Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I never said i was a software expert. The only things i said was that creation engine 2 is vastly improved from creation engine 2, according to the acually devs that work on that engine. And thats its a modern engine according to Bethesda. Nothing i said is incorrect. Unless you're claiming to have more knowledge on the creation engine then the actually devs?

Studios tend to rename engines with updates to it. Slipspace was still Blam at its core. It’s just that 343 is trash.

And there’s nothing wrong with it but it’s kinda obvious Bethesda doesn’t put in the time to clean it up as they should. A new engine doesn’t mean what people assume it does nor is something like UE5 some industrywide panacea either; it’s more than likely just a resource hog.

It wouldn’t surprise me if TotK still uses The Wind Waker engine for instance.

I don’t have an issue with Creation Engine and I recognize BGS games to do a lot of things most games don’t bother to and that’s part of the magic to their games… but with how bugs always reappear game after game shows they don’t do the work they should cleaning it up.

Those early rumors were clearly true. About why land vehicles were cut and why space flight was giving them issues… Unfortunate.

Betting that Phil Spencer forced Todd to release it no matter what. Sad to see

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
D

Deleted member 223

Betting that Phil Spencer forced Todd to release it no matter what. Sad to see
Series sales are declining YoY while in its prime... heading for the holidays with a Sony that has a big ace in Spideman while Nintendo has what looks like the best 2D Mario game they've ever created.

No choice. And Xbox will get creamed anyway. At least MS/Bethesda were smart to give themselves the month of September and avoid October all together. Trying to gasp for air while Spider-man marketing goes full swing... on top of 100 million+ consumers hungry for everyone's favorite plumber ain't a good idea.

They gonna try to ride whatever this is for as much as they can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I never said i was a software expert. The only things i said was that creation engine 2 is vastly improved from creation engine , according to the acually devs that work on that engine. And thats its a modern engine according to Bethesda. Nothing i said is incorrect. Unless you're claiming to have more knowledge on the creation engine then the actually devs?

Then there's no point in having this conversation since you don't actually understand any of the fundamentals.

And I believe them when they say it's vastly improved - That does not go against anything I said. I do disagree when they say it's a modern engine. If it were, it wouldn't bring modern PCs to their knees while not providing any groundbreaking mechanics, nor it would be cell-based around a POI and require a loading screen every time you move anywhere. That's not a modern engine, that's the characteristic of an engine that is incapable of proper modern data streaming methods and instead relies on loading a full cell in RAM / VRAM with minimal outbound and inbound data streaming.

Just look at VRAM occupancy barely budges when you're... anywhere, pretty much [18:50 and beyond]

Compared to a proper modern game, where VRAM occupancy is constantly changing [17:47 and beyond]

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Studios tend to rename engines with updates to it. Slipspace was still Blam at its core. It’s just that 343 is trash.

Correct

And there’s nothing wrong with it but it’s kinda obvious Bethesda doesn’t put in the time to clean it up as they should. A new engine doesn’t mean what people assume it does nor is something like UE5 some industrywide panacea either; it’s more than likely just a resource hog.

There's no point in cleaning it up though, for their needs, the engine is just too bloody old and with tacked on features. They need to figure out what makes their engine ticket based on their needs and re-write it from scratch. They can keep the baseline functionality, of course, but how all systems integrate needs to be completely re-written and re-imagined. This is pretty much what happened with UE4, and why that engine took a long time to be released. The time for Bethesda to do this is now so that Starfield 2 can take advantage of it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if TotK still uses The Wind Waker engine for instance.

It's not

I don’t have an issue with Creation Engine and I recognize BGS games to do a lot of things most games don’t bother to and that’s part of the magic to their games… but with how bugs always reappear game after game shows they don’t do the work they should cleaning it up.

Those bugs only exist because the CE is garbage. The magic comes from parts of that engine, which I pointed out before, and that can be re-written for a new engine. Call it CE3 for all I care, naming doesn't matter.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Xbox Game Studios
Hyr6Sls.gif

Playstation Studios
Hy6rnbp.gif

Hy6rzXI.gif

Not really a fair comparsion because Horizon has an entire swimming mechanic build around,

But the water in Starfield looks very ugly.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Even people who hated souls-like games loved Elden Ring, that tells me more than i need to know.

Ny2Vgbv.jpg

TNy5Lvs.jpg

vLg9oxl.jpg

Wi8G4UB.jpg

Graphics are definitely competitive with anything released this generation so far (i.e. there is no PS3/PS4 level of graphics here). But that's on the PC with MAX settings at 4k/60FPS. I'm not using any VRR or FSR2.0.

Enemies also aren't as dumb as people are saying.. I almost died with the encounter. And no, I'm not a bad player.. LOL

Textures in Bethesda Games are usually very high quality,

But human models leave a lot to be desired.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I thinking about downloading the quacked version to test but nah.

I only got 6800, probably gonna get smoked at 1440p

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ny2Vgbv.jpg

TNy5Lvs.jpg

vLg9oxl.jpg

Wi8G4UB.jpg

Graphics are definitely competitive with anything released this generation so far (i.e. there is no PS3/PS4 level of graphics here). But that's on the PC with MAX settings at 4k/60FPS. I'm not using any VRR or FSR2.0.

Enemies also aren't as dumb as people are saying.. I almost died with the encounter. And no, I'm not a bad player.. LOL
These type of posts was what I was referring to...

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Ny2Vgbv.jpg

TNy5Lvs.jpg

vLg9oxl.jpg

Wi8G4UB.jpg

These type of posts was what I was referring to...

Did you seriously fake the Rivertune?

75%, so you must have shit CPU then the frametime gonna be attrocious.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I’m way too tired to go into it right now but this game is like a 5 right now.

Old fashioned. Technically outdated. Extremely derivative. It’s not good.

Maybe it will change …
How deep are you in and i mean that in hours played.

Shut it @TubzGaming ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TubzGaming

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Microsoft and Bethesda have done everything to ensure that doesn’t happen.

A couple of 3/5 scores and it would be sub 90.

Thats why Eurogamer, Metro, Dexerto weren’t given early review codes.

Won’t make a difference because it will lower anyway after a couple of weeks.
I won.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Downgrading to the Standard Edition, game is great but not Red Dead 2, Elden Ring, Breath of The Wild levels of greatness for the $99 price point, Todd and Bethesda made it looks like it was going to be the new Skyrim but it just isn't on the same level, it also doesn't help that reviewers didnt had to pay for it, there is a reason why Skyri mwas re-released on every single platform.

The game is good, but about the same level of quality as FFXVI, Armored Core, great games but nothing groundbreaking. it's basically Fallout 4 in space which was what i was expecting, but the travel between planets and exploration is much more limited than what they advertised, even knowing there wouldn't be seamless exploration,

I could bet some stocks that once the game is released out of Early Access the reactions will extremely polarizing and the Metacritic score will drop even more (maybe to 79/80)

TESVI might be in serious issues, Bethesda really needs a new engine. There's no way they did not consider seamless transition and vehicles in development, something must have happend during the budgetary and technology assement process.

I'm 100% positive the game quality will skyrocket with updates and expansions, but it's not worth the price for the hype it got.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yup.. and I agree with you there. But let's not act like the PS fans don't do the same thing. Every single exclusive has been mediocre so far this generation and nothing but sequels/remasters. I'm really hoping that ND will buck that trend with their new IP.
Medicore is your opinion, one the vast majority in the community would disagree with, myself included.