The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Nah fuck that, I'm still mad on this whole idea of condensing to one thread. It hits the ear all wrong, imo. Can we trial a game rant sub board at least?
As it has already been stated in the OT,

If something really important and relevant comes up in the realm of criticising Sony for doing something silly, it will get its own singular post; other than that, the usual "The Sky Are Falling posts that have been discussed a thousand times" will be put here.

Nothing stops people from making critical threads about Sony as long as it has not already been discussed a thousand times.

I am unsure why people are missing or glossing over this point; it's extremely clear in my post.

Negativity drives away new users, and we have lost a lot of people due to this.

We want more discussion focused in and around games and the hobby we are meant to all love.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I just want to thank the mods for keeping all of the hysterical chicken littling contained in one cesspit. The stench had spread across the forum for far too long.

The difference between this and Xbox is dying threads is - wait for it - that Xbox is dying while PlayStation is having its most successful generation ever.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just want to thank the mods for keeping all of the hysterical chicken littling contained in one cesspit. The stench had spread across the forum for far too long.

The difference between this and Xbox is dying threads is - wait for it - that Xbox is dying while PlayStation is having its most successful generation ever.
@JAHGamer has sent me death threats because i made this thread.

Here is a message I received only this morning, I MEAN WTF.

Frying Pan Cooking GIF by Storyful

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sony keeps copying Xbox, so it's only a matter of time.

@JAHGamer has sent me death threats because i made this thread.

Here is a message I received only this morning, I MEAN WTF.

Frying Pan Cooking GIF by Storyful
thanks for reminding me, I should get a fishing rod on a prime day sale.

• sad
  • haha
Reactions: Diah and Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Seems like someone couldn't take a joke and banned me for pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of his ways. Prime example of mall cop syndrome and once again he shows his true colors.

So, am I supposed to post here exclusively now? 😂
Hey, maybe this guy should get banned too.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Seems like someone couldn't take a joke and banned me for pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of his ways. Prime example of mall cop syndrome and once again he shows his true colors.

Ngl you are a habitual line stepper and go out of your way to continually antagonize the mods. You were already lucky to escape a perm idk what your problem is, 95% of them are you escalating when there was no reason to

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Ngl you are a habitual line stepper and go out of your way to continually antagonize the mods. You were already lucky to escape a perm idk what your problem is, 95% of them are you escalating when there was no reason to
Maybe that is what happens to people that keep getting banned for no reason. It's ridiculous that being dissatisfied with Sony on some issues is seen here and a banable offense, but It's not surprising when you consider that immature fanboys that can't handle to see Sony being criticized are taken seriously.

I appreciate the intention that Bryank75 had when creating this board but in the end it just turned into a PlayStation leaning variant of Resetera/Neogaf with the same abusive mod behaviors being tolerated by most users that are ok bending the knee and walking on eggshells as long as they are not the ones having to deal with these mods.

There is no difference to how people more critical of PlayStation are treated here and how people critical of Xbox were treated in these other boards a few years ago.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Maybe that is what happens to people that keep getting banned for no reason. It's ridiculous that being dissatisfied with Sony on some issues is seen here and a banable offense, but It's not surprising when you consider that immature fanboys that can't handle to see Sony being criticized are taken seriously.

I appreciate the intention that Bryank75 had when creating this board but in the end it just turned into a PlayStation leaning variant of Resetera/Neogaf with the same abusive mod behaviors being tolerated by most users that are ok bending the knee and walking on eggshells as long as they are not the ones having to deal with these mods.

There is no difference to how people more critical of PlayStation are treated here and how people critical of Xbox were treated in these other boards a few years ago.
Lmao. You really want permed. Just relax. You been brought back from death so many times...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Bro stop, that's just false. If that was the case, me, you, @Etifilio and @Neversummer would've been permbanned a long time ago

This site does have a few corporate slave idiots that get offended when you diss Sony, but the mods aren't that.

I want you to stick around but this simply isn't true, you don't get banned for being dissatisfied with Sony, you get banned for constantly provoking a mod 😂😂

Cmon now, be for real. Just relax and stop looking for trouble and there won't be any issues.

Mods have given you 12019312 chances, if they wanted you gone, you would've been gone months ago.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Remember, @Nhomnhom, you are on your very very last chance; I really, really suggest letting it go!

I am happy to call this a clean slate so we can start over again.

Please don't continue to be argumentative; I let you back early from your ban so you can contribute to the forum.

Let's broker a peace deal and move on.

the balls in your court.

Tennis Swing GIF by Challengers Movie

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Remember, @Nhomnhom, you are on your very very last chance; I really, really suggest letting it go!

Please don't continue to be argumentative; I let you back early from your ban so you can contribute to the forum.

the balls in your court.
No point in a clean slate when I know very well you'll go back to your old ways again pretty soon. Banning people over some silly reason.

The way I post is either ok for this discussion board or it isn't (and same goes for many other users), we shouldn't have to suck up to you or mold what we say to suit what you want. This board is what it is and if some people have a more negative view of what Sony is doing so be it, time will tell who is right.

This type of attempt to control the narrative is precisely what was happening in these other boards in regards to Xbox but reality ultimately prevailed. If doomers are wrong they'll be proven wrong over time. If people lack faith in Sony it's their problem to solve not a problem for moderators to solve.

I think it's pretty telling that even many founders of this board aren't posting anymore and I don't think doomers did that. The lack of enthusiasms around the PlayStation console is obvious everywhere. Doomers are a side-effect not the core issue.

• haha
Reactions: voke

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

the balls in your court.

Tennis Swing GIF by Challengers Movie
see @Nhomnhom there are no issues...now lets just all be civil and move on

• Cerny
Reactions: Nhomnhom

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

My goat delivered 100% with this post 🤣

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
No point in a clean slate when I know very well you'll go back to your old ways again pretty soon. Banning people over some silly reason.

The way I post is either ok for this discussion board or it isn't (and same goes for many other users), we shouldn't have to suck up to you or mold what we say to suit what you want. This board is what it is and if some people have a more negative view of what Sony is doing so be it, time will tell who is right.

This type of attempt to control the narrative is precisely what was happening in these other boards in regards to Xbox but reality ultimately prevailed. If doomers are wrong they'll be proven wrong over time. If people lack faith in Sony it's their problem to solve not a problem for moderators to solve.

I think it's pretty telling that even many founders of this board aren't posting anymore and I don't think doomers did that. The lack of enthusiasms around the PlayStation console is obvious everywhere. Doomers are a side-effect not the core issue.
Grow up. I've stood up for you many times but this time you have purposely went out of your way to start an issue with a mod, for no reason. You even asked to be perm banned and he didn't even ban you account.

Just stop, literally nothing has changed on this forum since this thread has beenad outside of consolidating a few opinions that center around the same Sony is a fuck up rhetoric that doesn't need its own thread.

It's a forum, stop taking it so seriously, you're a grown ass man

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

damn you died again. Lets see if you get revied again.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Dang didn't even realize he's gone 🫣
Unfortunately, last night was the final straw.

I was happy to let things go, but as soon as he was back, he was dirting up other threads and calling me or the mods out.

He just would not listen to basic reasoning.

Hopefully, he will find another community where he can fit in.
damn you died again. Lets see if you get revied again.
This time he is staying Dead.

I have learnt my lesson.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 1000 times, shame on me.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Finally. Don't care about other places and bans "in regards to Xbox" bla bla bla. All threads have been riddled with show ignored content for me because of that guy and some like him so good riddance.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw and Muddasar