Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
24 Jun 2022
How has anyone been conned? It's a shitty western AAA. People love that. You guys here would love it too if sony made it or it was an exclusive.

If Sony made a AAA open-world game with the lack of visual polish Starfield has in some areas, or with the amount of bugs Starfield has, or with the lack of accessibility options as seen in Starfield, they'd get crucified by reviewers and see tons of backlash from their own fanbase.

The standards are simply much higher with Sony's 1P AAA games. That much is clearer than ever, even if it results in obvious double standards against them.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
6:20 mark is where Jeff talks about his experience with Starfield. He likes it but his review aligned with that of IGN, GameSpot and the rest of the 7 & 3 out of 5 reviews. Lots of good insight from Jeff's in his review and he explains why he thinks Starfield will not be in the GOTY conversation.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
He is not wrong. The problem is, he still had to support Series S and PC, so not really gained much out of "exclusivity". And it shows.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Some screenshots of the most beautiful game of all time.

Kid with a very well proportioned head
GVuVIOX.png

New Atlantis looking last gen
rWQMO0j.png

Very nice looking laboratory
GoRKe2x.png

Falloutfield
NfeD8lr.png

A sandwich that can move through solid objects
XBMxpmt.png

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Day 2

It's still early but it already started dropping from today's peak of 269k (now at 264k), which is very low for launch day. At this point is it even going to reach 500k?

The reviews also dropped to 79.88% 😬

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Day 2

It's still early but it already started dropping from today's peak of 269k (now at 264k), which is very low for launch day. At this point is it even going to reach 500k?

The reviews also dropped to 79.88% 😬
Ouch at the reviews but we knew that was coming. My guess was always a meta of 83.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Out of curiosity guys and girls, can people leave their personal user reviews on Metacritic, or is there some sort of loop that people need to jump through?

@Satoru @Dr Bass @Exanthus have you guys considered this or is it to much work.
I feel like my review would be a bit too negative, I've already been more negative than I would like about it on this site. I just can't believe the over the top reviews. The bad reviews, and the mediocre reviews just seem more honest. It's literally an old-ass game released now. Which is fine if that's how people treat it. But then you got the usual suspects calling it the greatest thing ever, and even people like Jaffe now saying it's in his top three of all time. The guy's taste is apparently all in his mouth.

See, I'm getting negative again. It's just .... not good.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Starfield review thread? Read some pages. But i thought you have some specific post i mind.
Nah, it’s just that the 7s are living rent free in their heads and on the last few pages, some people simply decide to come clean and shit on the game 😂

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Steam numbers won’t go up much. Anyone else that jumped on today for pc is on windows gamespass and not steam, which everyone likes to ignore to suit their flawed sales comparisons. Sales discussion for Starfield is moot. Its purpose is to sell $12 subs. We won’t ever see windows player stat tho.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm very curious on the future of Bethesda post Starfield. This is undoubtedly will be their biggest selling game for a decade since Elder scrolls 6 is years away, so I wonder how the legs of this game will be. Especially not being available on PlayStation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How has anyone been conned? It's a shitty western AAA. People love that. You guys here would love it too if sony made it or it was an exclusive.
There is no way PS fans will love a game with these loadtimes…
Anything over 5s is no go to me on PS5.
Plus no game made by Sony will look or bug like that.

We have standards.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Hoping that @Crow can give us his thoughts on the game soon considering we have had a few in depth comments from those playing it. He's been quite positive so looking forward to all the fine details.