The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
and that's exactly the problem, why purchasing a studio without even seeing the commercial performance of their title? Concord is now having Destruction AllStars numbers and Firewalk run the risk of being entirely shut down, that was NOT a great vision and NOT a great leadership choice

Yall the same folks whining about Sony only focusing on tentpole series? How dare they gamble on a new IP, how dare they give believe in a group of creatives to deliver their own IP? Let me catch one of yall sending strays to horizon i swear :ROFLMAO:

Also, you would make a horrible businessman.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
they released the game as a multiplatform title across PC and PlayStation, they had to be prepared for anything, specially knowing these audiences. having server limitations for WEEKS after the game's release gave them one of their most controversial events in the history of the brand eventually with the account link limitation, they could've increased PSN MAU numbers by millions if the game was properly prepared for released and if they had real faith in the project
Helldivers 2 servers was a full fledged case of amateur hour.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yall the same folks whining about Sony only focusing on tentpole series? How dare they gamble on a new IP, how dare they give believe in a group of creatives to deliver their own IP? Let me catch one of yall sending strays to horizon i swear :ROFLMAO:

Also, you would make a horrible businessman.
what title would sell more controllers and consoles... Helldivers 2 or Concord? why even despite 12 million copies sold, being the fastest selling PlayStation title in history, Helldivers 2 has no console bundle, no limited edition controller... no marketing? you can't convince me this is a smart leadership choice, Hermen Hulst saw Concord and FairGame$ and found it amazing to a point of buying these studios, this concerns me 100%, even tho Concord is not bad, it's not even remotely close to the quality we tend to expect from PlayStation Studios titles, specially in character development, they believed in a group of "creatives" who copied Guardians of the Galaxy and Overwatch instead of believing in Arrowhead which did something actually more unique

Reactions: Puff

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
you're just circleying the point, acquiring this studio was a poor leadership choice in the first place, the game doesn't even have an identity, it's a poorly made copy of guardians of the galaxy, the characters have the charisma of a door
Great game... that's all that matters to me.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Helldivers 2 servers was a full fledged case of amateur hour.
they had no faith in the game, that's why, game still has no marketing til today... no console bundles... no limited edition controller... no nothing, it honestly surprises me how it still has more than 25k people playing it daily according to Steamdb

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
what title would sell more controllers and consoles... Helldivers 2 or Concord? why even despite 12 million copies sold, being the fastest selling PlayStation title in history, Helldivers 2 has no console bundle, no limited edition controller... no marketing? you can't convince me this is a smart leadership choice, Hermen Hulst saw Concord and FairGame$ and found it amazing to a point of buying these studios, this concerns me 100%, even tho Concord is not bad, it's not even remotely close to the quality we tend to expect from PlayStation Studios titles, specially in character development, they believed in a group of "creatives" who copied Guardians of the Galaxy and Overwatch instead of believing in Arrowhead which did something actually more unique
It's literally just a controller dawg.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
they had no faith in the game, that's why, game still has no marketing til today... no console bundles... no limited edition controller... no nothing, it honestly surprises me how it still has more than 25k people playing it daily according to Steamdb
Please apply to video game company for work and make them very very rich instead of complaining here via armchair business. It is a controller release, and you are in here acting like you understand the studio relations between sony, firewalk, and arrowhead.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's literally just a controller dawg.
no marketing, no console bundle, no limited edition controller... 12 million units sold, something is not clicking here, i know it hurts for y'all to admit the poor leadership choices playstation is having this gen, which resulted in a lacking 2024 first party wise, but c'mon, let's not be blind here

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Please apply to video game company for work and make them very very rich instead of complaining here via armchair business. It is a controller release, and you are in here acting like you understand the studio relations between sony, firewalk, and arrowhead.
i'll continue to complain here and confront blind people like you, because i know i'm right at the end of the day, there are no studio relations, Sony owns both IPs, they control what they make with the distribuition of it, not the studios

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
i know it hurts for y'all to admit the poor leadership choices playstation is having this gen
:ROFLMAO: ok buddy
i'll continue to complain here and confront blind people like you, because i know i'm right at the end of the day, there are no studio relations, Sony owns both IPs, they control what they make with the distribuition of it, not the studios
The only point you have made to me with these weirdly specific posts is that you are clearly autistic. Have a nice one.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
no marketing, no console bundle, no limited edition controller... 12 million units sold, something is not clicking here, i know it hurts for y'all to admit the poor leadership choices playstation is having this gen, which resulted in a lacking 2024 first party wise, but c'mon, let's not be blind here
What exactly is your point here?

Everybody in the industry wants to have a hit like Helldivers 2 and the less you put money to make it a hit better... it is the dream of every publisher... Sony did it and they are very happy with that and people are all praising them.

In another case if a game is not putting the world on fire and needs help in marketing... why a company should not invest it? I mean it is crazy the ideia you thing Sony should had used the more marketing money on Helldivers 2 (an stabilized franchise that sold itself) than a new IP (that needs a better marketing push).

That is why I don't understand your complain.
Usually companies have a big market budget to new games than already stabilized franchises.... unless that stabilized franchise see a big drop in sales that needs a help with a big marketing push (not Helldrivers 2 case at all).

Why are you comparing Helldivers 2 with Concord at all? They have nothing in common at all.
1st vs 3rd-party studio.
Sequel vs new IP.
FPS vs 3rd-person over the top game.

Maybe you think both similar is that they are $40 Live Service games? BTW That makes the whole only F2P is successful in today market to feel like a made up excuse lol

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Ico and Etifilio

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
The fact helldivers 2 exists shows way more trust since days gone 2 got canned and days gone sold better then helldivers 1.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
What exactly is your point here?

Everybody in the industry wants to have a hit like Helldivers 2 and the less you put money to make it a hit better... it is the dream of every publisher... Sony did it and they are very happy with that and people are all praising them.

In another case if a game is not putting the world on fire and needs help in marketing... why a company should not invest it? I mean it is crazy the ideia you thing Sony should had used the more marketing money on Helldivers 2 (an stabilized franchise that sold itself) than a new IP (that needs a better marketing push).

That is why I don't understand your complain.
Usually companies have a big market budget to new games than already stabilized franchises.... unless that stabilized franchise see a big drop in sales that needs a help with a big marketing push (not Helldrivers 2 case at all).

Why are you comparing Helldivers 2 with Concord at all? They have nothing in common at all.
Helldivers became more associated with PC than with PlayStation because of Sony themselfs, imagine having the biggest GAAs title of the year AND NOT FUCKING MARKETING IT? the same company who was complaining about losing marketing rights to Call Of Duty last year? you can't be real if you think this is smart, the question you should be having is why they're willing to spend millions and millions on a completely third party game like COD but are not willing to invest millions on a second party game in which they own the IP like Helldivers, that's the point here, 12 million units was an amazing achievement, but Helldivers 2 could've achieve even more with proper investment

AGAIN: SONY OWNS BOTH HELLDIVERS AND CONCORD IPS, it's not about studio ownership

Reactions: Umar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Helldivers became more associated with PC than with PlayStation because of Sony themselfs, imagine having the biggest GAAs title of the year AND NOT FUCKING MARKETING IT?
I not just imagine it as it is the dream of every single publisher / developer in the industry.

Creating a big GaaS title is already a hit and miss.
Creating a big GaaS title without having to invest too much in marketing?

Sony is just laughing right now about that.

Why that seems to be bad for you? I don't understand why having a big massive success with a GaaS title without investing in marketing is a bad thing? That is really a good thing to be fair because hows players loved your game... that players are coming to play your game without you need to show it to them... that is the best case scenario when you sell a product.

It is called the product sells itself.
And not invest several $ millions in marketing to sell it.

CiwyY_JWsAMHe44

Not all products needs a big push in marketing... in fact companies aim to not need to invest big in marketing.
Helldivers 2 is a case of study of successful product... something that others will try to replicate.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I not just imagine it as it is the dream of every single publisher / developer in the industry.

Creating a big GaaS title is already a hit and miss.
Creating a big GaaS title without having to invest too much in marketing?

Sony is just laughing right now about that.

Why that seems to be bad for you? I don't understand why having a big massive success with a GaaS title without investing in marketing is a bad thing? That is really a good thing to be fair because hows players loved your game... that players are coming to play your game without you need to show it to them.
because they could've grown their IP EVEN MORE with proper investment, having Helldivers 2 on every PlayStation 5 on the shelves of Wallmart, Target and Best Buy, creating hype and enthusiasm around the IP, having ads everywhere with Helldivers and PS5, specially in North America where the game has a very big playerbase, sell themed Helldivers 2 controllers to both the console and PC audience, the game is now dead in active players due to negligence from PlayStation themselfs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
because they could've grown their IP EVEN MORE with proper investment, having Helldivers 2 on every PlayStation 5 on the shelves of Wallmart, Target and Best Buy, creating hype and enthusiasm around the IP, having ads everywhere with Helldivers and PS5, specially in North America where the game has a very big playerbase, sell themed Helldivers 2 controllers to both the console and PC audience, the game is now dead in active players due to negligence from PlayStation themselfs
I agree they can sells themed products but that is not marketing.
These are products based in the IP... these products doesn't increase the game sales but instead it is another way to monetize using the IP success.

Now more ads I don't think it should help Helldivers 2 at all.
It will be a money lose with low impact in the sales.
Or better the amount of investment in marketing to increase just a little in sales is not worth of it... in this case it is better to work with the game selling itself.
Now if you have a product with low sales and can thought marketing investment make it sell well the return is better... you can even end having a successful and high profitable product.