Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EDMIX

It doesn't matter, if she's working for Santa Monica she is contributing. Game developers play each others games all the time, this is a non-issue being created by dumbfucks.

Agreed, it would be even more weird if Sony was telling its developers to never play any games outside of Sony games.

They want their developers to be inspired and see what others are doing, so I doubt Sony would ever really care, its like people are trying their best to make it an issue, but Sony has never treated employees with this "ONLY PLAY PS" idea.

I'd argue none of the publishers really do anything odd like that.

Reactions: laynelane

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
They said Starfield is their biggest launch, so all that stuff about Fallout 4's success was always a lie. They exposed themselves
Is this based off of Phil's quote that Starfield is the "most played next-gen exclusive game on Xbox"? Because I think the only other game that is next-gen exclusive on Xbox is genuinely Redfall right?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Around 1M on Steam. You should add there on top Xbox copies and the MS PC store. It could be maybe a total of 3-4M, yes. I'd say closer to 3M. 6M-7M players, being the majority of them from GP. In the long run after many years it could sell around 10M ish copies plus support GP and whatever DLC they release for it.

The game is not being sold on PlayStation and is available day one on GP, so obviously the sales will be much lower than in games like FO4. It's also a new IP, so there's a smaller fanbase behind compared to established IPs like FO.

Successful for an average AAA new IP? Yes.
Successful for giving MS a fresh, good console exclusive AAA new IP with potential for the future? Yes.
Successful as the savior of Xbox/MS first party/Bethesda? No.
Successful to put them at the Sony level in terms of GOTY winner/candidate exclusives? No.
Successful to grow GP and help it compete against PS+? No.
Successful to at least turn GP into a profitable business? No.
They already admitted 6m players, not sales. So already half of FO4's initial release numbers, and 75% of those are playing on Xbox platforms where the game is FREE. I don't care how it "could sell" in the long run because that isn't what we are talking about, nor can we predict the future.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is this based off of Phil's quote that Starfield is the "most played next-gen exclusive game on Xbox"? Because I think the only other game that is next-gen exclusive on Xbox is genuinely Redfall right?
Flight sim

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They already admitted 6m players, not sales. So already half of FO4's initial release numbers, and 75% of those are playing on Xbox platforms where the game is FREE. I don't care how it "could sell" in the long run because that isn't what we are talking about, nor can we predict the future.
This is what I said

Reactions: Nimrota

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No, from :

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Around 1M on Steam. You should add there on top Xbox copies and the MS PC store. It could be maybe a total of 3-4M, yes. I'd say closer to 3M. 6M-7M players, being the majority of them from GP. In the long run after many years it could sell around 10M ish copies plus support GP and whatever DLC they release for it.

The game is not being sold on PlayStation and is available day one on GP, so obviously the sales will be much lower than in games like FO4. It's also a new IP, so there's a smaller fanbase behind compared to established IPs like FO.

Successful for an average AAA new IP? Yes.
Successful for giving MS a fresh, good console exclusive AAA new IP with potential for the future? Yes.
Successful as the savior of Xbox/MS first party/Bethesda? No.
Successful to put them at the Sony level in terms of GOTY winner/candidate exclusives? No.
Successful to grow GP and help it compete against PS+? No.
Successful to at least turn GP into a profitable business? No.

Great post.

Crazy to think how quickly the metrics of success changed with this game after the reviews started coming in.

6 million players. The majority on Gamepass is now proof this game has met expectations and the hype surrounding it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
6 million players , some idiots truly believed that fake estimate that said 20m 😂😂 6M seems fine until you realize >80% of them played it on a cheap subscription service. FF16 generated more revenue with half the "players"

Imagine 6 million players…
$100 million revenue.

😂

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
6 million players. The majority on Gamepass is now proof this game has met expectations and the hype surrounding it.
How is 6 millions players in 8 days proof of anything? It's barely more than Forza Horizon 5.

Many tentpoles games match or surpass that number on sales alone. Just in the last year or two we have ER, Ragnarok, BG3, Hogwarts and TOTK.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
No, from :

Fallout 4 shipped 12 million copies on launch so technically Starfield is not the biggest Bethesda launch of all time. Google search would do Phil Spencer some good, just saying. More importantly, we've seen this story before with Xbox. Remember when they touted Halo Infinite having 20 million players at launch? Well, how did that story end? How many players Starfield can retain while competing with Baldur's Gate 3 and Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty will really determine how well the game will do when it's said and done. And how well it sales but we all know Xbox might keep that close to their chest. Lol.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
How is 6 millions players in 8 days proof of anything? It's barely more than Forza Horizon 5.

Many tentpoles games match or surpass that number on sales alone. Just in the last year or two we have ER, Ragnarok, BG3, Hogwarts and TOTK.

Exactly that was my point.

From GOTG and the saviour of Xbox to 6 million players (Majority on GP) is proof this game is a success.

A game which was meant to push gamers elsewhere to get an Xbox.

The game didn’t meet the hype and expectations but that hasn’t stopped Microsoft and its fanboys from trying to push the narrative that this game is a success.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
That Metro score is an absolute fabrication. The only Metro, Metro UK, said the most they'd score it is a 3/5 (6/10).

Xbox fanboy from neogaf posing as ps fans harassing alanah pearce on behalf of playstation fans

Cant get any lower than this pathetic scum black campaign

Only pathetic disgruntled green rats would do something wicked like this

Last edited: