Stray : Review Thread

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Stray is a very cool work of art. I enjoyed it a lot.

It’s a chill 6 hour adventure as a cat through a gorgeous cyberpunk world with excellent music.

- The cat is incredibly well animated. Moves and acts just like a real cat.
- Beautiful art direction, especially the way they used lighting. It’s a mood.
- Design is a good execution of its concept - you play as a cat. Solid core mechanics.
- Thankfully avoids having too much “combat“ or collectible chasing. No leveling, etc.
- Puzzles were interesting, quick and intuitive enough. Exploring the scenery was cool.
- Well paced story. Just enough intrigue, tension, and character. Strong opening and ending.
- Bit over reliant on text pop ups.
- High level of fidelity, especially for an indie.
- Played on PS5. 4K60, good controls, loads very quick. Just a 7 GB install.
Certainly makes you feel like Batman

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
2509579_0.jpg

Physical edition of Stray launches at No.3 | UK Boxed Charts​

Reactions: Sircaw

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I got bored of that game fast. I know it's short but damn. They could have made it more interesting.

It was an amazing game, played 100% to the end. Story is great, and by the end I was getting tears in my eyes.

Just not a game for you. It's similar to a point and click adventure game only it has free roam and exploration.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It was an amazing game, played 100% to the end. Story is great, and by the end I was getting tears in my eyes.

Just not a game for you. It's similar to a point and click adventure game only it has free roam and exploration.
Same.

The pacing is perfect. The story is great (I almost had tears at the ending). The visuals are fantastic. The music was amazing. The platforming is fun. What's not to like.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

AlEddie

22 Sep 2022

So the game is more of a telltale type game? I was thinking about giving it a shot, looked like a fun city to explore.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So the game is more of a telltale type game? I was thinking about giving it a shot, looked like a fun city to explore.

It’s is. Telltale are linear. This is not linear, it’s got lots of large areas to explore and find things. Story is great, world is great. It’s a fantastic game.

AlEddie

22 Sep 2022
It’s is. Telltale are linear. This is not linear, it’s got lots of large areas to explore and find things. Story is great, world is great. It’s a fantastic game.
Awesome, hard to not to give it a try with that glowing review

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nah, I mean it's less interactive I guess than other games but nah u have free movement and isn't like Telltale.I dislike telltale games but enjoyed this.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Deleted member 13
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Agreed same here.

Got bored and didn’t finish it.

Biggest gripe was the lack of platforming.

For all the talk about playing as a cat yet all I was doing was simply pressing X again and again.
Usually you platforming with X - jump button, no? That's what normal people do in platforming games. You are exception - you use telekinesis 🤣

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Usually you platforming with X - jump button, no? That's what normal people do in platforming games. You are exception - you use telekinesis 🤣

What platforming games have you played?

Normal people just press X in platforming games simply when prompted without the use of the analog stick to control which direction you are going?

My point was Stray literally kills the whole vibe of playing as a cat cause of the button prompts and the lack of platforming.

It's actually more a point and click adventure than a platformer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s 100% a point and click adventure. It’s why I like it.