist history even includes Jim Ryan in the Golden Age now... that was fast.

Ken Kutaragi is the one who priced the PS3 at 500 and 600 dollars.

The entire PS1-PS2 era sony barely had 1st party development. The PS3 was an actual failure.

You're all fanboys who are angry about PC ports that have no impact on you. Your whole gaming identity is about console and platform wars... It's honestly sad.
To be fair Herman thought concord was the next Star Wars like franchise for PS & reportedly concord was Herman baby.

If PS got a new leader & they release games day 1 on PC & Nintendo Herman would be on the golden era because leadership is literally getting worse by the years passing

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Perhaps. But even if you just consider the hardware, both companies seem to be targeting different gaming demographics. Switch is a largely portable system, designed to emphasize not only docked gaming, but also gaming on the go.

PlayStations, and forgive my assumption here, as I do not own one, are a relatively stationary console designed for high-fidelity gaming and couch coop. They do have some accessories which allow for gaming around the household, but would not be a system you play while commuting on a train, or plane.

I would think if Nintendo was going to see any pressure from a hardware perspective, it would be from Steam Deck.
Your comment is entirely irrelevant.

Power gap will be blurred as both Nintendo & PS consoles power gap shrinks each gen. Which is something you will see w Switch 2 to Switch 3 & PS5 & PS6 & just like Shawn laden said the power gap/power chase for console is becoming meaningless which will push exclusivity even more then before in the future.

Steamdeck will it bring any pressure to Nintendo lol. Nintendo isn’t releasing there games on steam for Steamdeck to be any viable replacement unlike xbox or ps. That’s pretty baffling that you even think that. Nintendo produces more games then Xbox or PS, Valve/Steam is more of a threat to Xbox & PS then Nintendo I’d argue Vlave/Steam has killed any chance of MS getting any notable footprint in the PC gaming market outside publishing. Who would even buy games through the windows store when you have Steam