Suggestions for the site

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I will see if I can increase image size tonight.

I'll also look into the Sonic face! Might need some alteration.
Thanks.

Sonic also works in yellow too, to carry the pikachu meme idea. If he doesn't end up looking too much like a yellow star at those tiny dimensions, I mean. If it looks good, maybe have a vote between two Sonic colors lol.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
How about a Politics section? :cool:
qNCHOO.gif

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Hmm.. Rather than ban people or overworking to report system, what about like a rantboard/structured debates board that doubles up as time-out jail where people can only post to that sub board when needing to calm down, but perhaps can't be banned if expressing something more spicy in that board (still on topic to games etc)? Or on smaller scale, a Debates OT and a Rants OT?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bryank75

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Can we make the embedded tweet links longer, so that we don't have to press show more to read them fully?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Could you make The Archives postable-in as Older Discussions or something?

Sometimes I take a flip around older discussions and find something I want to ask or respond to but "it's dead, Jim".

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Is there anything we can do to have like a community gaming/meme OT somewhere, like thst ABK meme thread?

I find sometimes the post box gif library backend doesn't have something, so it's off to Google images I go, and then I usually botch the posting of the gif upload somehow. Figure if there was a thread resource somewhere I'd just copy the working link over from there etc.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I think there should be a way to contest moderation action, it's pretty obvious that abusive moderation is creeping in as we can see in the Starfield thread where a user was promoted to mod (Sircaw) to impose only positive discussion around the game and it now deleting posts and sending private messages telling people what sort of things.

I also had a problem regarding the police of allowing thread titles that spoil games and was completely ignored over it, while users like Sircaw seem to get obvious preferential treatment.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think there should be a way to contest moderation action, it's pretty obvious that abusive moderation is creeping in as we can see in the Starfield thread where a user was promoted to mod (Sircaw) to impose only positive discussion around the game and it now deleting posts and sending private messages telling people what sort of things.

I also had a problem regarding the police of allowing thread titles that spoil games and was completely ignored over it, while users like Sircaw seem to get obvious preferential treatment.
Dude just make your own thread

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
A credit system for reactions. If someone is constantly receiving positive reactions it should count, same with negative.

Would take simplifying the reactions but I think that’s good. A can bet some percentage of posts are being lost to users opting to react instead. Maybe consider boiling it down to a version of ye or nay. If someone wants to react more creatively then they can quote it, which helps engagement.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022

Lol. Is this for real?

Although an OT for Meta discussions is a good idea. When I was on NeoGAF they had one (Don't know if they still do) which was handy to ask about things like what happened to a missing user or to discuss mod actions. They also have one on Dpad, but for some reason it's more of a dear diary OT there and questions about moderation are frowned upon. But having one here might be a good idea.