Stellar Blade Review Thread & |OT| "When Voluptuous Beauty and The Blade Meet"

What do you think will be the Meta average?

• Total voters

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Thanks, but I still don't get the racial slur bit, I think I am getting too old for this shit.

I had to look the shit up, is this a term that is well known or something, its the first i have ever heard of it.

I also had to look hard to get the reference, but here's my understanding:

1 - There's an in-game store franchise (probably where you buy powerups, ammo, whatever) that is called R store, and they have several of those throughout the map.

2 - There's a wall with a graffiti that says "Hard" on large letters.

3 - That same wall just happens to have a "R-store" logo some meters to the right of the graffiti

4 - Apparently, "Hard R" is a racist slang, or probably some white saviour with too much time in their hands decided that it's a racist slang. I'm pretty fucking sure I never heard of it before. Not sure what the logic is that connects tHe N wOrD to the letter R, other than it being the last letter in the word. Is it also racist to say hard G? Hard E? Sounds completely forced but that's just me who isn't obsessed with these things.

5 - Some idiot at IGN noticed that he could do a screenshot showing the "hard" graffiti and the "R store" logo next to each other.

6 - The same idiot at IGN decided to blackmail Sony with that screenshot.

7 - Sony caved in and ordered Shift Up to change the texture on the wall on time for the game's release.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Because "nigga" is one of the most popular terms in black American pop culture. If you take the a and replace it with er, you get a pretty offensive word that isn't used lightly.

Nobody in real life has to point this out because black people don't point at every loose reference to the word and yell "oooooooooo" like a kindergarten student. People are being immature.
English isn't my first language and I'd never associate "hard r" with anything offensive. How those 2 are connected is beyond me. I'm guessing "hard r" references the "er" at the end of the other word? Fucking hell, who comes up with this crap?

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Done, I just pre-ordered.

It's a nice follow-up to Hogwarts Legacy.

You know the reviews for a game are ridiculous when Eurogamer has one of the more level headed reviews out there. She does some woke-scolding at the end of the article , but at least doesn't give it a crazy low score.

Not just woke scolding:

All this surprisingly endearing weirdness only adds to my annoyance that Stellar Blade's become the latest game to be sucked into a misogynistic culture war. For those blissfully unaware, the quick summary here is that some have decided to make it their mission to vocally worship Eve's unrealistic chest and behind, lamenting the 'unattractiveness' of other women in modern games.

She claims Eve's boobs and butt are unrealistic. Looks like she missed the part where the character was created through photogrammetry of a real person.
And I wonder if this Jessica Orr person ever went to the beach during summer, or even just a local gym where we can often find real flesh-and-bones palpable girls with the same body proportions as Eve.

Oh...

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
English isn't my first language and I'd never associate "hard r" with anything offensive. How those 2 are connected is beyond me. I'm guessing "hard r" references the "er" at the end of the other word? Fucking hell, who comes up with this crap?
The people in question came up with the new term they didn't like they original term so they tried to make a positive spin on it however if someone not colored says it people still get offended. However both words are racist no ifs ands or buts about it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Because "nigga" is one of the most popular terms in black American pop culture. If you take the a and replace it with er, you get a pretty offensive word that isn't used lightly.

Nobody in real life has to point this out because black people don't point at every loose reference to the word and yell "oooooooooo" like a kindergarten student. People are being immature.
Beyond tht all over the United States especially on the East Coast all minoroties use the term. Latinos here in NYC, New Jersey, etc been using tht term. Since its inception and it was spread through hip hop culture which has its foundational roots in NYC and was just not pushed forward just by African Americans but Puertorican latinos as well.

Definitely big differrence between "a" and "er".

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Done, I just pre-ordered.

It's a nice follow-up to Hogwarts Legacy.

Not just woke scolding:

She claims Eve's boobs and butt are unrealistic. Looks like she missed the part where the character was created through photogrammetry of a real person.
And I wonder if this Jessica Orr person ever went to the beach during summer, or even just a local gym where we can often find real flesh-and-bones palpable girls with the same body proportions as Eve.

Oh...
Have to buy it tonight when i get home from work.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Beyond tht all over the United States especially on the East Coast all minoroties use the term. Latinos here in NYC, New Jersey, etc been using tht term. Since its inception and it was spread through hip hop culture which has its foundational roots in NYC and was just not pushed forward just by African Americans but Puertorican latinos as well.

Definitely big differrence between "a" and "er".

sigh it's all so tiresome. They didn't use the word so what is all this about. Someone is spooked by letters on a wall that have multiple interpretations. Hard r also refers to movies so how did the motive hunters figure out these guys were encoding n words

We have to stop letting the press set the frame. The response to this should have been there is no slur in the game, ahem, kindly fuck off and enjoy our game or don't

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I can't remember what film it was, maybe "Boys in the Hood" or Straight out of Compton; that word was used so many times; it was like a common greeting or statement between people.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I can't remember what film it was, maybe "Boys in the Hood" or Straight out of Compton; that word was used so many times; it was like a common greeting or statement between people.
yeah it's incredibly common here in the southside too. you can practically get away with saying nigga in every sentence ( if your black lmao ) . I cringe so hard every time white people speak on this word bc it's not like it has anything to do with them in the first place.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw