Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
People are already seething on the Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1716740/discussions/0/3824173836668833392/

To quote user Tyke's comment in the thread about low CCUs:

"The low player count is a result of not low sales, but many of those sales being refunded.
Here you can see the recent large spike, which is solely Starfield's pre-release access. In total around 300,000 excess refunds, and that's just Steam alone. Quite ugly for Bethesda to have around 300,000 refunds just on Steam merely in the pre-release access period."

Very possible a lot of people got their money back when they could. If I had purchased on Steam instead of premium upgrade on Game Pass, I certainly would have requested a refund.

The game keeps crashing

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
This statement shows your ignorance actually. Ambient occlusion is one of the most important things in lighting. It's not something that games can do without.

For example, here is RE4 without AO on EVERYTHING like I mentioned.. The wooden planks need to cast shadow on the wall and it doesn't. I can find this all over HFW as well (we all know HFW doesn't have a good lighting model).

And here is Starfield using AO on every single object.

There is literally NOTHING wrong look-wise to this video. If you would claim what is not beautiful about this ship I'm all ears.
Did you even know what AO is?

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Never mind the game, can you make sense of this bullshit you posted? It’s good but disappointing, what?

It's good, maybe great depending on your tastes, but not the immersion simulator they promissed,

But i was very hyped for it and ended up disappointed for what i've got:

If you ignore the bugs and bad npc models, which were expected you have:

• Spacetravel is nearly non-existent, your ship is basically a F76 mobile camp
  • No FOV, HDR and 32:9 which were promissed
  • Botched peformance on PC with no DLSS and XeSS support.
  • Main Quest is boring and short
  • Some broken quests
  • Enemy AI is braindead
  • Proced generation is very limited, as much as Skyrim Infinite quests gimmick
  • When landing on a planet you are limited to invisible tiles that are generated, there are invisible walls that stop you from walking across the planet and you need to walk everywhere.
  • Terrible UI
  • It's very easy to get lost, there's no sense of direction or city map.
  • Very easy to get overcumbered
  • Nearly no special encounters.

Whomever the game got positives:

• A lot of quests and roleplaying possibilities
  • Combat is much better than in Fallout 4
  • Soundtrack and Art Direction is Incredible.
  • Texture work is stunning
  • Building your ship is really fun
  • Choices actually have some consequences. An NPC you wrong in quest might show up later.
  • Scenery is incredible
  • Enviriomental storytelling great as always
  • Secundary Quests are really good.
  • Dialogue is really good.

It's not a 9/10 game. More like a 7/10.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
So the verdict is in and the numbers did NOT go up on launch day. 250k, same as early access peak.

Does it mean many people rushed to refund the game right before the time limit? Very interesting.
It seems anyone dumb enough to think the game would be good was also dumb enough to pay extra for the privilege of not waiting a few days to play it.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

American Allies.... I mean Easy Allies gave it an 8/10

They talk about how in one mission you can negotiate to not engage in combat, but unless I missed something twice (I restarted my save today), you can't? Only at the end of the mission, not at the beginning.

I could be very wrong of course.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Most people don't know this but Fallout 76 was created by a side team at Bethesda.This is their first games after Fallout 4.

This is just the start for Starfield. If we look at old Bethesda games then hundreds of millions will be playing this thing for next decade.
Shill harder, I’m almost there!

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Again, You might not know this but concurrent player are the number of people active that time.It's not same as total number of players which some estimates show to be high as a million before game official release.
You might not know this, but shills get the noose around these parts.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
At launch the concurrent players on Steam is really disappointing.
It peaked at less than 248k that is way lower than big hits we had this year alone.

It hints a numbers at least 3x lower than Hogwarts or BG3 on Steam.

Plus the average users reviews dropped like a rain from 88% to 80% in matter of hours after launch when people that are not biased enough to early access expensive prices...

From what it shows the users reviewers will be way lower than Metacritic and OpenCritic averages.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters