Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Spider-man 2 will no doubt outsell Starfield even on just one platform of around 40 million.

I expect it will sell 1-2 million in Spiderman 2 console bundles alone by the time it launches.

Can it beat GOWR records? 5.1 million in 3 days?

Most probably.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Last day of posting news regularly on iconera
I really appreciate all the posting that you have done on this site,
A massive thank you for all of it.

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Last day of posting news regularly on iconera and playing this game, clocked in around 100 hours

Spent most of my time gathering resources and managing my ADHD with the infinite chest at the constellation headquarters, it's time for Bethesda to make a better inventory system management in their games. It's so weird they still relocate basic mechanics like weight carrying to skill unlocking, and inventory management was a huge issue in this game.

Most of the systems in the game are overcomplicated at first, specially ship building, i never got the hang of it, but at least managed to make some ships. The procedural generation is nearly compeltely pointless other than loot farming and for 100% completion maniacs, as it only waste player's time with repeated envrioments.

Still stand by my initial Pre Release criticism, game starts super slow and gets better the more you play it, but there are many issues hard to ignore that makes the game feel super dated, really interesting NG+ but it's no game changer,

Hopefully the expansions will address these issues. Increasing my personal score to 7.5/10.0 because Sarah is horny.

It surely will be a better game.
so what will you do now? any games on your radar after this?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I really appreciate all the posting that you have done on this site,
A massive thank you for all of it.

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

No problemo, compadre

so what will you do now? any games on your radar after this?

I will still mess around with the game it's just not worth hundreds of hours like Skyrim, but i will be back to Baldur's Gate and Armored Core as i didnt finish those yet.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
This is what people forget. Even if Starfield now beats Skyrim, it is such a far fall from the hype and expectations. It's underperforming compared to how BGS should have grown, and it's not even 1/4 of what Starfield was expected to be. To quote from the funny Forbes article which was holding the line before release:

Obviously underperformed all these games. 6m players for Starfield on "launch" (early access existed) meanwhile ToTK sold 10m in 3 days. At the end of the day the BGS shills retreated to the Starfield baseline of "it's just another Bethesda RPG bro." Indeed, no massive victory here, just another feather in the cap.

Some people really are in their own bubble - bigger than Spider-man and Zelda? Who the hell thought that besides the usual suspects (extreme fanboys and the shills who tell them what they want to hear)? It reminds me of a certain person on here who wanted to argue Starfield's impending overwhelming success but refused to take into account their most recent release at the time - Fallout 76. The only people who thought Starfield was going to be GoTG had to be willfully ignoring everything we know of not only Bethesda, but MS too.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Some people really are in their own bubble - bigger than Spider-man and Zelda? Who the hell thought that besides the usual suspects (extreme fanboys and the shills who tell them what they want to hear)? It reminds me of a certain person on here who wanted to argue Starfield's impending overwhelming success but refused to take into account their most recent release at the time - Fallout 76. The only people who thought Starfield was going to be GoTG had to be willfully be ignoring everything we know of not only Bethesda, but MS too.
I mean Todd Howard himself compared Starfield to Zelda.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I missed that but it's not surprising coming from a known liar and bullshitter like him. He's also a bit on the arrogant side - eg. telling PC gamers that their computers are the problem, not his poorly optimized game. So, I can definitely see him making such a comparison.
He said Xbox = Starfield, the same way Zelda = Nintendo

Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom – is the comparison apt when Nintendo didn’t spend nearly $6 billion to make Zelda an exclusive?

He made the interview while sitting on Phil's D 🤡

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

"I do also think people attach brands to certain games. When you think of Zelda you think of the Switch and I think there are times when that can be a real benefit," the Starfield director concluded. It's clear that Howard views Starfield specifically as an Xbox-linked game, synonymous with both of Microsoft's new-gen consoles, as well as PC.

This statement hasn't aged well, has it? Considering where we're at with Starfield's release. Although the idea that a game released for two console SKUs and PC is somehow comparable to Zelda and Switch is a big reach in the first place. Also, not surprised he really put forth the idea that Starfield would be comparable in any way to Zelda. The man is such a bullshitter.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
This statement hasn't aged well, has it? Considering where we're at with Starfield's release. Although the idea that a game released for two console SKUs and PC is somehow comparable to Zelda and Switch is a big reach in the first place. Also, not surprised he really put forth the idea that Starfield would be comparable in any way to Zelda. The man is such a bullshitter.
Starfield is a massive failure, Xbox is a massive failure, I can see the logic in saying the go hand in hand.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Starfield is a massive failure, Xbox is a massive failure, I can see the logic in saying the go hand in hand.

There's also the issue of over-promising and under-delivering, ie. outright lying to fans and customers. Phil and Todd/Bethesda are a match made in heaven hell there too. I was recently thinking of what would have happened if this game had been a timed exclusive for Sony (given we now know Bethesda was looking for such exclusivity before being acquired). I can't see Sony execs going along with the massive astroturfing, lying, and all the other bs surrounding this game. In that sense, Bethesda and MS fit well together.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
The Starfield Sony moneyhat has always been a FUD.

Sony know their userbase don't really like RPGs like this, not to mention Bethesda track record. Would be a mess .

24 Jun 2022

So since Halo is effectively dead and Xbox "lost its way" due to that (Phil Spencer's own words, in a way), Starfield is now their new Halo?

They better not screw Starfield up as time goes on, that's all I gotta say on that note.