Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Inappropriate language
I thought Starfield was released September 6th, I don't see why that small September 1st peak should be related to Starfield.

Because that's the day it released on early access

Last edited by a moderator:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nimrota

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Because that's the day it released on early access, you melon.
V9J7rZ.gif

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
image.png
The CCUs make ups and downs depending on the hour of the day, as usual, and will slowly go down after a few days after launch. It had its peak some hours ago, normal for a launch. It may have a higher peak during the weekend, and should go down from that.
You can read the other thread I made talking about the CCUs. They do have ups and downs, but after the initial launch yesterday the game only grew 7% from early access peak, today it is 15%, could very well be more on the weekend, but it doesn't change that they're really weak numbers. As that other thread states, it's lower than Skyrim and Fallout 4. BG3 24h peak is 400k, much higher than Starfield's 269k.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You can read the other thread I made talking about the CCUs. They do have ups and downs, but after the initial launch yesterday the game only grew 7% from early access peak, today it is 15%, could very well be more on the weekend, but it doesn't change that they're really weak numbers. As that other thread states, it's lower than Skyrim and Fallout 4. BG3 24h peak is 400k, much higher than Starfield's 269k.
To be fair, Skyrim and Fallout or BG3 weren't included day one on GP. I assume most people will be playing it there. I also think it's too early to make any decent analysis even ignoring GP and looking only at Steam numbers.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
To be fair, Skyrim and Fallout or BG3 weren't included day one on GP. I assume most people will be playing it there. I also think it's too early to make any decent analysis even ignoring GP and looking only at Steam numbers.
Two possible outcomes then:
  1. The game doesn't make much money because nobody is buying it. A majority of the players are on Game Pass, but it's not profitable since $18 a month for Starfield is less than $70 on release. It's selling less on console than FO4 considering Xbox removed 2/3 of BGSs customer base, and the Steam numbers are half that of FO4 on release.
  2. The game severely underperformed in sales. To quote Gods&Monsters post: "Even last week there was a poll on Era and people were voting between 800k-1 million. You had many posters saying 250k in Early Access? Wow just you wait for the official release it will blow up everywhere. We are not ignoring Game Pass, we knew it was going to be Day 1 on GP for over 2 years. Everyone that did those predictions knew it was on GP. The 1 million conccurent was always the target regardless of GP." So estimated CCUs were 3-4x as much as what we got.
I don't know what positive outcome there is here. We either believe it has a heap of players, that we can't quantify, who are playing for cheap, or it has far less players than previous BGS games.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
  1. The game doesn't make much money because nobody is buying it. A majority of the players are on Game Pass, but it's not profitable since $18 a month for Starfield is less than $70 on release. It's selling less on console than FO4 considering Xbox removed 2/3 of BGSs customer base, and the Steam numbers are half that of FO4 on release.
  2. The game severely underperformed in sales. To quote Gods&Monsters post: "Even last week there was a poll on Era and people were voting between 800k-1 million. You had many posters saying 250k in Early Access? Wow just you wait for the official release it will blow up everywhere. We are not ignoring Game Pass, we knew it was going to be Day 1 on GP for over 2 years. Everyone that did those predictions knew it was on GP. The 1 million conccurent was always the target regardless of GP." So estimated CCUs were 3-4x as much as what we got.
I don't know what positive outcome there is here. We either believe it has a heap of players, that we can't quantify, who are playing for cheap, or it has far less players than previous BGS games.
Funny to think that one possible kind of success for the game is just as damaging as failing.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's tracking ahead of both Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy on Steam. 😉

Reckon this will have a chance of dethroning Cyberpunk as the highest CCU peak on Steam (1m) for a single player game due to the hype and Steam's growth in the past years.
Here's proof people were saying Starfield would beat ER, Hogwarts, Cyberpunk and hit 1m on Steam. It's like people want to pretend it never happened and we made it up?

@Vertigo

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think there's little chance that Starfield fails to turn a profit all things considered. The question is if gamepass has turned a potential billion dollar IP to one that just makes $300-400m.

Reactions: Kokoloko

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What are numbers at currently? Or how can I cjeck?
I think this is the chart people use, not sure

It can't beat baldur's gate which is a month old game and today is Starfield's official debut. We'll see if this game has insane growth legs but it could be the worst performing Bethesda RPG on steam by CCU.

Reactions: Dabaus

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What do you guys think is a reasonable number for stsrfield concurrent numbers? I’d say anything under 400k is probably a monumental flop but idk what ms/Bethesda are expecting.
I don't think Steam numbers will indicate a flop.
What will indicate flop is if player engagement craters within a couple weeks on gamepass. If this "game of the generation" is supposed to do the heavy lifting to keep gamepass subscribers happy until the next big game, Steam numbers won't show it.