Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The way people are on each other throats on Era thread and Twitter tells me everything I need to know to confirm how xbots were really expecting this to be BGS TOTK moment.
Shame on them.
Total damage control the way they are going about "87 is a good score" 😒 It's like they want us to forget Starfield was supposed to be the Elden Ring of the year going against Zelda for GOTY.

It's literally what they were saying a few days ago. We don't have amnesia.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Total damage control the way they are going about "87 is a good score" 😒 It's like they want us to forget Starfield was supposed to be the Elden Ring of the year going against Zelda for GOTY.

It's literally what they were saying a few days ago. We don't have amnesia.
They spent two months shitting on FFXVI for scoring lower than 90… what goes around, comes around o I guess.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
I heard from a couple other people that the issue is timings for specifically DDR4 memory? What are you running? 3200mhz Cas Latency:?
DDr4 3000mhz, I could try turning off XMP but it doesn't make sense at all, it seems to be a gpu crash in the log.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
7xq3cw.jpg

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The game is obvious not what Xbox fans expected... that is clear because they wanted too much and probably very few games can reach their dream wishes (and that has nothing to do with the platform the game is.... making games is hard).

Said that... the game is not a failure... it is a good game with flaws (coincidentally I see it like FFXVI... it is a good game with good potential but flawed in several aspects).

It is just that Xbox fans are not prepared to accept this game like it is.

I think the other issue is that Todd/Bethesda over-promised and under-delivered. Or, as most of us see it, they lied about what the game could do and what you can do in it. It's par for the course with Bethesda and MS, but some people refuse to accept it.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
The game is obvious not what Xbox fans expected... that is clear because they wanted too much and probably very few games can reach their dream wishes (and that has nothing to do with the platform the game is.... making games is hard).

Said that... the game is not a failure... it is a good game with flaws (coincidentally I see it like FFXVI... it is a good game with good potential but flawed in several aspects).

It is just that Xbox fans are not prepared to accept this game as it is.
Both share the same burden:

Outdated Technologies.

Reactions: ethomaz

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The way people are on each other throats on Era thread and Twitter tells me everything I need to know to confirm how xbots were really expecting this to be BGS TOTK moment.
Shame on them.

• Reviewers who didn't like souls like games were praising Elden Ring and started playing this genre because of it.
  • People who didn't like games were praising Tears of The Kingdom and becoming gamers because of it
  • People who hated open world games were falling in love with Red Dead Redemption 2

If there are polarizing reviews on game, that's what i need to know about it's quality.

Starfield should be on the level of these games, but it's inferior to even Fallout 4 in some aspects and Fallout 4 was far from perfect, but still exceeded on the exploration regard, which is what you usually need on Bethesda titles.

This is a Diablo 4 situation, people are praising over the initial hours of the game and presentation, but very soon people will start noticing the issues and will start feeling scammed.

I'm so incredible bummed by this. I have the feeling Bethesda accepted the Microsoft deal knowing they couldn't deliver this games expectations and were afraid they could go bankrupt or something.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
  • Reviewers who didn't like souls like games were praising Elden Ring and started playing this genre because of it.
  • People who didn't like games were praising Tears of The Kingdom and becoming gamers because of it
  • People who hated open world games were falling in love with Red Dead Redemption 2

If there are polarizing reviews on game, that's what i need to know about it's quality.

Starfield should be on the level of these games, but it's inferior to even Fallout 4 in some aspects and Fallout 4 was far from perfect, but still exceeded on the exploration regard, which is what you usually need on Bethesda titles.

This is a Diablo 4 situation, people are praising over the initial hours of the game and presentation, but very soon people will start noticing the issues and will start feeling scammed.

I'm so incredible bummed by this. I have the feeling Bethesda accepted the Microsoft deal knowing they couldn't deliver this games expectations and were afraid they could go bankrupt or something.
I believe the game was supposed to be bigger/better but MS cancelled the PS5 version and we all know how developing for the Series S goes. I think the scope changed when they got bought out.

Seriously, a mid 80s score is FAR from bad. FAR. Problem is, MS REALLY needed a HUGE blockbuster. They haven't had a "WOW!" game in over a decade. They still don't have that Ghost of Tsushima or Spider-Man moment.

The worst part is, this was the one game that could have and should have done it. If Bethesda, with all their history and IP pull couldn't what hopes do Awoved and Fable have?

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023

I hate to say it - but having worked with MS during the 360 days, and watching what they do now - they don't think long term - this is about getting as much positivity NOW to feed sales inertia than what it means to the overall player perception of the game long run. Because - by the time gamers realize the bait & switch - the next big announcement has been made, or next big game has been released, and it has been forgotten (except for people like us, on this forum here ;))

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
I believe the game was supposed to be bigger/better but MS cancelled the PS5 version and we all know how developing for the Series S goes. I think the scope changed when they got bought out.

Seriously, a mid 80s score is FAR from bad. FAR. Problem is, MS REALLY needed a HUGE blockbuster. They haven't had a "WOW!" game in over a decade. They still don't have that Ghost of Tsushima or Spider-Man moment.

The worst part is, this was the one game that could have and should have done it. If Bethesda, with all their history and IP pull couldn't what hopes do Awoved and Fable have?
I might talk smack on the series s, but every single shortcoming of this game has nothing to do with the little machine that couldn't. It's all Gamebyro's fault. I don't believe the scope changed for a single minute after the acquisition.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Both share the same burden:

Outdated Technologies.
I don't agree. FF16 problems stem from a lack of time and proper investment in all the design goals of the game. Starfield's problems come from being unable to achieve their vision with the tech they're using.