Square Enix CEO Takashi Kiryu "Planning to Bring (More) Games to Xbox for Players to Enjoy"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We’ll have to wait to see what happens with Persona 6. Yakuza like a Dragon was a pretty popular

Still whatever anyone thinks of Yakuza or Persona, or the smaller niche titles, PS had a small percentage of fans loving those games. Now Yakuza is more popular than ever, alot of games are blowing up in popularity compared to what they use to be. GOW, Horizon, Uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima etc.
Sega said a year or two again that they wanted to focus more on multiplatform. This means that some IPs that in the past were exclusive no longer will be exclusive.

It has nothing to do with MS or Sony deals, means that Sega wants to make more money and doesn't need moneyhat.

PS players had Yakuza and Persona, have Yakuza and Persona and will continue having them. But maybe not exclusive. In any case, maybe sometimes some timed exclusive, some marketing deal or something like that. And same goes with the other platform holders.

And yes, Yakuza and Persona have their fans but compared to GoW, Horizon, Uncharted, TLOU, Spider-Man, Gran Turismo or Ghost of Tsushima they are smaller niche games.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Sega said a year or two again that they wanted to focus more on multiplatform. This means that some IPs that in the past were exclusive no longer will be exclusive.

It has nothing to do with MS or Sony deals, means that Sega wants to make more money and doesn't need moneyhat.

PS players had Yakuza and Persona, have Yakuza and Persona and will continue having them. But maybe not exclusive. In any case, maybe sometimes some timed exclusive, some marketing deal or something like that. And same goes with the other platform holders.

And yes, Yakuza and Persona have their fans but compared to GoW, Horizon, Uncharted, TLOU, Spider-Man, Gran Turismo or Ghost of Tsushima they are smaller niche games.
The guy doesn't remember the OG Xbox & jet set radio future 🤣

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The new goal post will be MS needs to acquire sqaure so this can never happen again. You wait.
They already did that over Bethesda saying Sony was going to have starfield exclusive which is clearly bullshit since it's such an anticipated title it would've cost a fortune & not been worth it deathloop & ghostwire were mid af & thats the only reason they got timed exclusivity

Reactions: Ezekiel
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
& hi-fi rush was so stupid of Microsoft Xbos might act like it's goty but it's a niche rhythm game with questionable humour if I was in charge of Xbox idve scrapper that shit & got them working on the evil within 3 since they could have their own exclusive franchise to rival resident evil / silent hill but they're morons so they'll continue to pump out shit & the shills will eat it

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The guy doesn't remember the OG Xbox & jet set radio future 🤣
True, I forgot it. :ROFLMAO:

Now that you mentioned, I think whatever is that leaked JSR, make sure it will be multiplatform and if it's some kind of exclusive it will be just a short timed console exclusive.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The new goal post will be MS needs to acquire sqaure so this can never happen again. You wait.

I have no doubt that video of the Xbox fan crying when Phil Spencer appeared on stage with the Square Enix management, was all about him assuming Phil was there to buy the entire company.

That is all that runs through their tiny, one lane brains these days.... acquisition, acquisition, acquisition.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
True, I forgot it. :ROFLMAO:

Now that you mentioned, I think whatever is that leaked JSR, make sure it will be multiplatform and if it's some kind of exclusive it will be just a short timed console exclusive.
It was an og Xbox exclusive & never came to anything else jet set radio , crazy taxi , sonic adventure 1 & 2 are all exclusive to Xbox since they're BC

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I have no doubt that video of the Xbox fan crying when Phil Spencer appeared on stage with the Square Enix management, was all about him assuming Phil was there to buy the entire company.

That is all that runs through their tiny, one lane brains these days.... acquisition, acquisition, acquisition.
That was hilarious absolutely losing his shit over seeing Philnocio spender

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
It was an og Xbox exclusive & never came to anything else jet set radio , crazy taxi , sonic adventure 1 & 2 are all exclusive to Xbox since they're BC
Virtua Fighter 4 was their biggest game of the era and it was PS2 exclusive
None of those games are exclusive, all of them are on PS3
Valkyria Chronicles, The countless Yakuza games, Yakuza dead Souls and Kenzan never getting xbox ports, Xbox getting no Yakuza games physically, and the countless dozens of Atlus games that skip (and will continue to skip) Xbox

for the past 2 decades now, Xbox is the absolute worst place to be if you're a Sega fan

We also have to take into account Shenmue - now a PlayStation series. No real Sega fan would ever consider Xbox

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Persona 3 and 4 remasters. Yakuza 7 had a timed Xbox upgrade, to the point that Sega was forbidden to even acknowledge any other versions for 48 hours after reveal.

Oh yeah, good shout. I don't think it's been updated since then.

P3P and P4G run at 4K/120hz on Series X and stuck at 1080p/60 on PS5 -> PS4 BC.

Nice.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
also hilarious how there's a canonical sequel to Persona 5 (P5 Strikers) that will never come to Xbox, because Koei-Tecmo is yet another Japanese company that hates Xbox.

Xbox's unpopularity in Japan will always comes back to haunt it.

Don't expect any of these Sega moneyhats/deals to last long-term. The games will start skipping xbox soon, all over again. It always happens.

When you have a toxic, hated brand in japan like Xbox, you can never guarantee any kind of support.

Sega would have never put these games on Xbox in the first place, if they didn't get a boatload of cash upfront for gamepass. Gamepass will never be the ideal way to play these games, either (digital only, no ownership) so all the real fans of these franchises hate xbox and gamepass for devaluing our games.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Oh yeah, good shout. I don't think it's been updated since then.

P3P and P4G run at 4K/120hz on Series X and stuck at 1080p/60 on PS5 -> PS4 BC.

Nice.

Just downloaded P4G off of game pass again.

Locked 120 fps.

367509360_255854429438ri3j.jpg

james franco GIF

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
4k with upscaled 720p assets... wheeee

At a flawless 120 fps, like I said, the best way to play one of the best JRPGs of all time.

Hopefully they're able to patch a native version for PS5 only gamers soon so they're not stuck with a last gen only SKU.

The PS5 patch for Yakuza 7 was out in around 6 months, doesn't look like it's a timed exclusivity deal since we've already crossed that window.