Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
you can say the game is objectively bad all you want. And it won't change anything lol. Most people who played disagree with you. I can find bad reviews for all types of great games. Does that mean their valid? Since you keep implying good reviews don't matter even if most people say its a good game. Your opinion won't change into fact my boy. Its just how it is.
Why are you incapable of discussing the game without appealing to popularity? I presume because a) you haven't played it, so you can't offer any in-depth commentary about the positives so are forced to outsource the positivity to others, and b) know the game doesn't stand up on its own merits, so again have to outsource the positivity to the crowd.

A bad review is valid if it is valid? You would have to dig into the merits of the criticism, which is what I did with my post talking about a quest. Can you disprove what I've said, or is it going to be endless "everyone loves the game bro so it's good"?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
it doesn't matter. both are shitty travesties of bad management , lack of vision and lack of tech investment.

is like trying that dish expecting the familiar taste of a flavourful and filling Japanese soup but instead, you were served an entirely unexpected, unrelated bland and tasteless cuisine; it's like ordering ramen and getting white bread.

in the other case is like trying a dish with a comforting taste of a beloved classic, but it felt like the ingredients were half-baked. It's like ordering a pizza with all your favorite toppings, but the undercooked crust and unbalanced flavors ruin the entire food.
What's the lack of vision in FF16? I think it had a clear vision of what it wanted, but messed up delivering it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What's the lack of vision in FF16? I think it had a clear vision of what it wanted, but messed up delivering it.
I think what was lacking in FF16 wasn't vision, it was resources. They didn't give the team enough time or money to make everything as good as it should be. I don't believe they could have sat there and looked at the item and crafting system and said "yeah that seems good" - it's dogshit and as barebones as a cow skeleton that's been laying in the desert for a year.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
He is. He even shared a video from VFX Veteran's YouTube account. He self doxxed.
You mean like an unlisted video? Or what. Because he might have gotten that secondhand, how do you know? ijs the posting styles are dissimilar

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Why are you incapable of discussing the game without appealing to popularity? I presume because a) you haven't played it, so you can't offer any in-depth commentary about the positives so are forced to outsource the positivity to others, and b) know the game doesn't stand up on its own merits, so again have to outsource the positivity to the crowd.

A bad review is valid if it is valid? You would have to dig into the merits of the criticism, which is what I did with my post talking about a quest. Can you disprove what I've said, or is it going to be endless "everyone loves the game bro so it's good"?
No the sole problem is you trying to base your opinion as a fact. Start there. If not, why would i discuss the game with someone that thinks their opinion is a fact? lol.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You mean like an unlisted video? Or what. Because he might have gotten that secondhand, how do you know? ijs the posting styles are dissimilar

No, the posting styles are the same, the arguments are the same, the channel belongs to VFX. Like, if it's not him, it's his twin brother. Moderation can confirm, but I just love that he came back after insulting this forum and its members.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What do you think all these early access review sites are except being paid to play the game?
If we're going to go down that route, then technically, they're being given free copies by MS but the sites are the ones paying their reviewers.

Anyway, you know what I meant. Hundreds of thousands of players aren't going to show up to topple BG3's current CCU, forget its peak.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No, the posting styles are the same, the arguments are the same, the channel belongs to VFX. Like, if it's not him, it's his twin brother. Moderation can confirm, but I just love that he came back after insulting this forum and its members.
Hmm, ok. Well if you're so sure then I'll defer to your judgment, but iirc VFX was much more insufferable than Frozone is, who just seems like a bog standard troll.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If we're going to go down that route, then technically, they're being given free copies by MS but the sites are the ones paying their reviewers.

Anyway, you know what I meant. Hundreds of thousands of players aren't going to show up to topple BG3's current CCU, forget its peak.
Not on steam but they'll fudge the numbers on gamepass for sure

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
No the sole problem is you trying to base your opinion as a fact. Start there. If not, why would i discuss the game with someone that thinks their opinion is a fact? lol.
It's FACT because I directly referenced how the game is designed, criticised it, and believe that makes the game bad. Where is your evidence the game is good? You offer nothing because you're a shill and a troll who likely hasn't played it.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yep 100% agree with all this. I've done the map quest, and I chose
bringing the daughter to get the maps, and there was zero push back. I just asked the daughter, the guy says uh I'd prefer not to, but you just overrule him and it's done.
It feels immensely weak where everything floats by you, as you said breezy inconsequential. You don't get much push back anywhere. I've been doing the Ryujin faction quest and it's the same principle there as well.

I saw a comment elsewhere that said "In Skyrim when you're running to A, you get distracted by B, and explore the world." Which is true, and in Starfield you don't get that because you usually fast travel where you're going, and the way the world is designed you're never travelling in places where lots of content may distract you. In procgen content you go right to the POI, everything else is empty.

I will finish it because I don't want to be accused of not doing so, or missing something that might redeem it a little. I have to say it's interesting that most people who are positive about the game don't appear to quantify what they're talking about in the manner we are doing with criticism. Why can't Crow say how the mechanics and world are good in an in-depth way, but we can point out the flaws? I think many people lauding it haven't played it but for some reason, whether it's Xbox or BGS related, want to defend it.
I was actually thinking that exact same thing. I can explain the problems in detail, and I think they are undeniable.

I’ve yet to see someone who thinks it’s truly good be able to explain why they think so.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's FACT because I directly referenced how the game is designed, criticised it, and believe that makes the game bad. Where is your evidence the game is good? You offer nothing because you're a shill and a troll who likely hasn't played it.
I just can't get over the fact that people like the FPS elements with absolutely 0 challenge and braindead AI, how can people like a "nasapunk" game that supposedly relies on realism yet people can shoot you 50 times and barely do any damage? It's like a galaxy full of stormtroopers.