Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
3/5
Beautiful!

They reviewed it on Xbox so it might drop to 84 lol

kim kardashian GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
but it clearly is. maybe not in the way some people where hoping tho.
it's way more controversial that's for sure.

The game doesn't deserve a 70% on steam. that's down to bethesda being lazy fucks and todd being todd with the pc version. I expect eventually the bethesda diehards will remain and push that back up to ~80%.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
it's way more controversial that's for sure.

The game doesn't deserve a 70% on steam. that's down to bethesda being lazy fucks and todd being todd with the pc version. I expect eventually the bethesda diehards will remain and push that back up to ~80%.
Don't worry, once it hits that lowest of lows, screenshot it and spread the word far and wide. Kill any chance of positive WOM being this game's saving grace. They deserve it for trying to rig the reviews.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'm about 20 hours in and yeah, it's nowhere near something like Skyrim.

Last month I played Skyrim for the first time on Series X. Had no issues with graphics or performance. The game was simply fun. I've put close to 100 hours in it and only got tired in the last 5 or so, because I spent a lot of time building my houses.

Compared to Skyrim, I feel I have no freedom with Starfield. There's nothing to discover here. Just another outpost with pirates and crap loot.

Side quests are atrocious because of all the menuing. Let me compare 2 of the same quests in Skyrim and Starfield.

Skyrim:
- Enter town,(depending on size can have load screen) talk to NPC, get quest.
- Open map select where to go.(load screen) Either directly at the objective or a little ways off.
- Walk to the objective, talk to person, get item.
- Open map, fast travel back,(load screen) talk to NPC.
- End quest

Starfield:
- Enter town on ship from orbit. Press X to select landing point. Hold square to land. Landing animation plays. Hold Square to exit ship (loading screen)
- Run to a train transport (loading screen)
- Run through a huge empty city to get somewhere, usually with another loading screen
- Get quest
- Run to train, go to space port (load screen)
- Run to ship, hold aquare to enter cockpit (load screen)
- Hold triangle to take off (animation plays)
- Press start, select system, press X to select landing spot, hold square to land (animation and load screen)
- Hold Square to exit cockpit (load screen)
- Talk to NPC, get item and then repeat everything in reverse.

It just takes ages to do anything.

I gave up on exploration because it comes down to landing on a planet, seeing a structure 500 meters away and running to it, only to find the same outpost you've seen a million times.

Faction quest are better. Better stories and better "set pieces" if you can call them that. Still, a lot of them come down to running around a place, talking to people to get clues on how to break in somewhere.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I gave up on exploration because it comes down to landing on a planet, seeing a structure 500 meters away and running to it, only to find the same outpost you've seen a million times.
This is so true.

I've been doing a lot of exploration and side content, so yesterday I was impressed that TWO story missions took part in places I've been to before in other planets. It's insane how they had the balls to reuse story content locations in whatever their random generator thing does. One would have thought that main mission content would have bespoke locations, but no, they are part of the overall pool of locations that randomly pop up everywhere.

It really detracts from the overall experience.

Reactions: Johnic and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
  • Fallout New Vegas : 95.24%
  • Skyrim : 93.88%
  • Oblivion : 93.77%
  • Morrowind : 93.14%
  • Fallout 4 : 81.85%
  • Starfield 72.53%
  • Fallout 76 : 71.73%

Almost mixed, almost FO76.
The highest rated Bethesda IP isn’t even made by Bethesda themselves 😂

And doing barely better than FO76 is crazy to see

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems that the Starfield release pushed No Man's Sky:

• Fallout New Vegas : 95.24%
  • Skyrim : 93.88%
  • Oblivion : 93.77%
  • Morrowind : 93.14%
  • Fallout 4 : 81.85%
  • Starfield 72.53%
  • Fallout 76 : 71.73%

Almost mixed, almost FO76.
72.53% and Microsoft bought them for $7.5B.

Jimbo got a (pretty likely console timed) exclusive for Goodbye Volcano High, which got released the same week and got a 84.36%, better than Fallout 4. :LOL:

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If Larian had to use the S as a baseline, it's possible BG3 would not have split screen in the first place. You're right that we can't know the limitations without people speaking up, but we have heard that the S can limit the scope and features of games. That has been said by developers. Whether it's true or not, and will impact XBox games in the future, remains to be seen.
It’s obvious just from the spec difference compared to the Series X and PS5 that the Series Shit is SEVERELY limited.

Lower processing power and smaller, split RAM pools will kneecap any developer’s efforts, as you simply can’t do as much in a clock cycle on the S as you can on the real consoles.