Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If PC gamers ding it on Steam there goes the potential for millions of sales. It could basically become a gamepass title only.
They are commenting on its shallowness and performance issues. A few have refunded at least going by the Starfield steam page I just left.

Also a few ppl upset that after you create your character it asks you for your "pro-nouns" 😂😂😂💅

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Xbox Game Studios
Hyr6Sls.gif

Playstation Studios
Hy6rnbp.gif

Hy6rzXI.gif
That water in Horizon....
Ralph Wiggum Trance GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Puff

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
How's building stuff? Really like that so hope I can spend a lot of time with that. Can you build both ships and outposts and how extensive would you say it is, as in can you add decorations and stuff or is it just pick a room and crate it?

It's similar to Fallout 4, but more expanded. You pick materials and build with it.

• fire
Reactions: Johnic

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Spent 10h with the game. It is bad guys. I'll copy a few comments I've mad to friends since that's a better summary than rewriting:

The space combat is terrible, the procgen elements weak, the increase in scope hasn't brought anything new to the table (I said this about Elden Ring too, not a Bethesda specific complaint) and has diluated their core gameplay loop. This game won't satisfy anyone in the long term except perhaps the most casual gamer. The space and exploration elements are weak and done better elsewhere, and the BGS elements are done better in their other core games, each side is tearing at the other and it undermines the whole experience. PC performance is attrocious (no reviewers mentioned this) and there are a lot of bugs, just not game breaking bugs (reviewers were wrong about this also) so the game is in a weird spot where it is both defended for not being as bad as reviewers said, while also being worse than reviewers said. I played 10h today. I went into it with an open mind, if you liked it I'm glad, but there are many objective gameplay elements (such as the endless loading screens and as Todd described it "schizophrenic" nature of gameplay) which make it very unsatisfying so far. I quit the game for the first time today and my first thought was "I should reinstall Cyberpunk."

Get on GMG with the Sept17 Discount Code, you will pay $58 for the standard version game.

Wait for Christimas for a discount on the Premium Upgrade, they will most certanly do it,

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I enjoyed it until I got to new atlantis, truthfully, the game is way better than Fallout 4.
BUT, it's also more broken, it won't stop crashing. at all.
The workaround of turning FSR off worked quite well until I got to New Atlantis, no matter what I do, what Settings I use, the game crashes. It's unreal how poorly optimized this game is.

I heard from a couple other people that the issue is timings for specifically DDR4 memory? What are you running? 3200mhz Cas Latency:?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
😂😂 Love it! Omg thts so corny you can't get closer. Let me guess, the excuse is that in real life you'll just burn up, we'll they should have at least put an animation where your ship literally catches on fire
No, the bots came up with was that in real life it takes 3 days to travel to the moon, so you'd be there all day pressing to approach a planet or moon.

Ignoring that the game allows you to travel between solar systems in what is essentially a blink of an eye... including within the game's internal clock.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Whoa appreciate your feed back. So night and day from Twitter where I'm bombarded with Microsoft fan reviews like "omg I haven't had so much fun before doing space combat but it's difficult" to "oh man the tiles and the loading aren't that bad". I'm glad you gave your honest opinion, thanks.
if they were actually having all the fun they were claiming they'd be playing the game instead of playing twitter warrior

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
87 is a great score. I still think this game is what MS needs, it didn't fall short. Its a AAA game that's very popular and got great reviews. Now they should think about how they achieve this once or twice a year.
It’s a good score. But MS needs that Zelda, TLOU, GOW type game.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
if they were actually having all the fun they were claiming they'd be playing the game instead of playing twitter warrior
The game is obvious not what Xbox fans expected... that is clear because they wanted too much and probably very few games can reach their dream wishes (and that has nothing to do with the platform the game is.... making games is hard).

Said that... the game is not a failure... it is a good game with flaws (coincidentally I see it like FFXVI... it is a good game with good potential but flawed in several aspects).

It is just that Xbox fans are not prepared to accept this game like it is.