Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I'm not talking about breaking even.
Me neither they sold 11 million copies as of April I am talking about selling more consoles for the holiday.

I didn't say you didn't read, but I think you failed to put 2 and 2 together as to the why. This game comes out in 3 months and the game has been done for a year. The idea that they "threw" this trailer together doesn't add up.
It's ironic you say 2 and 2 together when I say the trailer looks hastily put together by not being coherent compared to the others(which you don't notice) and after it literally stating they are at NY Comic Con. I even quoted it for you again but alas.
Yes Nixxes is done with Horizon Remastered so they got another 3 months to polish it up for PC.

The amount of money you think you're getting for this as a system seller (that you'd be losing by going to PC) is insignificant compared to how much you're getting from a full PC release selling anywhere close to 2 million copies.
I already literally accounted for the bean counters salivating for an extra 100 million. So I don't get your argument.

You think there is leverage to sell more consoles, but clearly Sony has the data on this
Yes, my point is which flies over your head. Is that the PC port is not out during the holiday, so there is no point in sabotaging yourself when the port comes out at the end of January and not during Christmas.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
The thing that people are missing out on Nintendo which their president already addressed to their investors is that they are approaching PS4 level of investments with the upcoming gen and will come across the same problems as Sony with budgets and timelines. We already seen an iteration sequel on cross-gen BotW take 7 years and Metroid 4 take an entire gen.

"PS4 level of investments" could mean a multitude of things, because not all of Nintendo's games are at BOTW scale. As for Metroid 4 taking a whole gen, that is not due to complexity of the game itself. It's because it's Metroid; Nintendo has ALWAYS been slow to iterate on Metroid because it hasn't been a priority IP for them for, since, well, ever.

And with mainline Mario games as another example, they try not saturating the market with too many as they prefer for each one to have unique game mechanics to stand apart. So again, that statement from Nintendo's President could mean a multitude of things but it doesn't mean they are going to be running into all the same problems SIE have, as a good number of SIE's problems were self-inflicted due to a very different management style (clearly).

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Me neither they sold 11 million copies as of April I am talking about selling more consoles for the holiday.

Yeah and those sales are going to be minimal and not heavily influenced by a PC release.

It's ironic you say 2 and 2 together when I say the trailer looks hastily put together by not being coherent compared to the others(which you don't notice) and after it literally stating they are at NY Comic Con. I even quoted it for you again but alas.
Yes Nixxes is done with Horizon Remastered so they got another 3 months to polish it up for PC.

But you don't understand why it would be announced at NY Comic Con.

I already literally accounted for the bean counters salivating for an extra 100 million. So I don't get your argument.

My argument is that they have a partnership with Marvel who probably wanted to announce a slate of games. Marvel via Disney has their own shareholders. And it literally won't make the difference you think it will.

It's also some of the biggest advertising you can get for the game.

Yes, my point is which flies over your head. Is that the PC port is not out during the holiday, so there is no point in sabotaging yourself when the port comes out at the end of January and not during Christmas.

Same reason why Microsoft announced Indiana Jones on PS5 before it released on Xbox. Most people aren't terminally online. This doesn't make a difference sales wise and the game likely isn't going to get a broad ad campaign months later.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Seems like Sony give up on port others games that won’t sell on PC

How? It's not like there is much left to port....
Doubt Nixxes would be working on Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin.
Why would Nixxes port 3rd party games?
Of course they could take the job, but I think Koei and Shift Up would have a cheaper solution in house.

Why do people think Sony cares about unit sold if PS4 units are still actively purchasing games or MTX.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
...Like I said... I doubt they would do these games.

Well let me write in the Indiana Jones thread that I doubt Nixxes would make the PS5 and PC port of that game, I want to know how it feels writing useless stuff.

This was a statement before the pandemic... Why do you struggle to take in new information?

Why do you struggle with logic and thinking? Why should that statement change because of the pandemic?

Since when did a console manufacturer want their userbase to stay on the old-gen platform? If PS4 players don't see a reason to get a PS5, they very well might not see a reason to stay on PlayStation at all in the future.

A casual upgrading to PS5 is also a casual buying more PS5 accessories. It might be someone getting older and wanting to try some new games, only available on the new console. It might be someone noticing the benefits of the upgrade and convincing friends and family to upgrade too.

23 Sep 2023
ron swanson computer GIF

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
Where are you getting the mods from?
Nexusmods bans mods removing the woke flag, black people and ugly women.

*I care not for the politics of mods. Just saying.
There's a couple of sites, one is called "BasedMods" but beware that site hosts a LOT of racist shit, like one of them I saw turned every black character in some game white, some of them spread nazi memorabilia in games, etc.

It is a shit hole, I only looked at it once because I saw some anti-wokes yapping about the flags in spider-man 1 and how they just "hated it so much."

• Informative
Reactions: Boswollox

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
There's a couple of sites, one is called "BasedMods" but beware that site hosts a LOT of racist shit, like one of them I saw turned every black character in some game white, some of them spread nazi memorabilia in games, etc.

It is a shit hole, I only looked at it once because I saw some anti-wokes yapping about the flags in spider-man 1 and how they just "hated it so much."
I'm indifferent to what people put in their games. It's a product they bought, they can play it how they want. It's a shame the internet has been stifled by moral busybodies.
If one wants to play New Vegas and replace the NCP with NPCs and The Legion with BoBo the clown or Simpsons characters, who am I to judge?

Thanks for the info though. I'll check it out. If it has a better interface than nexusmods and I don't have to pay, then even better.

Reactions: Exicide

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Anyone with an IQ above 0 can understand how this will damage the brand on mid term and the business long term.

The PS-hate cult PC gamers who call this "pro-consumer", and a "good thing" are obviously not fooling anyone.
There's a difference, one Sony can't understand, in using PC as a platform for marketing, and one where Sony make the PC a competing platform.

For example, if an exclusive launches in 2020 on PS5, with the sequel set to launch 2025, exclusive to PS5, there's no harm in dropped a version on PC in 2024; it helps sales of the original while building interest in the sequel.

But, launching a PC version within six months of the original title, with superior features and free online play, is the same as a third party favouring Xbox - including exclusive DLC and online, over Playstation.

I don't understand how Sony don't understand the difference.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Sony sold their ass. PS5 will be my last Playstation console just like Xbox 360 was my last Xbox.
It’s beyond baffling the decision making. They think they can skirt a fine line offering their treasures on the other side of the fence and still sell their hardware and eco system.

Welp, I can speak from personal experience that my anticipation for anything Sony is dimmed.

And if truth be told I’ll be cancelling the pro if their incompetence can’t supply me with a disc drive along with it. Beyond belief there is no disc sku. Shit is going downhill lads, we have a blueprint laid out by Xbox.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
What happened to Venom DLC? They cancelled it to do the PC port instead, fucking assholes?
Of course.

Other studios also, instead of providing better quality releases at the start (starting with HZD2 and SM2, many more bugs appeared in the games), spent their efforts on PC ports rather than DLC and sequels.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

stop trying to debate with Chat GPT, you'll get nowhere

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Anyone with an IQ above 0 can understand how this will damage the brand on mid term and the business long term.

The PS-hate cult PC gamers who call this "pro-consumer", and a "good thing" are obviously not fooling anyone.
like i said in my comment on PS Blog, PS5 is struggling to outsell PS4, the console DESPERATELY needs exclusives to justify the purchase, instead of bolstering the first party exclusive lineup, they're porting everything to PC, there is ABSOLUTELY NO PS5 FIRST PARTY TENTPOLE TITLE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT NOW, Spiderman 2 was the last one... it's basically Xbox at this point