Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
50 minutes long
Sounds fake, Sony said 30+ minutes long

P.S.: Death Stranding 2 is 1st party, not 3rd party

Tsushima 2
Ghost 2 please
>Ghost of Tsushima 2 (Sucker Punch, 2025, teaser trailer)

They released after launch the MP mode, the DLC and the PS5 version. Nowadays AAA games take around 5-9 years to be made and Sony in recent times announced the games pretty close to release.

So I'd say it's too early for them to announce GoT2. I think it is more likely to see it announced in the TGS of 2025 or 2026.

I think the next new first party game to be announced will be Interestellar: The Heretic Prophet / Cory's new IP and Horizon Online.

Last edited:
Reactions: voke and Dabaus

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I just want a Tsushima 2 reveal/announcement. Even if it's just a logo/title screen. Just officially announce it and I will be happy.

• sad
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
KH 4 is 100% going to show up at summer games fest or TGA's . I will bet my left nut on it, FF is playstation, DQ is nintendo, KH is multiplat oriented
Again DQ isn't owned by Nintendo. If Sony has years ago signed stuff it can be like DQ 8. KH4 was never Multi-platform. Only KH3 was day one on Xbox. I wouldn't rule things out without further evidence.

Reactions: Dabaus

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
MGS3 was just so good minus Kojima's cringe and some stupid boss fights, but I just can't play games I've beaten/old games anymore unless the game I missed, which is near-impossible.
I understand but I played them all a million times already anyway, so it can't be an issue for me.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Again DQ isn't owned by Nintendo. If Sony has years ago signed stuff it can be like DQ 8. KH4 was never Multi-platform. Only KH3 was day one on Xbox. I wouldn't rule things out without further evidence.
SE's Decision to pivot to multiplat was only this year. Most of the games we know about have been in development for literally years so we dont know what contracts they couldve signed prior to this year. Id assume Sony has at least another 1-2 exclusives pending still.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Posted on /v/ a couple hours ago:
(Too good to be true IMO)

State of Play coming September 24th, focused mainly on Japanese/Chinese third party partners with updates of upcoming Sony's first party games, 50 minutes long

Sony first party games:

>Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered (Guerilla Games, early 2025, PC & PS5)
>Until Dawn Remaster (Super Massive Games, October 4, PC & PS5)
>LEGO Horizon Adventures (Guerilla Games, Studio Gobo, November 17, PC, PS5, Switch)
>Gravity Daze 1 & 2 Remastered (Nixxes Studios, PC, PS5, early 2025)
>Ghost of Tsushima 2 (Sucker Punch, 2025, teaser trailer)

Third party games:

>Project The Perceiver (Papergames, 17ZHE Studio, gameplay trailer, PC &, PS5/PS4 2025)
>Code: To Jin Yong (Lightspeed studios, Tencent, PS5 announcement)
>Phantom Blade Zero (S-GAME, PC, PS5, gameplay trailer, 2025)
>Lost Soul Aside (UltiZeroGames, PC& PS5, gameplay trailer, 2025)
>Starry Sky Valley (Mihoyo, PC, PS5, PS4, mobile)
>Stellar Blade DLC and Collaboration announcement (Shiftup games, PS5, early 2025)
>Dragon's Dogma II Expansion announcement (Capcom, gameplay trailer, 2025)
>Resident Evil IX (Capcom, PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, teaser trailer)
>Death Stranding 2: On the beach (Kojima Studios, Story trailer, 2025, PS5)
>Silent Hill 2 Remake (Final trailer, PC, PS5, Bloober Team, October 8)
>Silent Hill f (teaser trailer)
>Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake eater (Konami, 2024)
>Kingdom Hearts IV (Square Enix, Gameplay trailer)
>Final Fantasy IX Remake (Square Enix, announcement trailer)
>Dragon Quest XII (Square Enix, teaser trailer, 2025)
>SYNDUALITY: Echo of Ada (Bandai Namco, Gameplay trailer, PC, PS5, Xbox, 2025)
>The First Berserker: Khazan (Nexon, PC, PS5, Xbox, 2025)
>The Relic: First Guardian (Project Cloud Games, Perp Games, early 2025)

Too much day one PC games.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
im betting on SH2, DS2, RE9 and at least on first party reveal, the rest will be filler games

im gonna be on the doom side that believes square enix will pull the dumb move of putting either KH4 or FF9 on the xbox presentation during TGS

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Predictions

Death Stranding 2 (opener)
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil 9
Dragon's Dogma 2 DLC
Kingdom Hearts 4
a AAA internal game teased.

24 Jun 2022
SE's Decision to pivot to multiplat was only this year. Most of the games we know about have been in development for literally years so we dont know what contracts they couldve signed prior to this year. Id assume Sony has at least another 1-2 exclusives pending still.

SE can always pay to get out of those contracts, particularly if they had other versions of the games in development (in some capacity) while working on the PS versions, just to expediate the eventual porting process. There are always "break-up fees" for these projects.

Also for something like DQ, I doubt Sony went for any exclusivity. DQ is MASSIVE in Japan and Square-Enix would have the most brain-deficient publisher to lock DQ XII down to PS5 for the Japanese market. Even from 2018 onward they should've been able to see how much market share Switch was gaining, and modern DQ games aren't at the scope or visual fidelity of games like VII Rebirth.

Reactions: On Demand

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
OK mods, I'll honor the ban bet between me and @mibu no ookami and take my 1-month ban starting tomorrow.

Still bet anything 1P-wise will just be more needless remasters and ports tho

@Sircaw in the spirit of the bet, I'm asking that @thicc_girls_are_teh_best NOT be banned.

If this State of Play is all they do and its mostly 3rd party stuff. Let's call it a push.

If they do a 30th anniversary event with some 1st party reveals, then yeah, I'll take you being banned.

Reactions: Sircaw