Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
God of War, Horizon and Spider-man are selling 20M+ copies.
Yes, they are as beloved as Nintendo first parties.
Thyve sold more than most Nintendo first party on switch. I looked at the top 30 or so and GOW, Horizon sold better than 23 out of the top 30 switch selling games so 7 games only sold more. Not too shabby for a system not relegated to just being a first party machine :)

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
I'm buying the game, but my dissapointment is immesurable. The way Microsoft was hyping this game was just as the same as CDPR was hyping Cyberpunk 2077, like it was supposed to be The Last of Us or Resident Evil 4 of this generation.

Spider-Man 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Ghost of Tsushima, Psychonauts 2, all these games were released under player's expectations. Starfield wasn't.

I'm buying knowing i will enjoy it because im a betheda's bitch, but holy shit i was expecting Starfield to at least on par with ToTK and BG3.
If you like Bethesda games you will like Starfield. That's pretty much what the reviews say. Its good but not great. I still can't wait to play. only a hour left!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Fuck all that bs. My goto review site and they keep it 100% with all the games I've played and Thyve reviewed. Look out for Easy Allies review.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If the games present the same, have the same combat, and the gameplay is largely unchanged then what do you want to me say about it?

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Do you say the same for Pokemon, Mario, Soul games etc.

We are talking sequels here. On what planet do you change a working formula for a sequel?

Sony has a working formula for most their games. Unless it is becoming stale there is no need to change it.

Just like Nintendo.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Isn't that the opposite of what BGS RPGs are about? LMAO. People talk bout spending hours exploring and not even touching the main quest yet with Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Folks point to this as one of the big appeals of BGS RPGs. Now with Starfield it's "oh no, mainlining the main quest is the best way to play." FOH with these bots. Funny they are. :ROFLMAO:
It I the opposite of what most if not all gamers play games… yes.

But the mental gymnastics is working… a lot of Xbots is saying the same.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
nope. Even when those scores come in, the reviews will still hover in the 80s. Starfield is a good game according to the "journalists". I can't wait to play it at 8pm US time! Time for the gamers to get their hands on it and see what they think
I don't care what the journalists or others think, I can use my own two eyes. Game looks last gen, doesn't have core features, key game systems are smoke and mirrors (Bethesda classic), so a review score means very little. IGN gave Deathloop a 10, yeah, right.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
This is false, and you are a fucking troll in the search of a ban
OK. What is false about the game. I have the game. I haven't loaded it in years. If they changed the game over the years by adding to it, then I can see my statement being in error. But don't just come in raising the guns because I made a factual comment based on the original release of the game.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
I don't care what the journalists or others think, I can use my own two eyes. Game looks last gen, doesn't have core features, key game systems are smoke and mirrors (Bethesda classic), so a review score means very little. IGN gave Deathloop a 10, yeah, right.
thats cool. Gaming journalists don't determine if i like a game or not. Game looks fun to me, If you enjoy Bethesda games you will like this one.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
OK. What is false about the game. I have the game. I haven't loaded it in years. If they changed the game over the years by adding to it, then I can see my statement being in error. But don't just come in raising the guns because I made a factual comment based on the original release of the game.
Are you a joke accoint? Try nms now, its another whole game

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Sorry but that's cap. Returnal is a great game, Demons Souls was great, R&C was great, GT7 was pretty good and excellent in VR. I do think God of War Ragnarok is a little overrated but then again that might be my personal bias. But in no way is it or HFW "mediocre".
No.. they really weren't great. Returnal wasn't a great game by any stretch and definitely didn't get high review scores. Demon Souls is a remake. R&C is also a sequel and GT7 is also yet again --- a sequel. The games you mention offer nothing new to the table while Starfield does. We're talking about original IPs here.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Nah, you're pretty much right about NMS imo

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Its not about being a "decent game" or not, its not about "being bgs game" or not, this game was lauded as the game of generation, and i was build in false promises and lies, as usual. With todd

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Are you a joke accoint? Try nms now, its another whole game
I will do.. installing now. However, my comment was accurate when the game came out. That's not a lie at all. That game is 7 freaking years old. Who still plays a 7yr old game? Will you give Starfield props after 7yrs from today and it is "transformed" due to mods? I highly doubt it.

• haha