Stray : Review Thread

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Played for maybe an hour on ps5.
Looks great and the music/vibe is good.
I know it's an indie game but lack of any HDR is such a miss ;/
and the game is very hand holdy so far. the press "x" is getting boring already.
BUt I dig the atmosphere. I will play it more... just not today. I am to tired to something like this now. Makes me want to go to sleep :p
The "press X until you go nuts" is probably there to keep your cat accidentally falling from great heights, or places you're not supposed to be. The game will force you to play slowly that way, admire everything :cool:

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
As reference, As Dusk Falls (also released yesterday but in Gamepass):
  • Top 56 in Steam top sellers
  • 24 Steam user reviews (95.83% positive)
  • 198 all-time Steam concurrent users peak
  • 45,953 all-time Twitch viewers peak
  • Metacritic: 77 Xbox, 79 PC
  • Opencritic: 77 critic average, 74% critics recommend
As Dusk Flops is the lowest concurrent users l have ever seen for a 1st party game 🤣

It's not even an indie because it's published by Microsoft. They promoted it a lot on their showcases and channels but no one cares. The audience for those games are on PlayStation (it would flop anyway but not as hard).

Reactions: Deleted member 38

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m actually expecting this to be quite a hit. My wife does not like games at all whatsoever, to where I negotiate all my game time… however, she texted me a week before release about this game because it reached some media outlet she’d read and was like “can we play this.”

And then I remember what kind of industry juggernaut Nintendogs was…

Sure this isn’t a virtual pet simulator like Nintendogs or tomagotchi or whatever the kids do these days…

But I wouldn’t be shocked if this game somehow managed to bring in a hefty amount of female gamers into the fold.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
As Dusk Flops is the lowest concurrent users l have ever seen for a 1st party game 🤣

It's not even an indie because it's published by Microsoft. They promoted it a lot on their showcases and channels but no one cares. The audience for those games are on PlayStation (it would flop anyway but not as hard).

The game can flop and still be good. Seems like it's a good game, which is all that should matter for gamers. I for one don't give two shits if a game sells well or poorly, I just want it to be good.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
sounds great, performance issues(pc) will keep me from getting it now but for sure when they fix it some.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I only have to complete the last 3 chapters now. The game is great so far. Love the world building, the insane visuals (hard to me to call this an indie), music, level design and pacing. One of the best indie games I played this year, probably the best. This team has super talented devs, if I was Hermen I'd acquire them, I'd hire them for a 2nd party game or something.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
DF verdict is up.

-PS5 is the best place to play.
-PS4 is second place.
-PC ("but what's up with PC?") is by and far the worst version with serious performance hitches affecting the Only the PC version most frequently.

where's our resident spurned Xbox fan-turned-PC-tech-wizard (once all the Xbox exclusives were lost) @DynamiteCop ?

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
DF verdict is up.

-PS5 is the best place to play.
-PS4 is second place.
-PC ("but what's up with PC?") is by and far the worst version with serious performance hitches affecting the Only the PC version most frequently.

where's our resident spurned Xbox fan-turned-PC-tech-wizard (once all the Xbox exclusives were lost) @DynamiteCop ?
I've always been a PC gamer, and my game runs fine. I couldn't care less what they're saying, they don't have mu configuration.

• haha
Reactions: Swift_Star
D

Deleted member 13

I'm not having any issues on my Steam Deck. I'm going to load up the game on my main PC.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The "press X until you go nuts" is probably there to keep your cat accidentally falling from great heights, or places you're not supposed to be. The game will force you to play slowly that way, admire everything :cool:
for some reason when you say press x, it reminds me of a cross hair and we all know what a crosshair reminds of us.

get down kittens GIF

D

Deleted member 13

Loaded it up on my PC.

Stuttering was seen at the beginning of the game for a second. After that, I went to another room and I saw it stutter quickly there. After that, I didn't get any stutter anymore.

I think my PC is fast enough that the stuttering isn't an issue but I can imagine people with lower end systems having stuttering issues.

Reactions: Cragarmi

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Loaded it up on my PC.

Stuttering was seen at the beginning of the game for a second. After that, I went to another room and I saw it stutter quickly there. After that, I didn't get any stutter anymore.

I think my PC is fast enough that the stuttering isn't an issue but I can imagine people with lower end systems having stuttering issues.
ps5 no stutter, wins the generation. :whistle:

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13