Veteran
19 Dec 2023

What he's referring to is probably this slide:

pe0QwW4.jpeg

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I know you didn't ask, but their reasoning is that by cancelling all the games nobody wants and concentrating the workforce on tentpole projects, it'll mean better quality products that will attract more potential buyers.

That's what they're saying.
I don't have a magic ball in the future to see if their current stated aim is going to materialize itself in a couple years as part of their mid-term strategy.

It worked for Capcom, will it work for Square Enix? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
did they said that those people will move to other studios? not firing?

okey, they will move on to those studios, who is to say it will add to quality? then follow up, if those devs couldn't make a small game which were shit, how adding shit devs add to more quality? would it be that they would dilute quality instead?

i know, OG questions was loaded, it was more like rhetorical, we know that quantity is counter productive quality and going multiplatform dilute quality.

Reactions: Luffy123

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
because the PC initiative is killing Sony
Again, 0 explanation how this is the case. How is the PC initiative have anything to do with Square Enix releasing HD games on all platforms? Better not participate in any discussions if this is all you can bring up.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Switch 2 is ps4 power....FF7 Remake was on PS4... it will run on switch 2, just at lower resolution and FPS.
Not only that but even if there’s no Xbox port because the next Xbox handheld will be more like PC where it’s open & can play Steam/PC games Xbox would be getting Square Enix games no matter what + PS games

Which will make Sony do 2 things continue releasing games on Steam or make them exclusive to a PS PC launcher but even then because Xbox console is more open it would be able to still play PS games even if it was exclusive to a PS PC launcher. So yuh this PC initiative has been disastrous it doesn’t make sense. The only things that make sense are live service multiplayer games but singleplayer games should never go to any other platform outside PS console if PS wants to increase profits increase output if PS wants to expand market/exposure make games in the franchise in different genre like Nintendo you have side scrolling Mario & 3d Mario or Forza Horizon & Horizok Motorsport. If PS wants to increase profit of these singleplayer games put mtx that is solely cosmetic let me play as Nathan drake or the syphon filter guy in days gone sell it for $10 he’ll if it’s fully voice acted I’d pay $20. Or decrease game budget go back to platform action base GOW or creat a 2nd team that makes GOW in the style of PS1-PS3 GOW that has a much less budget & focus on fun gameplay & creative bosses + put more 2-4 player online coop to more of your PS games. GOT with 2-4 player online coop through the campaign would be insane or 2-4 player online coop in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart would be mad fun

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Again, 0 explanation how this is the case. How is the PC initiative have anything to do with Square Enix releasing HD games on all platforms? Better not participate in any discussions if this is all you can bring up.

Square are following Capcom

and in the end Sony will follow both of them

AAA gaming is finished

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
the FUD campaign by the gaming media has done this. Its a disgrace

how can Steller Blade, Rise of Ronin, Helldivers 2 all be massively successful as Console Exclusives but FF16 and FF7 Rebirth are not
The problem is that Square Enix don't know how to sell their games any more, they've destroyed and done a lot of damage to their flagship franchises.

If you compare them with Capcom, it hurts.
is not SE, it is biased media, shills and xbot and steambot with smeating campaigns and FUD.

oh, capcom, media lovers. it is like nintendo, it doesn't matter what shit they pull off, media just ignore it. but forbid Sony or SE will do a step sideway, all hell break loose.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It’s crazy how ya’ll on here really wanted Sony to buy Square. Are ya’ll not seeing what buying major publishers is doing to MS? Lol
MS bought multiple publishers while there consumer no longer bought games on its platform also its platform & subscription has fall off of a cliff & flatline. PlayStation doesn’t has that problem. Not really a 1 to 1 comparison

Reactions: CHILEANPLAYER

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
is not SE, it is biased media, shills and xbot and steambot with smeating campaigns and FUD.

oh, capcom, media lovers. it is like nintendo, it doesn't matter what shit they pull off, media just ignore it. but forbid Sony or SE will do a step sideway, all hell break loose.

Look at the decrease in quality in Capcom games but no one is saying shit about it because it is Multiplatform

people waited 10+ years for DDogma2 and it ended up being fucking awful. But the media tried to push it as Game of the Year. This years Elden Ring until the players actually played it and realised it was crap

That is the PC gaming in a fucking nutshell. If you want high quality blockbuster titles Stay Far Away from Steam

Reactions: Gediminas

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I'm very excited to see the performance of the next Nintendo console.

I hope to see how much Nintendo will push their own software in ways it had been limited before.

As well as how the third party support for the platforms will be.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
This isn't surprising they're losing money left and right due to their leadership they currently have their mobile game FFBE War of the Visions which just had its 4th anniversary just announced they won't be doing any English audio anymore and this was one of their mobile games that turned a decent profit. The company has turned into a joke now. This just means their quality games are going to be M.S standard watered down garbage now.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Forspoken & Foamstars bombed, DQ spin-offs, Harvestella and Collection of Mana too on Switch. Their strategy is all over the place.
FF isn't doing Horizon/GoW numbers on PS to carry the publisher financials, and that's quite telling. I have been saying Square isn't attaining the new-gen for a long time with their games, it's all aging gamers. FF16 is proof; outselling Rebirth and them confirming it appeals to a younger demographic. The new gen don't give AF about the cast of 7 cause they simply lack the nostalgia. Nier Automata basically is on the sales level of 7 Remake. Despite that FF7-3 is the final one of the deal, it also probably means Sony is not signing any more titles although I would advocate Nier & Yoko Taro is worth the money.

I assume at Square they are worried how DQ12 & KH4 is going to perform, is it going to run on Switch 2 with UE5 (on a smaller userbase as well). DQ sold 2 million in the west, it's the opposite of FF.. will be interesting to see.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Square and Sony thinking releasing this shit on PC will help them gain profits??

No the only reason Sega and Capcom are doing this well is because they can churn out cheap Remakes of old games year on year or cookie cutter sequels with no change to them

the PC initiative is a fallacy for lower quality monotonised games

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony doesn’t have a 1st party rpg studio and SE filled that gap for them. I hope all the Twitter praise and Xbox podcasts praising them will make up the difference in sales.

Reactions: Puff and Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Look at the decrease in quality in Capcom games but no one is saying shit about it because it is Multiplatform

people waited 10+ years for DDogma2 and it ended up being fucking awful. But the media tried to push it as Game of the Year. This years Elden Ring until the players actually played it and realised it was crap

That is the PC gaming in a fucking nutshell. If you want high quality blockbuster titles Stay Far Away from Steam
and filled with MTX too.
overall, if that was Sony game or SE, it would be mixed with shit.
+ if the game would have been that good, we would hear no end to it on media, but DD2 disappeared from media very fast.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
FOD Campaign

why are Steller Blade Rise of Ronin Helldivers 2 successful and made profit but FF16 and FF7 Rebirth couldn't

How can it be a FUD campaign when they're one who are saying "We need to change how we operate, because it's not enough" is Square Enix themselves? Look, I get that you've got pundits and twitter warriors constantly console warring, especially when it comes to FF and Square Enix, but these guys are not worth giving your time.

The entity worth listening to is the actual publisher actually paying for the development of those games, and they're saying they need to pivot.

did they said that those people will move to other studios? not firing?

Japanese studios are extremely talent starved, they can't find enough new hires. None of them is firing people.
They're just going to move those employees into larger teams.

okey, they will move on to those studios, who is to say it will add to quality? then follow up, if those devs couldn't make a small game which were shit, how adding shit devs add to more quality? would it be that they would dilute quality instead?
Most of the lower budget games lead developers were not actually internal Square Enix projects, they were outsourced.

Harvestella: Live Wire
Various Daylife: DokiDoki Groove Works

Etc...

You can just check the wiki page from Square Enix games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_video_games and sort by most recent and look at who's doing most of the work.

They're going to reduce the amount of those projects, and the internal staff that were helping those smaller studios with some of the work will now be put to work on internal projects instead.

Reactions: Vertigo

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
The RE remakes are incredible Luffy.

Also I hope whatever happens, in the end we get great games. (And hopefully i get to play them on PlayStation)