Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Starfield failing is gonna have a bigger effect on Xbox than any of there other failures. This was meant to take Gamepass and Xbox sales to new levels.

They’ve spent over 90billion in the last 4/5 years. And numbers arent going up. Gamesales are going down, and Xbox is probably projected to sell less than Xbox One X. I doubt the board will just ignore Phils failed plan and Nadella spending spree

Phil is a master Con man, wouldn't be surprised if he convinced Microsoft to give him even more money to buy even more companies. EA,Ubisoft,Segaand 2K are next for sure. He may even buy Sony and Nintendo as well, it's not like the corrupt Governments will stop him.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It doesn't matter, if she's working for Santa Monica she is contributing. Game developers play each others games all the time, this is a non-issue being created by dumbfucks.
I dont watch any of these bozos. These are plastic boxes and ppl get too emotionally invested in youtubers, twitter ppl, gaming consoles, etc Ppl have different personalities and different mental issues lol so I don't take those things personal or care.

Even posting this video and putting a spotlight on it is a waste of time. Those ppl don't gaf what she has to say and she shouldn't care what those that tweeted against her have to say.

Btw it's big corps trying to fuck eachother and one up so she might not call it fanboy wars because they are getting paid for it but thts bs there are constant struggles and shitting between corps. We've already saw Phil Spencer's and Greenbergs fanboy bs, Lies and nonsense.

Btw her talking annoys me.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Phil is a master Con man, wouldn't be surprised if he convinced Microsoft to give him even more money to buy even more companies. EA,Ubisoft,Segaand 2K are next for sure. He may even buy Sony and Nintendo as well, it's not like the corrupt Governments will stop him.
Your probably right, but I think Phils days are numbered. The board has to decide whether they will just keep buying company after company or do a 360 lol

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
One million concurrent is huge no matter how you slice it and if you trust Phil as the source. The issue is that 3/4s of it are subscription players.

You would need like 70 million user in NEW gamespass subs to make up for 10 million in sales at retail price. And that’s just one game….

I will not be surprised if Todd and Pete quit.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I dont watch any of these bozos. These are plastic boxes and ppl get too emotionally invested in youtubers, twitter ppl, gaming consoles, etc Ppl have different personalities and different mental issues lol so I don't take those things personal or care.

Even posting this video and putting a spotlight on it is a waste of time. Those ppl don't gaf what she has to say and she shouldn't care what those that tweeted against her have to say.

Btw it's big corps trying to fuck eachother and one up so she might not call it fanboy wars because they are getting paid for it but thts bs there are constant struggles and shitting between corps. We've already saw Phil Spencer's and Greenbergs fanboy bs, Lies and nonsense.

Btw her talking annoys me.
Yeah I can't stand YouTubers / streamers so annoying

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Cyberpunk is for the most part great. Even before most of the QoL updates and changes. Problem was playing it on last gen hardware. Phantom Liberty should be a great part of the game’s redemption story.

I’m def going back to it and starting a fresh run tho. I dropped it 70 hours in since my trophies didn’t carry over to ps5 build.

The only thing I don’t like about it is V himself. Geralt was awesome. That’s my boy. I wanted to be Geralt during that entire game. V is a fucking douchebag loser.

The game tho … I see it as GTA meets rpg mostly. Shooter mechanics are okay but you need to tweak the fuck out of it on controller … great questing outside of main path too. I’m in.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Kind of laughing to myself thinking that Steam reviews are a better indicator of sales than CCUs. Maybe for a game that is several years old, but what, the average Starfield player on Steam bought it, gave it a review, and no longer is playing it?
Steam user reviews are the industry standard to estimate Steam sales. Depending on different things such as the release year, game size or genre the multiplier changes. To get a quick and easy rough estimate, for a current big SP AAA you have to multiply reviews by 25 (or 30 depending the case). Meaning the estimate for Starfield sales would be around 850K-1M on Steam.

Since on average users take a few days to make their reviews, this method works better waiting at leaset some days after the release, so that estimate is a bit too early, because real sales numbers may be a bit higher.

Starfield CCU all time peak was 269,177 users 15 hours ago, and since release almost every day has a new all time peak. It isn't true that the average player left the game. On average most players start to play a game and quit after a few hours, or buy it and don't play it. That's normal, nothing special about Starfield. Just look at the percentage of trophies in most games.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Those particular trees look bad but that's not representative of all the foliage in the game. Here is a vid of foliage looking like most current gen games look. It's a mirage on a moon on Tau Ceti.

This is comedy gold. From your own youtube channel description:

Here is an special area on this moon that I found on Tau Ceti VIII-b and it has folia like the movie Avatar.. or similar to the foliage in the game HFW.

You must be on hardcore copium or crack cocaine if you think that. You can praise a game without shitting on others, and without trying to leverage your credentials to blatantly lie.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Steam user reviews are the industry standard to estimate Steam sales. Depending on different things such as the release year, game size or genre the multiplier changes. To get a quick and easy rough estimate, for a current big SP AAA you have to multiply reviews by 25 (or 30 depending the case).

Since on average users take a few days to make their reviews, this method works better waiting at leaset some days after the release.

Starfield CCU all time peak was 269,177 users 15 hours ago, and since release almost every day has a new all time peak. It isn't true that the average player left the game.

Someone show this dumbass the following:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
This is comedy gold. From your own youtube channel description:

You must be on hardcore copium or crack cocaine if you think that. You can praise a game without shitting on others, and without trying to leverage your credentials to blatantly lie.

Why do they do this to themselves? I mean they know these throwaway accounts have a shelf life but you at least gotta be smarter with your trolling game to extend the life of the account - that is, how much people will be willing to entertain your trolling before it being so obvious that the account gets literally burnt out of all usefulness.

On to the back-up.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Here's Starfield looking on par with HFW as well

It's like comparing shit with cologne

ALSO, for those that say "oh but urr durr water is not really a biome"... Well, there's a certain mission where you have to go in the water to scan for animals. Yeah, the game kinda told me that I had to endure minutes of visual punishment to scan a handful of alien fish to finish a planetary scan.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why do they do this to themselves? I mean they know these throwaway accounts have a shelf life but you at least gotta be smarter with your trolling game to extend the life of the account - that is, how much people will be willing to entertain your trolling before it being so obvious that the account gets literally burnt out of all usefulness.

On to the back-up.

He's not trolling, that's the problem.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Eternights

2995246c0080f9cea1d911f7e1c636de182f5be2.jpg

I think the Phantom Liberty could surprise everyone.

Reactions: Gamernyc78 and Arc

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
He's not trolling, that's the problem.
Ohh he is. Which is why he picked Horizon as a comparison point out of all the games in the universe. Not to mention the man talks like a marketing robot with a damage control manual that we're all very used to by now. Similar talking points, similar approach to argumentation etc. Normal folk don't approach information that way....specially not when presented with clear, factual conflicting information that makes their whole argumentation questionable. No... when you get folks like that it tells of an acquired, experienced and tuned approach.

I won't like to say you're being naive here but... you kinda are.

And the more you all entertain him, the better he laughs every time he writes up a reply. They enjoy taking folks for a ride - that's the point - not necessarily to win the argument. Winning the argument is just a bonus if they can bring the discussion so low as to beat you with tiring stupidity. Simply denying what you crave, that is, affirmation that you're correct and he's not drives the whole trolling process - the ego meat. They know and suspect that you probably despise his position (on whatever the topic is at the moment of interaction) and that there is nothing more satisfying for those engaged in the argument than to see him admit being wrong. Ergo the job of the troll is to simply deny you that satisfaction and string you along. The more he denies it, the more hooked and invested the "target" becomes, frustrated, infuriated even - and it can be easily discerned by the way someone types.

As I've confided with the owner of this site. The more this site becomes known as the home of some hardcore PS fans, the more attractive it will be for shameless trolls of other platforms/fanbases to come here to sharpen their trolling/argumentative skills.... even if for a little while before they end up burning several accounts in the process and decide to settle on bigger ponds, like say, Gaf... even if just as a change of scenery. We already know plenty from Gaf come here after their bans, even if temporary. Plenty of PCMR and Bots already in the grave, many more to come, and many more recurring actors who will simply develop a taste for the users on this site. Accounts are just a VPN IP address away - and literally all browsers have them built-in in some fashion these days (as an add-on at least).

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
David Jaffe says it's in his top three games of all time though 🤔😂

Phil must be happy with this Game Pass ambassador

Biggest scope / scale ever but desperate to give Microsoft more cash for 10 paid expansions... 💀🤡🤣
Most relatively recent MS or Bethesda games have been GaaS. Make sure Starfild will get several paid DLCs.