The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I wouldn't say they had no trust in Helldivers 2, they supported it for 8 years and no one expected it to be as big as it is.

But they do have WAY too much trust in trash ass Concord. Idk what these bozos were thinking.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How many people are still playing Helldivers compared to its peak?
We don't know it, but it's enough to become the top 5 game with the biggest weekly active userbase in PC for USA according to Circana.

shows how lost they are and how little they know about their own audience, Helldivers 2 was released with server limitations, they had no faith in the commercial success of that title, but they had absolute expectations for Concord, the level of investment already shows... still, you'll see people here saying the people in charge of this brand knows exactly what they're doing, but the question is, do they?
Concord devs are an internal studio and they did work on games like Halo, Destiny or CoD. While Helldivers 2 devs didn't have that pedigree at all.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
The game is the best selling one of the year and the best selling game in North America.... I mean what more should they do? it's gonna end the year with over 15+ million in sales lmao... please stop.
market the game? have console bundles? make themed controllers that would actually sell? yeah, so crazy to demand the bare minimum

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Concord devs are an internal studio and they did work on games like Halo, Destiny or CoD. While Helldivers 2 devs didn't have that pedigree at all.
and? that just shows how little confidence they had in Arrowhead to release a commercial success, despite the devs of Concord being experient in other titles, Concord itself is flopping more than Destruction AllStars...

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I wouldn't say they had no trust in Helldivers 2, they supported it for 8 years and no one expected it to be as big as it is.

But they do have WAY too much trust in trash ass Concord. Idk what these bozos were thinking.
they had no trust in the commercial success of it, of course they had trust in the game otherwise they wouldn't have funded it

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Man, Nintendo must really not have any faith in BotW, look how much they are putting into Mario Odyssey.

Man, Blizzard must really have no faith in WoW, look how much they are putting into Overwatch.

Man, Bethesda must really have no faith in TES, look how much they are putting into Fallout 3.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
and? that just shows how little confidence they had in Arrowhead to release a commercial success, despite the devs of Concord being experient in other titles, Concord itself is flopping more than Destruction AllStars...
If Sony wouldn't have been confident with Helldivers 2 Hermen wouldn't have allowed them to have a 5 years long delay. Sony spent way more money on them than they originally planned, while the average publisher would have cancelled the game instead.

And well, nobody has a crystall ball. Nobody expected Helldivers 2 to be that successful. Pretty likely they expected a moderate success like a bit better than the previous one.

Helldivers 2 was one in a million lucky jackpot, not something companies can do on purpose. Their CEO said that as they saw the huge success they changed their post-launch plans to scale them up, and they are working on it.

I don't know what yoo ask them to do other than what they are already doing.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
market the game? have console bundles? make themed controllers that would actually sell? yeah, so crazy to demand the bare minimum
So if the game wasn't marketed how didn't anyone know about it? Sony rarely does console bundles unless the game is a true console exclusive. Either way you're grasping at straws here as the game has already sold well enough and made a shit ton of money

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… or helldivers massive success made them realize that they should market these games?

Helldivers had pitiful YouTube trailer only marketing until launch and player clips took over gaming tiktok and X feeds.

And as I can be found saying before Helldivers launch… gaas doesn’t need the same kinda marketing … they can do the shadow drops. It’s all about the gameplay and catching thsg lightning in the bottle and players will do it for you. It’s why most fail… you could’ve spent 10x the marketing budget on suicide squad and still sold nothing.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
The thread is fine! You can simply ignore it
And why you haven't ignored it too? Right. It is not fine. Concord is an upcoming game. Of course publisher will start to market a game. Helldivers 2 sold in huge amount of copies. Only what can hold Helldivers 2 above the water is constantly added content, not marketing A new content is coming in 2 weeks. And OP is claiming Sony has no trust in Helldivers 2. That's bullshit. So, thread isn't fine, it is doom and gloom and posts should be relocated to other thread. @Sircaw

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: peter42O

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
And why you haven't ignored it too? Right. It is not fine. Concord is an upcoming game. Of course publisher will start to market a game. Helldivers 2 sold in huge amount of copies. Only what can hold Helldivers 2 above the water is constantly added content, not marketing A new content is coming in 2 weeks. And OP is claiming Sony has no trust in Helldivers 2. That's bullshit. So, thread isn't fine, it is doom and gloom and posts should be relocated to other thread. @Sircaw
I don't have an issue with the thread? So I didn't ignore it? It's not a doom and gloom thread. Is it a dumb thread? Absolutely lol.

But trying to control discussions here isn't the way to go about it. Again you could have ignored the thread instead of bumping it back to the top of the page twice now.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
So I guess only certain people on this site can make threads? My Concord thread was closed for lack of substance, meanwhile this thread has absolutely no substance.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The thread has been moved here, feel free to continue you the discussion in here.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So I guess only certain people on this site can make threads? My Concord thread was closed for lack of substance, meanwhile this thread has absolutely no substance.
You are more than welcome to make your own threads but remember to put some effort into them if you do, as they are uploaded to Twitter/x.

We usually lock or move low-quality threads or to the community section or archives as we need to have some sort of quality control.

Thanks.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I rate this shitpost 10/10 , we need more shitposts. People here take their games too seriously, shitting on games is half of the fun come on guys