Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Starfield is 1st party. 1st Party sites, reviews, and Just like the old magazines will always give more favourable reviews. Even without the shilling lol.

FF16 hate so much FUD and hate before it was released. It will be pretty hilarious that after all the efforts and 8 billion spent on Bethesda, that Starfield doesnt review much higher than FF16.
🏃🥅🏃

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Buy the game and find out.
Ive got game pass through 2025. I don't need to buy the game thankfully. :p

See, the difference here is that I am a fan of games. Not platforms. Not brands. I like products that are good, no matter what label is on them. So I don't care where a game is coming from. That's why when I say I think FFXVI was not good, or that Halo was not good, I'm just giving my opinion as someone who has been gaming since he was 5 or so.

There are way too many people who are desirous for a game to do well because of the platform it is on. I don't care about any of that. From your posts you seem to be one of those "wants Xbox to do well" types. When I couldn't care less. About Xbox, Playstation, OR Nintendo, as a brand.

It's a good place to be. :)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im not that bothered to move goal posts lol. My hate for MS is pretty honest and Ive been honest about this game. I would buy it if it was on PS, Switch or if my PC could run it, if it was not owned by MS. Even with scores and how gameplay looks. I enjoy WRPG like this, if its like Skyrim with the factions and side missions etc, Id be interested.

As for 1st party games getting better reviews on 1st party named sites, Its like when Nintendo, PS or Sega magazines would review a 1st party game. You know the 9/10 or 10/10 meant nothing. Maybe FF16 got some of the same treatment on PS centric sites, I didnt look

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Im seeing IGN's score hasnt been added to the metacritic pool yet? What is going on over there?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
No, not really. a 88/87 is a VERY respectable result.

It just isn't at the level of "game of a generation" as some hoped for. Some fans wanted a "The Last of Us" quality game, and hoped for that kind of result. Well, they didn't get it.
I agree it's a respectable result in general, but not for the expectations Starfield had.
This was supposed to be the second coming, TOTK, TLOU moment for BGS and Xbox and... it didn't happen.
This was never going to be nothing more than your run of the mill fallout in space, the game is a victim of its own hype.
I blame the xbots.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
87 is a great score. I still think this game is what MS needs, it didn't fall short. Its a AAA game that's very popular and got great reviews. Now they should think about how they achieve this once or twice a year.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I dont think microsoft will ever have presence as a major single player game publisher.

I dont really think they need to but not having a major breakout hit will keep them safely in the multiplayer lane

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I dont think microsoft will ever have presence as a major single player game publisher.

I dont really think they need to but not having a major breakout hit will keep them safely in the multiplayer lane

Xbox really doesn’t have succesful multiplayer games either. Halo is dead and buried. Sea of Thieves is at the very bottom of the GaaS barrel with Fallout 76. Not until they close with ABK.

They’re succesful at none of the above… only Forza Horizon has stayed relevant.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
87 i-is a great score. Totally expected

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
They really put a screensaver of a planet in the background of a small box you can move around in and called it space exploration

Reactions: Would_you_kindly