Spider-Man 2 has sold more than 2.5 Million copies in first 24 hours

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There’s the 2.5M sales data in 24 hours and the fastest selling first party game. Anything else is just made up bullshit from people like you.

“No way it sold more than GoW.”

You know this how? lol.
You are putting words in his mouth like you tried to do with me.
He didn't say what you quoted.

Nobody denies that it is the fastest selling Sony titles for the the first 24 hours... it is fact.

Now saying it sold more or less in the Day 2 or Day 3 is just guesses.... for any side.
And people can speculate that like they want without others trying to spread bullshit because saying that Spider-man sold more after 3 days is just that... a guess until we get more data.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
If you're gonna use quotes then learn how to apply it you ignorant fuck. How you gonna make up something I didn't say and then put it in quotes? 🤣

Again get a life. Imagine being this bothered over an opinion on a forum. A literal psychopath.

You said it didn’t sell more than GoW because Sony only reported day one sales.

They reported day one sales because it sold more than any other game.

Only “ignorant fuck” (did I quote right this time?) is you.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Some guys are incapable of understand that.
Nobody knows it it sold more or less after the Day 1 than others titles because there is no data to compare.
But when I just made a innocent comment saying I should prefer the Day 3 sales to have a better comparison with others titles BOOM!

And of course Sony have both datas... Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.
But they choose to use Day 1.

That’s still not true.

None of what any of y’all are saying is true. Just assumptions.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That’s still not true.

None of what any of y’all are saying is true. Just assumptions.
Like you are just making assumptions (guesses) when you say Spider-man 2 is ahead in sales in Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, etc.
Your counter point is just that... assumptions... so I prefer to have my own assumptions.

Diference of you I never said what I said was a fact.
Just that it should be better have Day 3 sales for a better comparison.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Coming from the guy that made up bullshit about this game selling less than ragnarok I’ll pass. You’re brain dead if you think if a multiplayer/co-op Spider-Man wouldn’t be Fortnite level. Some of you people see the word GAAS and lose all critical thinking skills.
Where did I make up anything? It's not my fault if you don't know what an assumption is? But... It means I made an opinion without proof = meaning I didn't state it as a fact. This is basic 4th grade English language stuff. I'm more concerned you're still not at that level of comprehension... But then it also matches your basic elementary type insults lol.

But what is brain dead is wanting to turn Spiderman into a Yearly Iteration. It's a prestigious Tentpole IP.

A Free to Play Spiderman game would literally undermine the economics of the IP. And no a Co-op / Multiplayer Spiderman game wouldn't be on the level of Fortnite or COD.

If they wanna a go the GaaS route with a Superhero IP... X-Men Universe is the way to go as long as it's handled with care.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
They're waiting for more data and will probably save the 3-day/weekly figures for later. But that doesn't mean it did less well than other PlayStation games, there are no indicators to suggest that this is the case so I don't know why some people are clinging to this idea.

God Of War ragnarok they gave the figures for 5 days and not 3 days, and we know it did 11 million after that so it doesn't mean anything. It's just the way Sony communicates.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They're waiting for more data and will probably save the 3-day/weekly figures for later. But that doesn't mean it did less well than other PlayStation games, there are no indicators to suggest that this is the case so I don't know why some people are clinging to this idea.

God Of War ragnarok they gave the figures for 5 days and not 3 days, and we know it did 11 million after that so it doesn't mean anything. It's just the way Sony communicates.
There is no indication for either side but one side keep saying it is a fact.
While the other side just want better data for comparisons.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You said it didn’t sell more than GoW because Sony only reported day one sales.

They reported day one sales because it sold more than any other game.

Only “ignorant fuck” (did I quote right this time?) is you.
Except I made a basic assumption that I feel it may not outsell Ragnarok IF they made a one day PR.... I used the word "IF" meaning I am leaving it open to also being wrong... What's not clicking in that empty ass brain of yours?

And yes, I am happy to see you've finally learnt how to apply quotations, congrats to you!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The only thing that counts and that we officially have is 2.5 million in 24 hours, making it PlayStation's best launch ever.

The rest is just speculation and doesn't matter.
Exactly.

So assumptions and speculations can happen without people gone mad saying it was not true but having no evidence.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Some guys are incapable of understand that.
Nobody knows it it sold more or less after the Day 1 than others titles because there is no data to compare.
But when I just made a innocent comment saying I should prefer the Day 3 sales to have a better comparison with others titles BOOM!

And of course Sony have all data... Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.
But they choose to use Day 1 to show to public.
People can speculate it was a coincidence or not... or Sony choose it because it make better headlines.
Sony will not have had the retail data for all three days at the time the release was being drafted, FYI. Takes a bit longer to get sell-through in from retailers, which I believe someone mentioned already.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony will not have had the retail data for all three days at the time the release was being drafted, FYI. Takes a bit longer to get sell-through in from retailers, which I believe someone mentioned already.
That is one good reason but still speculation because we can't prove it...

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yes, it is.

You have absolutely no ideia if Sony has only 24 hours sales data.
And more it is probably that Sony has the week data that depending of the tracker should be 2 or 3 days.
I know for a fact that not all retailers Spiderman 2 was sold at provide real time sales data to trackers (or the supplier), so Sony can either extrapolate or wait.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Same talking point the Xbox fanboys use every time a major PlayStation exclusive sells well.
When the Meta score of a PS exclusive is high, they say “mEdia BiAs”. When the game is released, they say “iNteRaCTiVe mOViEs” “WaLkiNg SiMuLaToR”. When the sales figures are released, they say “nOt ImPrESSivE bEcAuSe oF tHe InStalL bAsE”. They’re very predictable and lame.

Last edited:

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Don't forget that Spider-man x Venom MCU movie hasn't happened yet, so that's cross synergy that will sold this game even further. And I expect Insomniac to make X-men game eventually. I mean, inevitable X-men MCU movie, that's cross synergy right there lol.