Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I find it crazy that Mark Cerny went on stage and did the tap dance about how great games would look on the PS5 Pro when everyone knows the PC version of games are the definitive version most of the time. That begs the question was a PS5 Pro even really needed

PS5 Pro outperforms all but 8% of the PC game market and doesn't have things like shader cache stutter... It's EASILY the best gaming device for the money on the market... you can spend double the price on PC and still have a worse gaming experience, but we're asking if it was needed?

feiozzo

18 Jan 2024
PS5 Pro outperforms all but 8% of the PC game market and doesn't have things like shader cache stutter... It's EASILY the best gaming device for the money on the market... you can spend double the price on PC and still have a worse gaming experience, but we're asking if it was needed?
Please send the source to this informations

Reactions: KvallyX

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
I find it crazy that Mark Cerny went on stage and did the tap dance about how great games would look on the PS5 Pro when everyone knows the PC version of games are the definitive version most of the time. That begs the question was a PS5 Pro even really needed

Doesn't matter.

The Pro isn't for PC gamers. It's for existing PS5 owners who want a more powerful console.

It's the console equivalent of a GPU upgrade.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I think Digital Foundry does a disservice when they compare ps5 and 4090s when such a small segment of the market has 4090s.

It's like you can own a 3070 but that doesn't mean that because a 4090 is a better experience that means you're getting that better experience too...

It's like saying I can play God of War Ragnarok on PS4... sure but it's a different experience at 1080p30...

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
d47847f4563b4a27a47fe5a88717ece1.gif

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Please send the source to this informations

Look up the steam hardware survey.

If the PS5 Pro is just under a 4070, count all the cards that are 4070 or above and what percentage they account for on Steam.

You'll see it's like 8-10 percent, but again, you're still going to have shader cache issues on these games. There aren't going to be many ports on PC that are going to 1:1 out perform the PS5 Pro port on optimization...

I don't know why people are missing what's right in front of them.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
For 700 dollars you're going to outperform most of PCMR and the ones in the 8% ahead of you are going to be MARGINALLY better graphics and framerates AND they're going to have shader stutter too... AND they're going to cost more than double price...

PS5 Pro is the best buy on the market... if you want top notch graphics and performance.

The PS5 Digital is the best buy on the market if you want current gen gaming for the cheapest price

The Ps5 standard is the best buy on the market if you want curernt gen gaming for the cheapest price but to be able to buy your games physically and potentially cheaper.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Besides Sony first party devs how many 3rd party devs will take advantage of the PS5 Pro specs
As an exclusive machine nobody but that is the same for PS5 with multi platform games.

But all developers will take advantage of PS5 Pro hardware with different profiles options… it is mandatory for games released after September 2024.

Edit - Like said below devs doesn’t take advantage of high end PC hardware too… everything is hold back by minimum specs… that is one of disadvantages of multi hardware / platform… a game exclusive to RTX 4090 should shine like no other in PC space.

Last edited:

R4tion4l Sk3pt1c

31 Aug 2024
For 700 dollars you're going to outperform most of PCMR and the ones in the 8% ahead of you are going to be MARGINALLY better graphics and framerates AND they're going to have shader stutter too... AND they're going to cost more than double price...

PS5 Pro is the best buy on the market... if you want top notch graphics and performance.

The PS5 Digital is the best buy on the market if you want current gen gaming for the cheapest price

The Ps5 standard is the best buy on the market if you want curernt gen gaming for the cheapest price but to be able to buy your games physically and potentially cheaper.
IMG-4660.png

For $100 more you can get this Asus PC at Costco with better specs than a PS5 Pro

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
Besides Sony first party devs how many 3rd party devs will take advantage of the PS5 Pro specs

I can ask the same about devs and PC hardware. How many do actually take advantage of high end hardware?

Besides, the Pro has a boost mode for non supported games.

Again, it's a GPU upgrade for existing PS5 owners. PC gamers with good hardware aren't the target audience.

All Might

Banned
10 Jul 2024
How is selling as of May 2024 11 Million copies and charting still in last couple Circana charts faltering?

It's like people only see what they want to see. They will sell another couple million easily at full price on PC. Then put out stand alone DLC/smaller game with Venom for $50 and sell like 8-10 Million copies and do it again on PC.

Do some research.
They will only miss their sales targets for two years in a row, but keep clapping for them champ

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
IMG-4660.png

For $100 more you can get this Asus PC at Costco with better specs than a PS5 Pro

This is an old screenshot and was called into question at the time. I ran the same search on costco and it was 100 dollars more expensive.

You say it has better specs but it also only has 12gb of ram while also saying 32 gb ram and it is only 1 tb of storage... also no gamepad.

And you're still going to get shader stutter... how is this better specs than ps5 pro.

R4tion4l Sk3pt1c

31 Aug 2024
This is an old screenshot and was called into question at the time. I ran the same search on costco and it was 100 dollars more expensive.

You say it has better specs but it also only has 12gb of ram while also saying 32 gb ram and it is only 1 tb of storage... also no gamepad.

And you're still going to get shader stutter... how is this better specs than ps5 pro.
This was taken around the time the Pro was announced it was probably a sale That was going on and i’m pretty sure the ram is 32GB the 12GB is the RTX 4070 GPU

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024

It's 32 GB system ram and 12 GB Vram (GPU memory)

Reactions: mibu no ookami