Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 223

The problem is that the game was overhyped, i was ready to buy the Premium Edition, now im super disappointed.

I think i will just get the standard edition now
You buying the game and playing it is all that matters. Sometimes you gotta check for yourself and not let the war and chaos dictate what's good or not. Personally I would go Gamepass trial when talking about $70 and a Bethesda RPG proper - the previous duds truly demand caution. I've more faith and trust in IdSoftware games when it comes to Zenimax as far as full buys are concerned.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think they're mostly just making fun of the Xbox fanboys that hyped this up as a supergame that would obliterate PlayStation into irrelevancy rather than just a solid title.
Is it even a "solid title"? Some of the reviews are stating some pretty bad issues IMO. Performance, gameplay issues, bugs, it's boring (remember when that dev said last year they were working to "find the fun?").

You play games to have fun. Is this actually fun?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I may be risking sounding like a major asshole here, but I have to say it: I'm very, very happy that this game is reviewing like it did. Why? Not because me, as a gamer, have anything to gain from it, nor because I take any particular enjoyment in seeing a game fail or be received by less than expected scores, but because of how this makes the Xbox fandom feel.

These people have, for years, worked overtime to destroy a hobby many of us hold dear. They have fought for the consolidation of the industry under a company that is incapable of releasing a single successful IP, and has to acquire its way to above mediocre products, removing them from the competition. They do not give two single fucks about games, about gaming as a whole, about quality - instead, they care about petty console wars and how their plastic box and the company that builds it manages to outmu$cle the competition, taking games from other gamers, with Starfield being one such example.

These scores make me happy because they piss off a fandom that behaves like a hive mind, a personality cult to a faltering idol that is as incompetent as they come. While most blue fans are capable of criticising the platform leader, sometimes to extreme levels, these people look into their leader as the uncontested champion and saviour of gaming.

Circling back to my first paragraph, I have nothing to gain from these scores. I stand to enjoy the game no more and no less than I would before. My copy of Starfield remains pre-loaded in my computer, and I will be playing it starting from the 6th.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The scores are dropping like caca.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

This is why Jim Ryan announced a PS Plus price increased the same day. He knew that shit was stank. He should increase it higher 🤣
I may be risking sounding like a major asshole here, but I have to say it: I'm very, very happy that this game is reviewing like it did. Why? Not because me, as a gamer, have anything to gain from it, nor because I take any particular enjoyment in seeing a game fail or be received by less than expected scores, but because of how this makes the Xbox fandom feel.

These people have, for years, worked overtime to destroy a hobby many of us hold dear. They have fought for the consolidation of the industry under a company that is incapable of releasing a single successful IP, and has to acquire its way to above mediocre products, removing them from the competition. They do not give two single fucks about games, about gaming as a whole, about quality - instead, they care about petty console wars and how their plastic box and the company that builds it manages to outmu$cle the competition, taking games from other gamers, with Starfield being one such example.

These scores make me happy because they piss off a fandom that behaves like a hive mind, a personality cult to a faltering idol that is as incompetent as they come. While most blue fans are capable of criticising the platform leader, sometimes to extreme levels, these people look into their leader as the uncontested champion and saviour of gaming.

Circling back to my first paragraph, I have nothing to gain from these scores. I stand to enjoy the game no more and no less than I would before. My copy of Starfield remains pre-loaded in my computer, and I will be playing it starting from the 6th.
well done good job GIF by America's Got Talent

Exactly! It's not really about the game. This year they totally destroyed FF16. Last year it was Horizon. They called it mid trash and in the end they will BOTH have a better metascore than Turdfield.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
High 80s is a very respectable score, pointing to the game being good.
Put it another way, based on the consensus descriptions of the game, Armored Core 6 is now a higher priority to play than Starfield. And the truth is I'll prob still be playing Baldurs Gate.

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Founder
16 Jun 2022
So it flopped 🤣
No, not really. a 88/87 is a VERY respectable result.

It just isn't at the level of "game of a generation" as some hoped for. Some fans wanted a "The Last of Us" quality game, and hoped for that kind of result. Well, they didn't get it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters