Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
image.png

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
How are they massively behind when 2023 DWARFED Nintendo by almost double in revenue? The issue is they made some bad bets PSVR2, GAAS titles. And their console costs considerably more on top of their budgets for games costing way more.
Revenue? Bruh the only thing that matters is profits & Nintendo makes 3x PS profits w 1/3 of the total revenue. Nintendo is sitting comfortably.

Nintendo is more dominant in singleplayer, multiplayer/gaas & mobile then PS or Xbox.

I do agree w PS5 price still being $400-$500 is bad. They should look on making a 125gb digital PS5 w no controller for $300-$350 that allow people to get the PS5 console to homes & either use a PS4 controller or borrow/use a PS5 controller from friend or buy one a la carte to lower price.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I agree completely.

It's all about growing the IP as opposed to the plastic box that has an expiration date. These companies want more people to play their games and they know that trying to get people to go to them is extremely difficult to do so they decided to go to the people instead which makes sense because the more people that have access to your games and content in the way that they want to consume it is how you'll grow the IP while at the same time get more sales and more monthly active users.
Funny how Nintendo found a way to expand the there ip while simultaneously outselling & making more profit in the gaming market then PS.

You would’ve thought w the Mario movie we would see a Mario game ported to PC but nope. Instead you see Nintendo expand the Mario ip w movies, anime, tv shows, merchandise/toys & parks that all funnel to the Nintendo console getting 100% cuts from first party, 70% from 3rd party 100% & 70% of dlc cuts from first party & 3rd party 100% from subscription etc Nintendo entire business funnels to there platform/storefront where they have full control & make the most amount of money without diminishing or relying on other competitors platform/storefront to make that money, smart.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
😅Sony in the PS5 gen is so unlikable.
They've had a bit of a rough go at it with some releases for sure.

That said, I think some of their titles did pretty well, like Helldivers, and Astrobot. I do appreciate that they've been porting more of their titles to PC, so PC gamers like myself have a chance to play them. I don't know that I'd have ever played the first Spiderman if they hadn't ported it over.

I also picked up Miles Morales at one point (which reminds me I should probably play that eventually, lol.)

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Oh my! What's that? Sony decreasing the console exclusivity to one year? Well you know what's next
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE
DAY AND DATE

Reactions: DarkLordOtaku

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
The narrative that Sony porting games to PC will culminate in their demise is ridiculous.

Sony and PlayStation enjoy a brand cachet that everyone else in the gaming industry could only dream of. They are on par with Apple in how their brand is perceived by consumers and the general public.

PlayStation is not going anywhere. Ever.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Funny how Nintendo found a way to expand the there ip while simultaneously outselling & making more profit in the gaming market then PS.

You would’ve thought w the Mario movie we would see a Mario game ported to PC but nope. Instead you see Nintendo expand the Mario ip w movies, anime, tv shows, merchandise/toys & parks that all funnel to the Nintendo console getting 100% cuts from first party, 70% from 3rd party 100% & 70% of dlc cuts from first party & 3rd party 100% from subscription etc Nintendo entire business funnels to there platform/storefront where they have full control & make the most amount of money without diminishing or relying on other competitors platform/storefront to make that money, smart.

Huge differences between Nintendo and Sony though. First, Nintendo is at least a generation if not more behind in tech which costs less than that of Sony's and Microsoft's. Second, their games are not costing them $300M a pop so they make a lot more money in profit than the other two. Third, they don't go after licenses which adds to the budget and cost plus does Nintendo even have a realistic looking game? I don't think that they do which because of the art style their games use, it saves them a lot of money.

Nintendo will be the one hardware manufacturer of the three that will truly stay old school because they just don't spend the money that the other two spend and because of that, they don't need to do anything else.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The 3.6 billion Bungle scam not looking so hot now. Next year is going to get worse- marathon is going to flop and their yotei will also sell less than Tsushima. The only thing the pc ports will do is make the console players also wait for discounts rather than buy day 1. Dancing on the graves of 1st party flops will be fun lol, Cuckmann and his california friends will be hit with a dose of reality.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The narrative that Sony porting games to PC will culminate in their demise is ridiculous.

Sony and PlayStation enjoy a brand cachet that everyone else in the gaming industry could only dream of. They are on par with Apple in how their brand is perceived by consumers and the general public.

Yeah but 2020 was 4 going 5 years ago... Please join us in reality!

Reactions: Diah and arvfab

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Idk why that clown @Infinity is laughing. You’re right. There’s a reason why PS has 40M Twitter followers and more social media followers than anyone.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Idk why that clown @Infinity is laughing. You’re right. There’s a reason why PS has 40M Twitter followers and more social media followers than anyone.

The forum attracts the worst people on twitter from all around the world...

Mostly juvenile fanboys who see a thread on twitter and come join in order to be reactionary to it.

These people get proven wrong time and time again, but it doesn't change things.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The forum attracts the worst people on twitter from all around the world...

Mostly juvenile fanboys who see a thread on twitter and come join in order to be reactionary to it.

These people get proven wrong time and time again, but it doesn't change things.
Lol They’ll do the same thing next year. When PS will have one of their best years with 1st party games, and PS5 will sell in bunches because of GTA VI.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
They announced this out of nowhere
Yep, looks out of the blue. Even the trailer looks hastily put together. But then again there is Comic-Con going on in NY.

They do have often a PC port/game in Jan last few years so I assumed it would be the Days Gone remaster next to Freedom Wars but guess not.

SM2 will still have 2 holiday seasons to sell on console but like. I said earlier you could'v still leveraged exclusivity from a marketing perspective to sell (Pro) consoles by simply announcing it later.. The beancounters are thinking a potential 2-2,5 million at 50 will rake in 100 million. And shut the core base up with a Venom announcement.

Revenue? Bruh the only thing that matters is profits & Nintendo makes 3x PS profits w 1/3 of the total revenue
The thing that people are missing out on Nintendo which their president already addressed to their investors is that they are approaching PS4 level of investments with the upcoming gen and will come across the same problems as Sony with budgets and timelines. We already seen an iteration sequel on cross-gen BotW take 7 years and Metroid 4 take an entire gen.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Lol They’ll do the same thing next year. When PS will have one of their best years with 1st party games, and PS5 will sell in bunches because of GTA VI.

That's why I at least try to get them to be specific and go on the record.

Does Sony care if they miss their forecast by a couple million this year if they make it up next year at a higher margin? They don't. Especially for people who only play games like CoD or EA FC.

Why do people think Sony cares about unit sold if PS4 units are still actively purchasing games or MTX.

How does Sony benefit if a PS4 owner buys a PS5 only to play fortnite?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Yep, looks out of the blue. Even the trailer looks hastily put together. But then again there is Comic-Con going on in NY.

They do have often a PC port/game in Jan last few years so I assumed it would be the Days Gone remaster next to Freedom Wars but guess not.

How was it hastily put together or out of the blue when this has been in the works for some time and the game is coming out in 3 months?

SM2 will still have 2 holiday seasons to sell on console but like. I said earlier you could'v still leveraged exclusivity from a marketing perspective to sell (Pro) consoles by simply announcing it later.. The beancounters are thinking a potential 2-2,5 million at 50 will rake in 100 million. And shut the core base up with a Venom announcement.

Spider-Man 2 is going to continue to have legs on PS5 regardless of a PC version. You also fail to understand that Sony is a partner to Marvel and Marvel probably wanted something to announce. At the end of the day it has no impact on PS5 Pro sales.

An extra 2 million at 50 does bring in 100 million less 25+ percent from Valve. This means you're getting slightly less than 75 million dollars again minus the royalty fees.

Then at least 9% of the royalty is going to go to Marvel, so at the end of the day you're looking at 68.25 million dollars on 2 million sold at 50, which is why they'll sell this game for 70.

That's a 140 million minus 25 percent, leaves you at 105 million, minus 9 percent leaves you at 95.55 million... They could pretty easily hit 100 million on just the PC release of this game and that's just the revenue from the first 6 or so months.

This goes a long way towards paying that 315 million dollars development cost. You can't make these games like this and not put the games on PC.

The thing that people are missing out on Nintendo which their president already addressed to their investors is that they are approaching PS4 level of investments with the upcoming gen and will come across the same problems as Sony with budgets and timelines. We already seen an iteration sequel on cross-gen BotW take 7 years and Metroid 4 take an entire gen.

Nintendo's costs will go up and they'll pass those costs on to consumers. It's going to be very interesting.

• haha
Reactions: BillyZ

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Because he said Sony is on par with Apple on how their brand is perceived by the public. Apple products and their brand perception are in another league compared to Sony. A better comparison would be Sony and Samsung products are about the same public perception wise.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
How was it hastily put together or out of the blue when this has been in the works for some time and the game is coming out in 3 months?
I am talking about the trailer. All trailers of SM are well put together except this one, shot of the jump of Peter around the tank into the title was laughable as well as some shots of Venom compared to the previous ones.

You also fail to understand that Sony is a partner to Marvel
But then again there is Comic-Con going on in NY.
It's not me who is failing to read.

This goes a long way towards paying that 315 million dollars development cost. You can't make these games like this and not put the games on PC.
They already recouped dev costs while back. You could use the same logic and leverage to sell more consoles as platform holder and earn your money with royalties on other software. PC users that were interested and I am using Hermen's own words ''entice people with sequels to PS'' can go right out the door ironically when they drop a Pro that appeals to more high end users.

Nintendo's costs will go up and they'll pass those costs on to consumers. It's going to be very interesting
They are already doing it with ToTk at 70 and Switch basically still almost selling full price 7 years later.

Reactions: Umar and arvfab

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I am talking about the trailer. All trailers of SM are well put together except this one, shot of the jump of Peter around the tank into the title was laughable as well as some shots of Venom compared to the previous ones.

I'm not seeing a material difference here.

It's not me who is failing to read.

I didn't say you didn't read, but I think you failed to put 2 and 2 together as to the why. This game comes out in 3 months and the game has been done for a year. The idea that they "threw" this trailer together doesn't add up.

They already recouped dev costs while back. You could use the same logic and leverage to sell more consoles as platform holder and earn your money with royalties on other software. PC users that were interested and I am using Hermen's own words ''entice people with sequels to PS'' can go right out the door ironically when they drop a Pro that appeals to more high end users.

I'm not talking about breaking even. When a game costs 315 million dollars, you're doing whatever you can to lower the cost to profit ratio.

You think there is leverage to sell more consoles, but clearly Sony has the data on this. They milked Spider-Man PS5 bundles for quite some time and the game still sells to a percentage of new PS5 owners as the game always charts. The amount of money you think you're getting for this as a system seller (that you'd be losing by going to PC) is insignificant compared to how much you're getting from a full PC release selling anywhere close to 2 million copies.

PC users have had a full year to be "enticed"

They are already doing it with ToTk at 70 and Switch basically still almost selling full price 7 years later.

We haven't seen anything yet. There is going to be price shock with the Switch 2. I don't think it'll be sold as an entry level system but rather a compliment to the Switch, which I think they'll continue to sell. It's not selling horrible and the margins are great. I think Switch 2 opens up as a premium device. They're selling a fucking alarm clock for 130 dollars.

• haha
Reactions: BillyZ