Spider-Man 2 has sold more than 2.5 Million copies in first 24 hours

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Eh honestly I enjoyed the game, some pandering here and there but not that bad.

I think Insomiac definitely don't to kill their tentpole franchises so they definitely will have to resort to using Peter/Miles players data to decide which direction they want to go with.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Eh honestly I enjoyed the game, some pandering here and there but not that bad.

I think Insomiac definitely don't to kill their tentpole franchises so they definitely will have to resort to using Peter/Miles players data to decide which direction they want to go with.
They are beholden to Marvel, and Marvel is hell-bent on phasing out the true versions of all their heroes for their woke replacements to take over, and have made it clear they don’t want the existing fanbase’s money anymore.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Pete retires as Spiderman and Miles is replacing him. Also for some reason Mary Jane is running around with an energy gun or something and joining the fight. This is stupid and wrong, Mary Jane is the completely wrong character and Miles Morales isn't Spiderman.
nah that's not what happens

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Pete retires as Spiderman and Miles is replacing him. Also for some reason Mary Jane is running around with an energy gun or something and joining the fight. This is stupid and wrong, Mary Jane is the completely wrong character and Miles Morales isn't Spiderman.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They are beholden to Marvel, and Marvel is hell-bent on phasing out the true versions of all their heroes for their woke replacements to take over, and have made it clear they don’t want the existing fanbase’s money anymore.
Whose money do they want then? Their projects are bombing hard so it looks like they don't want money at all. Bunch of idiots.

Reactions: ForzaJuve

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
@ForzaJuve

That's not what happens. It's not even mentioned in the game. It's some bs rumor that started AFTER the game released, based on a tweet that said something completely different.

Yes, there are more MJ segments than the first game. And yes, she gets a gun this time. Explained as her having trained with Sable after the first game.

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
@ForzaJuve

That's not what happens. It's not even mentioned in the game. It's some bs rumor that started AFTER the game released, based on a tweet that said something completely different.

Yes, there are more MJ segments than the first game. And yes, she gets a gun this time. Explained as her having trained with Sable after the first game.
That's not Mary Jane, that's not the character at all. She's not a dumb reporter that gets in trouble, has to get rescued by Peter and then screams at him for it, that was already annoying in Spiderman 1, I can imagine it's way worse in the sequel.

And about the ending come on, you know that the implication is what I said. It was already annoying to have to play as Miles in the first game, he is not Spiderman. I'm just sad because I'm finding it harder and harder to play Sony exclusives, because of the integration of this stuff in their games. Horizon 2's female characters were already irritating, not to mention with a laughable final boss, the Nordic gods that don't look Nordic in God of War 2 and let's not get into body builder Abby in TLOU2.

I don't want to get into the actual merits of THE MESSAGE. If you like it, fine, good for you, but I don't, it takes me out of the game and makes me picture an angry blue haired ugly woman coming out of the screen, screaming at me for my privilege or something.

Sony is the one that puts the most production value into their single player games, not that many other studios do something similar, and in a way we are losing them. It's sad.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's not Mary Jane, that's not the character at all. She's not a dumb reporter that gets in trouble, has to get rescued by Peter and then screams at him for it, that was already annoying in Spiderman 1, I can imagine it's way worse in the sequel.

And about the ending come on, you know that the implication is what I said. It was already annoying to have to play as Miles in the first game, he is not Spiderman. I'm just sad because I'm finding it harder and harder to play Sony exclusives, because of the integration of this stuff in their games. Horizon 2's female characters were already irritating, not to mention with a laughable final boss, the Nordic gods that don't look Nordic in God of War 2 and let's not get into body builder Abby in TLOU2.

I don't want to get into the actual merits of THE MESSAGE. If you like it, fine, good for you, but I don't, it takes me out of the game and makes me picture an angry blue haired ugly woman coming out of the screen, screaming at me for my privilege or something.

Sony is the one that puts the most production value into their single player games, not that many other studios do something similar, and in a way we are losing them. It's sad.
I mean it sounds like you've made up your mind because you heard something that confirmed your biases and you're not open to the idea that the things you heard about the game are greatly exaggerated to push an agenda (be careful of who you listen to).

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
How do you determine who a Marvel character is, considering they can vary depending on the universe?
  • In Earth-616, she's got Jackpot's powers due to a bracelet.
  • In Earth-18119, she's the Spinneret, pretty much an "artificial" Spider-Woman.
  • In Earth-65, she's got Carnage as her symbiote
  • In Earth-1610, she's pretty much "normal"
  • In Earth-12041, she's Spider-Woman
  • And then in Earth-1048, she's the one from the game
So, which of those is the real MJ?

And about the ending come on, you know that the implication is what I said. It was already annoying to have to play as Miles in the first game, he is not Spiderman.
Wrong.

He was originally the Spider-Man in Earth-1610 after Peter Parker died, and then when the multiverse was re-written, he was transported to Earth-616, becoming one of two Spider-Man.

In Marvel continuity, any person can be anything, which is why you have regular Gwen Stacy, Spider-Gwen, etc. If Sony wants their Universe's Spider-Man to be Miles Morales, it's not only their choice, but it's also something that has had an existing foundation in Marvel Comics. It's not groundbreaking.

the Nordic gods that don't look Nordic in God of War 2
Which Nordic Gods didn't look Nordic?

let's not get into body builder Abby in TLOU2
Which was based on a real woman's body.

So you're very triggered by something that didn't happen. Got it.

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
I mean it sounds like you've made up your mind because you heard something that confirmed your biases and you're not open to the idea that the things you heard about the game are greatly exaggerated to push an agenda (be careful of who you listen to).

It's like being in a restaurant and after the waiter brings me a plate with some puke to the side, in this scenario you are telling me "come on, it's not that much puke, you might even like some puke". No, there shouldn't be any puke in my plate. At all. Because it turns out that puke ruins a good meal.

@Satoru, you said it yourself, Miles is just a race swapped copycat version of him. Miles Morales is not Spiderman, Miles Morales is Miles Morales. Peter Parker is Spiderman.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
How do you determine who a Marvel character is, considering they can vary depending on the universe?
  • In Earth-616, she's got Jackpot's powers due to a bracelet.
  • In Earth-18119, she's the Spinneret, pretty much an "artificial" Spider-Woman.
  • In Earth-65, she's got Carnage as her symbiote
  • In Earth-1610, she's pretty much "normal"
  • In Earth-12041, she's Spider-Woman
  • And then in Earth-1048, she's the one from the game
So, which of those is the real MJ?

Wrong.

He was originally the Spider-Man in Earth-1610 after Peter Parker died, and then when the multiverse was re-written, he was transported to Earth-616, becoming one of two Spider-Man.

In Marvel continuity, any person can be anything, which is why you have regular Gwen Stacy, Spider-Gwen, etc. If Sony wants their Universe's Spider-Man to be Miles Morales, it's not only their choice, but it's also something that has had an existing foundation in Marvel Comics. It's not groundbreaking.

Which Nordic Gods didn't look Nordic?

Which was based on a real woman's body.

So you're very triggered by something that didn't happen. Got it.
quick, post pics that will trigger him

Marisa2.jpeg
bodybuilder.jpg

alina.jpg

muh MESSAGE

• haha
Reactions: Darth Vader

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's like being in a restaurant and after the waiter brings me a plate with some puke to the side, in this scenario you are telling me "come on, it's not that much puke, you might even like some puke". No, there shouldn't be any puke in my plate. At all. Because it turns out that puke ruins a good meal.

@Satoru, you said it yourself, Miles is just a race swapped copycat version of him. Miles Morales is not Spiderman, Miles Morales is Miles Morales. Peter Parker is Spiderman.
except you haven't even seen the plate, you just heard someone on the street saying something about puke on the plate (turns out they own the restaurant across the street)

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
@anonpuffs you forgot the best one...

rhea-ripley-wwe-womens-world-champion-october-17-a.jpg

• fire
Reactions: anonpuffs

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

I did not say that, and yes, he is Spider-Man. He's as much Spider-Man as Peter Parker is. No matter how triggered you are, you can't change reality just to fit your weird narrative.

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I did not say that, and yes, he is Spider-Man. He's as much Spider-Man as Peter Parker is. No matter how triggered you are, you can't change reality just to fit your weird narrative.
What's the saying again? Oh right, "facts don't care about your feelings" - sounds like @ForzaJuve could reflect on that a bit ;)

• they're_right_you_know

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
OK, let me just say that the argument wasn't about Abby being big but her being big in an apocalypse, where resources are restricted.

These athletes eat very specific diets and train twice a day, almost every day of the week. The argument was that that would be impossible to do that in a world where you're fighting for survival everyday. Not only is food sparse, you wouldn't have much time to train, with all the patrols they have to do.

ND tried addressing this. The first thing you see as Abby is a fully equipped gym. Then you see an actual farmland in the stadium, with various animals, showing they have access to protein. People out in the field probably get fed better than the rest, so there's that. They tried to at least make it plausible.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
OK, let me just say that the argument wasn't about Abby being big but her being big in an apocalypse, where resources are restricted.

These athletes eat very specific diets and train twice a day, almost every day of the week. The argument was that that would be impossible to do that in a world where you're fighting for survival everyday. Not only is food sparse, you wouldn't have much time to train, with all the patrols they have to do.

ND tried addressing this. The first thing you see as Abby is a fully equipped gym. Then you see an actual farmland in the stadium, with various animals, showing they have access to protein. People out in the field probably get fed better than the rest, so there's that. They tried to at least make it plausible.
I'm sorry but hard disagree with the first bold. The argument was always "buff women don't exist". Always. Some people tried to sneak the argument "but muh apocalypse", but that was following being proven wrong about... Well, buff women actually existing.

I agree with the second bold.

Edit: The original argument was so bad and so offensive that they were calling Abby a trans woman. So let's not rewrite history.

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I imagine it would be pretty hard for a normal woman to get Abby's build in a post-apocalyptic scenario...but that's what makes her unique. There aren't a bunch of women-tanks like Abby roaming around, it's just her. She's a freak of nature. And that's fine. That's what makes her a threat. IMO people who complain about Abby's build are pathetically sensitive. There are things to criticize the game for, Abby being a bit muscular isn't one of them. and you're right, ND at least tried to make it plausible. It's not like she was scrounging for scraps in the alleys.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I imagine it would be pretty hard for a normal woman to get Abby's build in a post-apocalyptic scenario...but that's what makes her unique. There aren't a bunch of women-tanks like Abby roaming around, it's just her. She's a freak of nature. And that's fine. That's what makes her a threat. IMO people who complain about Abby's build are pathetically sensitive. There are things to criticize the game for, Abby being a bit muscular isn't one of them. and you're right, ND at least tried to make it plausible. It's not like she was scrounging for scraps in the alleys.
Going by some people's arguments, it should be super easy for any guy to become Brock Lesnar or Hafþór Björnsson. It isn't. Those dudes are absolute genetic freaks, and no matter how much work you put into it, you will never be as powerful as them, even if you were the same height. That's what makes them different.