Starfield review embargo date is Thursday August 31st at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM UK.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Action games are not more modern than games that require turns.
You're assuming that final fantasy wouldnt have been like ff16 is originally if it wasn't for the tech they were developing on , when the creator of final fantasy literally says it the pinnacle of the series it's safe to say the games wouldve been like that from the get go if it wasn't for the tech limitations

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You're assuming that final fantasy wouldnt have been like ff16 is originally if it wasn't for the tech they were developing on , when the creator of final fantasy literally says it the pinnacle of the series it's safe to say the games wouldve been like that from the get go if it wasn't for the tech limitations
Completely false.

The very first video game(s) ever, are "action" games. Turn based gaming is not a limitation on computing, and never has been. To think so shows complete ignorance of software. And violence/killing far predates organized games requiring thought and the taking of turns, if you really want to get into it. There is nothing whatsoever more "modern" about action, fighting, what have you. I don't think one is inherently better than the other. They are just choices with their own trade offs.

If Sakaguchi said he thinks FF16 is the pinnacle, I'm pretty sure he is just being gracious. Kind people are like that. And your comment that all the games would have been this way from the beginning, if it were possible, is an assumptive leap. It was a role playing game, taking its queues from table top games. It's a style. FF16 is also clearly not even close to the best game in the series, as someone who has been playing almost all of them for the last 30+ years. FF16 is such a mindless slog of a game, there is absolutely nothing more "modern" or advanced about it than any of the previous FF games except production values.

Back to Starfield.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo and Johnic

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Okay let's talk about flopfield 17fps looks like it was made for the ps3 / Xbox 360 , 1000 planets but only 10% have life on them & I doubt there's much to do on 90% of those but hey it just works
-Will be more on PC
-Game looks great
-There's billions of planets IRL and only 1 has proven life on it

(y)

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Completely false.

The very first video game(s) ever, are "action" games. Turn based gaming is not a limitation on computing, and never has been. To think so shows complete ignorance of software. And violence/killing far predates organized games requiring thought and the taking of turns, if you really want to get into it. There is nothing whatsoever more "modern" about action, fighting, what have you. I don't think one is inherently better than the other. They are just choices with their own trade offs.

If Sakaguchi said he thinks FF16 is the pinnacle, I'm pretty sure he is just being gracious. Kind people are like that. And your comment that all the games would have been this way from the beginning, if it were possible, is an assumptive leap. It was a role playing game, taking its queues from table top games. It's a style. FF16 is also clearly not even close to the best game in the series, as someone who has been playing almost all of them for the last 30+ years. FF16 is such a mindless slog of a game, there is absolutely nothing more "modern" or advanced about it than any of the previous FF games except production values.

Back to Starfield.
Are you calling me an idiot for actually liking one of the games I've always found the franchise ridiculous & not fun but after 16's demo I was hooked it's a great story atleast from the demo I've not played it yet I'm replaying tomb raider games hoping they patch the framerate

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
he didn't give it a number score actually but he did say "The ‘Halo Infinite campaign is the closest to perfection in 20 years" 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
The campaign is awful !!!

In retrospect this is quite embarrassing because even those who browse the Halo reddit would disagree with this assessment. I think it was clear on launch, but takes a long time before all the shilling falls away and people generally recognise the truth about a game. And this is my main worry with Starfield: good impressions, reviews, etc, before being a totally shallow experience and another step of the degradation of Bethesda. Just like Skyrim and FO4 before.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Western fantasy aesthetics are popular right now but none of these examples carry the same type of brand relevance as Final Fantasy.

The masses do not give a f*ck about Baldur’s Gate.
I've been present for multiple BG3 conversations at work, none of them started by me. Not seen a single XV conversation yet, though there was one from an old guy who thinks FFXI was the best game ever created. :/

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Are you calling me an idiot for actually liking one of the games I've always found the franchise ridiculous & not fun but after 16's demo I was hooked it's a great story atleast from the demo I've not played it yet I'm replaying tomb raider games hoping they patch the framerate
Don't listen to them. FF16 is 100% better than FF13 and FF15. There are some debates for the rest but it's the best mainline in years. No question about it.

Some people were influenced by the discourse online so they played it with the wrong mindset. Hopefully they will revisit it someday and will be ashamed how easily they were swayed. Like mindless teenagers.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Don't listen to them. FF16 is 100% better than FF13 and FF15. There are some debates for the rest but it's the best mainline in years. No question about it.

Some people were influenced by the discourse online so they played it with the wrong mindset. Hopefully they will revisit it someday and will be ashamed how easily they were swayed. Like mindless teenagers.
Or the game simply isn't that impressive and/or challenging for people and there's a lot of valid criticism on it. Finished it, finished all side quests, finished all hunts, got all best gear. Not once did I have to stop and think things through. No elements to think of at all, no status effects. No exploration at all.

It's a shallow experience, full of particle effects designed to keep the lowest common denominator interested in all the flashy stuff. Story kept me going but it's one of the most shallow FF experiences, from both the world design and actual gameplay aspects.

Last edited:

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023

Back to Starfield.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The funny thing about all this banter and mierdoso shennanigns its that im not a big fan of anime or jrpgs, and starfield its the game im most interested right now (i like bgs games) but this whole almost cultist veneration from the xbox fanbase and small dick energy fellas like remji its cringe as fuck, and taking account that most of the green rats on era havent played a bgs game before seeing them changing their avatars to starfield tell volumes about what starfield is. For them, its not a game, its their big moment, its thel moment where they think xbox fortunes are going to change, the are over hyping it, giving review codes to people already predisposed to give the game the maxium scores, also for big bonus, game was made a exclusive keeping playstation gamers out of their reach, you can see their comments on era, the anxiety, the ones who can sleep thinking about the game, etc this is not a game for them, its their sacred weapon In their holy war

Last edited: