Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
How has anyone been conned? It's a shitty western AAA. People love that. You guys here would love it too if sony made it or it was an exclusive.
I think people choose which Sony exclusives they support, this is not like all games reviewed as well as TLoU II or what not. Even the PS owners don't always fall behind them.

I don't think there is an equivalency here. Sony did not make an open world game that was filled with actual load screens.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
When you're making something exclusive then the more you can focus," he told the BBC. "You know this is the hardware or the thing people are playing on, so the ability to focus on that always yields a better product. You do want people to be able to access it of course. But being with Xbox means there is an ease of access for us."

Starfield Is A Better Game Because It's Exclusive To Xbox And Not On PlayStation, Todd Howard Says​

"When you're making something exclusive then the more you can focus."

😅😅

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Compared to the other Bethesda IPs (Fallout and Elder Scrolls) do you feel this new IP is an evolution or more of the same?
I absolutely hate fallout for some reason, either the setting or the gunplay, so I could never get into it. So I would rank starfield above fallout, but it's basically just skyrim in space. No evolution at all, the AI and loading are still holding the engine back

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to Jason Scheiner, the game was only in full development for 3 years.

After the fiasco of F76, i believe Zenimax was bought because they didn't want to deal with the financial issues like Activision Blizzard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
When you're making something exclusive then the more you can focus," he told the BBC. "You know this is the hardware or the thing people are playing on, so the ability to focus on that always yields a better product. You do want people to be able to access it of course. But being with Xbox means there is an ease of access for us."

Starfield Is A Better Game Because It's Exclusive To Xbox And Not On PlayStation, Todd Howard Says​

"When you're making something exclusive then the more you can focus."

😅😅
It must be hard for Todd to admit that they are no longer in the big leagues.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Out of curiosity guys and girls, can people leave their personal user reviews on Metacritic, or is there some sort of loop that people need to jump through?

@Satoru @Dr Bass @Exanthus have you guys considered this or is it to much work.
Wtf is wrong with you? Guys and girls? You forgot the "fluid" and to represent other pronouns? Thts it, your banned!!!! 😂

24 Jun 2022
They sound like a child who says something that sounds wise because other wise people have said it, except with those folks, they actually produced results that proved their words. Whereas here, the proof does not measure up to the words.

If being a Microsoft exclusive results in a game that is still readily outdone by comparable games from other 1P and also various 3P devs/pubs, then you need to go back to the drawing board.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is obvious.

And they indeed you can see they worked a lot in the quality if you compare with what they showed in 2022.
Is it in the best looking game league? No.
But graphically it is not a big issue even if some places it looks like a PS360 game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's complete bs with Starfield. Starfeild was already in dev for both systems so if anything it was a hindrance in the end and a waste of resources having to scrap whatever work they did on PS5 before the merger. They didn't focus on just Xbox till way down the line. If this game was made exclusively since the beginning on one system I might believe it but it was not.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
The game could’ve easily come out on PS5. The shtick that exclusively somehow helps development needs to stop. We all know it hurts consumers, if anything.