Starfield

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Big launch event planned, can't wait. The hype is palpable.

No, and at this point so close to the release, I don't want an hour long walk through, I want to discover everything myself. There are plenty of small game play clips showing combat mechanics around to have an idea of what the gun play looks like.

I didn't ask for an hour long walk through, I asked for a full combat gameplay video with no cuts like the Cyberpunk gameplay, that is to say in the manner they showed their footage constrated to Bethesda's "deep dive" that was full of constant cuts. Both Skyrim and Oblivion's demo footage were ~20 minutes, FO4 was ~10. Pretty strange that even with 1000 planets to record gameplay on (away from any story related content) there isn't even 5 minutes of unedited gameplay. It is a terrible precedent for consumers to allow companies to say "ah well you might spoil yourself this close to release so we aren't going to show you the game" especially considering BG3 had years of public access to the game before launch.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I didn't ask for an hour long walk through, I asked for a full combat gameplay video with no cuts like the Cyberpunk gameplay, that is to say in the manner they showed their footage constrated to Bethesda's "deep dive" that was full of constant cuts. Both Skyrim and Oblivion's demo footage were ~20 minutes, FO4 was ~10. Pretty strange that even with 1000 planets to record gameplay on (away from any story related content) there isn't even 5 minutes of unedited gameplay. It is a terrible precedent for consumers to allow companies to say "ah well you might spoil yourself this close to release so we aren't going to show you the game" especially considering BG3 had years of public access to the game before launch.

No one's asking you to take their word for it. You can judge for yourself in about 3 weeks time.

Others are free to be excited because they like BGS's single player RPGs.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
No one's asking you to take their word for it. You can judge for yourself in about 3 weeks time.

Others are free to be excited because they like BGS's single player RPGs.
If only there was an option that existed between taking their word for it, and seeing gameplay on release. Perhaps we could call this "revealing gameplay footage before release"? People are free to be excited for the game, much like many were excited for Cyberpunk, of Fallout 76, or Redfall, because they enjoyed previous games by those studios.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If only there was an option that existed between taking their word for it, and seeing gameplay on release. Perhaps we could call this "revealing gameplay footage before release"? People are free to be excited for the game, much like many were excited for Cyberpunk, of Fallout 76, or Redfall, because they enjoyed previous games by those studios.

They have revealed game play, lots of it. What you're asking for is something only 1, 2 games do in general, a full dungeon length of walkthrough.

How many games have done that kind of a 20, 30 minute uninterrupted game play demo this year ?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
They have revealed game play, lots of it. What you're asking for is something only 1, 2 games do in general, a full dungeon length of walkthrough.

How many games have done that kind of a 20, 30 minute uninterrupted game play demo this year ?
They have released EDITED gameplay of it. All I want is 2-5m of gameplay footage that doesn't involve cinematic camera shots, cutting between clips, just direct gameplay so I can judge what the game will be like. It appears that doesn't exist. Again, Skyrim and Oblivion managed 20m of direct gameplay, why is this apparently beyond the pale now? Is Bethesda incapable of that?

As to your "how many games have done that kind of a 20, 30 minute uninterrupted game play demo this year?" comment:
First, I never said I wanted 20-30m, I just wanted unedited direct gameplay. The 20-30 is based on Bethesda's previous lengths, FO4 was 10m, which leads to the reasonable expectation they're capable of doing it. Second, per another commentator online who has answered the same question:

"Only from this year: Hogwards Legacy, Dead Space Remake, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Diablo 4, Forspoken, Company of Heroes 3, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Remnant II, Dead Island 2, System Shock Remake, Jagged Alliance 3, AC Mirage (unreleased), Spiderman 2 (unreleased), Alan Wake 2 (unreleased), Atlas Fallen (unreleased), Star Wars Outlaws (unreleased, scheduled for 2024), Sand Land (unreleased, scheduled for 2024) and so on. All of them showed uncut gameplay long before the release."

Check out the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor gameplay footage for instance. 9 minutes, direct gameplay.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They have released EDITED gameplay of it. All I want is 2-5m of gameplay footage that doesn't involve cinematic camera shots, cutting between clips, just direct gameplay so I can judge what the game will be like. It appears that doesn't exist. Again, Skyrim and Oblivion managed 20m of direct gameplay, why is this apparently beyond the pale now? Is Bethesda incapable of that?

As to your "how many games have done that kind of a 20, 30 minute uninterrupted game play demo this year?" comment:
First, I never said I wanted 20-30m, I just wanted unedited direct gameplay. The 20-30 is based on Bethesda's previous lengths, FO4 was 10m, which leads to the reasonable expectation they're capable of doing it. Second, per another commentator online who has answered the same question:

"Only from this year: Hogwards Legacy, Dead Space Remake, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Diablo 4, Forspoken, Company of Heroes 3, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Remnant II, Dead Island 2, System Shock Remake, Jagged Alliance 3, AC Mirage (unreleased), Spiderman 2 (unreleased), Alan Wake 2 (unreleased), Atlas Fallen (unreleased), Star Wars Outlaws (unreleased, scheduled for 2024), Sand Land (unreleased, scheduled for 2024) and so on. All of them showed uncut gameplay long before the release."

Check out the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor gameplay footage for instance. 9 minutes, direct gameplay.
Fr. All the jump cuts in the starfield footage we've seen so far feel like they're trying to cover up how absolutely catastrophic the game bugs are.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
"Only from this year: Hogwards Legacy, Dead Space Remake, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Diablo 4, Forspoken, Company of Heroes 3, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, Remnant II, Dead Island 2, System Shock Remake, Jagged Alliance 3, AC Mirage (unreleased), Spiderman 2 (unreleased), Alan Wake 2 (unreleased), Atlas Fallen (unreleased), Star Wars Outlaws (unreleased, scheduled for 2024), Sand Land (unreleased, scheduled for 2024) and so on. All of them showed uncut gameplay long before the release.

But these are all examples of game play demos at various trade shows that were a couple of minutes long. We have already seen much more game play from Starfield than these examples.

As for the uninterrupted part, well none of Bethesda's previous RPGs have had an hour long Direct kind of presentation beforehand either, so it's a difference in style on how they're choosing to present it.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
But these are all examples of game play demos at various trade shows that were a couple of minutes long. We have already seen much more game play from Starfield than these examples.

As for the uninterrupted part, well none of Bethesda's previous RPGs have had an hour long Direct kind of presentation beforehand either, so it's a difference in style on how they're choosing to present it.
Here is the 22 minute Skyrim demo which has segments of uncut, unedited, direct gameplay. Here is the 21 minute Oblivion demo which has segments of uncut, unedited, direct gameplay. Here is the 14 minute New Vegas demo which is largely uncut, unedited, direct gameplay. Factually incorrect to say none of their previous games have had uninterrupted footage. Even if those demos cut between sections of the game, the gameplay contained within each section doesn't cut and chop around like the Starfield deep dive. I wasn't even asking for an hour long direct presentation, I was asking for uncut, unedited, direct gameplay which apparently does not exist. There is apparently not even 5 minutes of in-game gameplay showing the game functioning in the manner a player would experience.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Here is the 22 minute Skyrim demo which has segments of uncut, unedited, direct gameplay. Here is the 21 minute Oblivion demo which has segments of uncut, unedited, direct gameplay. Here is the 14 minute New Vegas demo which is largely uncut, unedited, direct gameplay. Factually incorrect to say none of their previous games have had uninterrupted footage. Even if those demos cut between sections of the game, the gameplay contained within each section doesn't cut and chop around like the Starfield deep dive. I wasn't even asking for an hour long direct presentation, I was asking for uncut, unedited, direct gameplay which apparently does not exist. There is apparently not even 5 minutes of in-game gameplay showing the game functioning in the manner a player would experience.

Here's the full 45 minute Starfield direct which has tons of game play and a pretty detailed, exhaustive, breakdown of mechanics.

Something like this is enough for pretty much everyone to get a gauge of what kind of game it is.

You've already said you can't find the kind of thing you're looking for, not much I can do to help you with that.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Here's the full 45 minute Starfield direct which has tons of game play and a pretty detailed, exhaustive, breakdown of mechanics.

Something like this is enough for pretty much everyone to get a gauge of what kind of game it is.

You've already said you can't find the kind of thing you're looking for, not much I can do to help you with that.
The "tons of gameplay" you're referring to is 46% of the video length (here is all the gameplay in a montage) and has frequent cuts, cinematic camera shots, and apparently no 5m of in-game, uncut, unedited gameplay. And yes, I know I can't find what I'm asking for as it doesn't exist. Because Bethesda can't show 5m of direct gameplay because their game runs badly and they're trying to keep a lid on it before release. Considering this leak was correct about Redfall, we are likely going to see similar levels of dysfunction in Starfield.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Review playtest invites are already happening …. whether saves are lost at launch is up in the air. Press should start talking soon.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Review playtest invites are already happening …. whether saves are lost at launch is up in the air. Press should start talking soon.

Excellent, reviewers given a decent amount of time before release (if true) so we have a big number of reviews and videos out by release date.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Remember the playtest impressions from influencers before Redfall? Check out Arekkz and Jackfrags' videos and contrast their commentary to how consumers responded when they managed to play the game. Or as I previously mentioned all the shilling for Halo Infinite, quoting from Ryan McCaffrey's IGN review "[Halo Infinite] absolutely brought Halo’s single-player campaign back into contention as one of the finest out there (to say nothing of the amazing multiplayer suite)". Nobody would agree this is an accurate assessment of the game. Quite astounding they have to lie and cover it up instead of simply admitting the flaws.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
30 FPS is insta death for my interests, no matter what game or who made it.

This in particular is clearly a fast moving FPS with jetpacks and all - terrible decision.

And not being a PC gamer that can juice the frames - I have no interest over and above general gaming news on this one.

If it were 60 however - I would be very interested, maybe even Xbox console purchase interested as this low-fi vibe really resonates with me.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Remember the playtest impressions from influencers before Redfall? Check out Arekkz and Jackfrags' videos and contrast their commentary to how consumers responded when they managed to play the game. Or as I previously mentioned all the shilling for Halo Infinite, quoting from Ryan McCaffrey's IGN review "[Halo Infinite] absolutely brought Halo’s single-player campaign back into contention as one of the finest out there (to say nothing of the amazing multiplayer suite)". Nobody would agree this is an accurate assessment of the game. Quite astounding they have to lie and cover it up instead of simply admitting the flaws.

I’d be wary that this playtest will indeed lead to bs previews disguised as reviews. I’m not sure it’s at a press invite location or on their own personal hardware. .. Tassi spilled the beans

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
btw it's interesting that adamsapple said "the hype is palpable" yet quoted a tweet that has all of 329 likes. very palpable
Their Amazon posts earlier in the thread were pretty funny because having a look at the gaming charts on Amazon in my country, Starfield (PC) is ranked #540 and the Xbox version is ranked #488. By comparison FF16 and Spiderman 2 are ranked #37 and #44 respectively. Starfield (Xbox) isn't even 1st in the Xbox category, it's ranked #15, several places behind Armored Core VI which is ranked #9.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dorukhan842

5 Aug 2023
Reckon this will have a chance of dethroning Cyberpunk as the highest CCU peak on Steam (1m) for a single player game due to the hype and Steam's growth in the past years.

• haha
Reactions: Satoru

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Nice OP, this is a huge release for samsung and I'm sure samsung fans are really excited for it!

1691419228448.webp

One thing I still don't understand, with a high profile Samsung TV release like this, why doesn't it have localization for the Korean langauge?

Huge oversight by Samsung, but I guess since Asia really doesn't have interest in games like Starfield there isn't much need to accomodate the entire world market, just a slect few is OK for a niche title like this.

Also, check your model compatability here:

should run on most TVs.

The good thing is, since starfield is a true multiplatform game, you can also enjoy the game on

PC/any Web Browser/Android/mobile.

Anyway, it won't be a Baldur's Gate 3 level phenom, but I expect a solid 70-80 something metacritic to enjoy on our Samsung TVs! Hopefully there's not too many bugs like FALL OUT 76, this developer's previous game.

Excited!

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
btw it's interesting that adamsapple said "the hype is palpable" yet quoted a tweet that has all of 329 likes. very palpable
Very very

I cant lie, i like bgs games, i have the starfield controller (because its cool) but fuck me if xbox fanboys discourse around this game its one of the most cringe and stupid things i have seen in a long time, the mix of surreal expectations, the "we need a win",man there's people on era thread having anxiety because they can fucking die before the games launch, its amazing

Also this game will have always a estigma,the way this game as become a xbox exclusive

Last edited: