Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
1694184714-image.png
evil laugh gremlins GIF

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
So.
Starfield has not surpassed Baldur's gate on Steam yet. So much for the game of the generation huh?
I wish we had hard numbers on BG3 players on console and Starfield players on PC Gamepass, Xbox Gamepass, PC Xbox app sales and Xbox console sales.

24 Jun 2022

Wow, wasn't expecting it to drop again, it could dip to an 84 before everything's said and done.

That user score is a bigger story though. Yes, it's MC so review-bombing is a thing, but on Steam it's "just" 76%, and will likely drop further there. AFAIK, review-bombing isn't that big a thing on Steam unless it's a highly controversial release or change and then the review-bombers turn out to be idiots (most of the time).

What I would like to see is them removing all the 10/10 scores and 0 scores and see where the final score falls.

The crazy thing is I am seeing alot of sites coming out with "Starfield is being review bombed" in which they only mention the low scores but not the hundreds of 10 scores that are inflating the overall score too.

Especially when a lot of those 10/10s are from sites with Xbox in their name. Like "Xbox Addict"...how TF do you expect them to have an impartial review when their name implies they're addicted to anything Xbox?

It's the worst manifestation of the Nintendo Power, Sega Vision, and Official PlayStation Magazine stuff from back in the '90s when you know those magazines would score 1P games with a higher bias. But at least there was no MetaCritic back then, and most people went to the multiplat magazines like EGM, GamePro, GameFan etc. for their reviews.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So.
Starfield has not surpassed Baldur's gate on Steam yet. So much for the game of the generation huh?
I wish we had hard numbers on BG3 players on console and Starfield players on PC Gamepass, Xbox Gamepass, PC Xbox app sales and Xbox console sales.
It's friday so it's supposed to climb but it's climbing very slowly. BG3 still has 100k more CCU a month after release.

The target to beat is 287k from Skyrim...12 years ago. It's only at 235k 😬

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I think I'm giving up on exploration and just sticking to quests. All planets feel the same. Other than that, it's fun so far.
I'm really enjoying it as well. Haven't gotten tired of the exploration yet though. I'm joining a lot of factions and things are really getting interesting the way Bethsoft always hooks you. With the latest DLSS3 mod on Nexus site, I'm getting a locked 60FPS now everywhere in the game (including New Atlantis).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Its odd how confident everyone was Starfield was gonna have a higher CCU on steam than not only Baldur’s Gate 3 but Cyberpunk at over 1 million and now everyone is pivoting to “well of course it wouldn’t, gamepass”
Same for the "new IP" narrative. The reviews and CCU are good for a "new IP".

Like... they knew it was a "new IP" when they made those predictions so what changed? They are gaslighting us. I never used that word but I think that's what it means.

Lots of gas going around.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Like... they knew it was a "new IP" when they made those predictions so what changed? They are gaslighting us. I never used that word but I think that's what it means.

The way people spoke about the game in June versus the way they speak about it now is like a complete 180. I assume by the time spider-man previews come out, MK1 and Cyberpunk starts getting more press that the world will have moved on from this game.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Xbox clowns are professionals when it comes to gaslighting…. The last 3 years all they would talk about was power, and then Starfield 30fps announcement comes out and they suddenly act like power and frames never meant anything to them….

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Xbox fans will just move goal post.
First was meta...
After it was the CCU...
Now it is "new IP"...
Go on...

Every time something got debunked they will start a new one.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023