The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This is what you were talking about? I thought it was about NPD sales or something.

There’s nothing to doom about with the Bungie news. If anything it’s good that Sony has full control now.

Everything is doom and gloom for Sony these days, even the good news. It is impossible to tell.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
G3pIzqZ.jpeg

RZZ4juz.jpeg

Seriously, Sony is it's own worst enemy right now.

They will block those games. Come on now.

They’ve done it before.
Yep

Also when Valve start going into “console/living room” like they did hybrid PC/Handheld. 3rd party compaies are gonna make these hybrid consoles that can play windows store, steam, epic etc.

Probably at this time, PS will go back to just releasing on there platform

Reactions: On Demand

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
G3pIzqZ.jpeg

RZZ4juz.jpeg

Seriously, Sony is it's own worst enemy right now.
Crazy how y'all care so much what idiots think. Xbox fans are the same ones who said Series S was gonna wipe the PS5 off the shelves back to the factories... We need to stop bringing their nonsense here

• they're_right_you_know
  • brain
Reactions: Kokoloko and voke

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@Luffy123
I know people find H.H.G annoying, but there is no denying that he's getting that bread and networking going.
He REALLY knows a lot of people in the Tech + VG and Music industry, damn!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Luffy123

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
this guy has me in tears man how does he have these connections
@Luffy123
I know people find H.H.G annoying, but there is no denying that he's getting that bread and networking going.
He REALLY knows a lot of people in the Tech + VG and Music industry, damn!
Don't disrespect the goat....he's literally the only good gaming journalist we have.

And he works for Hot97, a large radio station, so he gets a lot of connections through that. He's been in the gaming space for decades, everyone respects him

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's very likely that almost all of the acquisitions Jim/Hermen made will be absolute disasters 😂 But some "people" here tried to gaslight us into thinking they were good leaders 🤡The only good acquisitions were Housemarque and Bluepoint, and those acquisitions followed the blueprint of previous PS acquisitions. Unlike the rest of the turds.

Haven - GAAS junk and acquired before any game has been released
Firewalk - GAAS junk and acquired before game has been released
Neon Koi - Mobile junk and acquired before any game has been released
Savage - Mobile junk and acquired before any game has been released
Bungie - GAAS junk and waste of 3.7 billion dollars, shortsighted knee jerk reaction to ABK, SIE resources being wasted on Xbox development.
Nixxes - beyond worthless for console owners and provides negative value to SIE
Nixxes - Disaster
Bungie - Super Disaster
Firewalk - EXTREME Disaster

Neon Koi - no one cares about mobile, shouldn't have been bought by SIE
Savage - no one cares about mobile, shouldn't have been bought by SIE
Haven - Hermen's last hope, if Fairgame$ performs like Flopcord then his worthless ass is definitely getting the axe

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
It's very likely that almost all of the acquisitions Jim/Hermen made will be absolute disasters 😂 But some "people" here tried to gaslight us into thinking they were good leaders 🤡The only good acquisitions were Housemarque and Bluepoint, and those acquisitions followed the blueprint of previous PS acquisitions. Unlike the rest of the turds.

Nixxes - Disaster
Bungie - Super Disaster
Firewalk - EXTREME Disaster

Neon Koi - no one cares about mobile, shouldn't have been bought by SIE
Savage - no one cares about mobile, shouldn't have been bought by SIE
Haven - Hermen's last hope, if Fairgame$ performs like Flopcord then his worthless ass is definitely getting the axe
Pretty good but I'm gonna doom and gloom even more. Housemarque they lost Harry Krueger last year so who knows when we'll see their next game and Bluepoint is really suspicious that they're considered a partner studio like Valkyrie and Nixxes. So no good acquisitions at all potentially.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Pretty good but I'm gonna doom and gloom even more. Housemarque they lost Harry Krueger last year so who knows when we'll see their next game and Bluepoint is really suspicious that they're considered a partner studio like Valkyrie and Nixxes. So no good acquisitions at all potentially.
Eh, studios can easily outlive their originals founders/directors and still continue to thrive, it happens all the time. I loved Returnal but you might be right that it's too soon to call them good acquisitions. We'll see, I can see Hermen going in and ruining these studios like how he's ruined the development pipeline of every other 1st party....

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
How is the doom? And the gloom?

I expect this thread to be far less popular when Astrobot releases.
The doom/gloom is still rising.... I'm excited for Astro Bot, but it's not enough, neither is the PS5 Pro. Constant PC ports of everything have killed the excitement for a pro and GTA 6 is the only reason I'd get one, which is really sad. The only known releases we have for the rest of the year are Concord, which is trash, Lego Horizon, which is day 1 on PC/Switch, and Astro Bot, which will be a GOTY contender. After 2023 only having Spider-Man 2, it's not good at all, and this'll be another year with more PC ports than 1st party games.

And it doesn't look like things will get better. We're about to go into year 5 of the PS5 and Naughty Dog and Santa Monica games are nowhere near releasing. Returnal is literally the only new single player IP..... this gen is nothing but sequels and gaas 😒 I enjoy sequels but the PS4 had several new IP out by this point. All the while, they're investing more and more in cloud, pc, subscription services, mobile, and gaas. Jim/Hermen really had no idea what they were doing, they've been able to coast off work from the previous administrations which made them look like they were doing good work to the fools. And in turn, those fools have been trying to gaslight the rest of us that can clearly see what's going on. Speaking these objective truths is deemed "doom and gloom" by these same chumps. Xbox being so horrible made people not truly realize how poor this gen actually has been for PlayStation.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Knowing Sony, not only will they need to create a PSN account, they may have to subscribe to PS Plus just to play the games lol.
And Playstatuin will probably stop porting to Steam when they will have living room “console” too. Sony just doesnt know it yet lol.

3rd party are gonna make these pc/console hybrids that play windows, steam, epic etc. Just like they started to make Steamdeck clones. Would be dumb for Playstation to carry on porting at that point

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Nowadays PS games can’t even be brought back without the mention of bringing them back to release it for PC. It’s as a game can’t be revive or remake solely for the PS & be successful on PS alone. PS is starting to get the same distinction as Xbox & it’s only gonna get worse with more ports to PC & more “spinoff/experimental” games like Lego.

It’s honestly great to see Nintendo double down on there console & studios so they can make multiple games per year. Nintendo output for the last 5 years been a minimum of 5-10 Nintendo games using there own ip. And with job leaks they seem to be partnering with Bandai Namco to further produce more true exclusive games for its console.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Moved here, and this has been discussed a million times in one form or another.

And it's simple logic, if a remaster, is made, that,people on PC would want to play it there, too; Bloodborne is one of the greatest games ever created.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The doom/gloom is still rising.... I'm excited for Astro Bot, but it's not enough, neither is the PS5 Pro. Constant PC ports of everything have killed the excitement for a pro and GTA 6 is the only reason I'd get one, which is really sad. The only known releases we have for the rest of the year are Concord, which is trash, Lego Horizon, which is day 1 on PC/Switch, and Astro Bot, which will be a GOTY contender. After 2023 only having Spider-Man 2, it's not good at all, and this'll be another year with more PC ports than 1st party games.

And it doesn't look like things will get better. We're about to go into year 5 of the PS5 and Naughty Dog and Santa Monica games are nowhere near releasing. Returnal is literally the only new single player IP..... this gen is nothing but sequels and gaas 😒 I enjoy sequels but the PS4 had several new IP out by this point. All the while, they're investing more and more in cloud, pc, subscription services, mobile, and gaas. Jim/Hermen really had no idea what they were doing, they've been able to coast off work from the previous administrations which made them look like they were doing good work to the fools. And in turn, those fools have been trying to gaslight the rest of us that can clearly see what's going on. Speaking these objective truths is deemed "doom and gloom" by these same chumps. Xbox being so horrible made people not truly realize how poor this gen actually has been for PlayStation.
tom hardy bane GIF

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

Why would PC ports of games kill excitement for the PlayStation 5 Pro if you're a console gamer? If you don't play on PC and have no intention on doing so, what does it matter if PC gets Sony's games months/years later? And even if you do, are you willing to wait for them? If not, again, I don't see how this matters from a personal standpoint.

Game wise, Concord looks like it will bomb badly but Lego Horizon Adventure will probably be a pretty good game. Is it due to being on PC/Switch day one that you're not interested in it? Because honestly, that makes no sense. Switch will be the inferior version and unless you already have or are willing to spend thousands of dollars buying a PC for the superior version, I don't see the issue here. It's a Lego game and will probably sell best on Switch which is why it's releasing there.

Astro Bot will be excellent but here's a question for you - you say that it's GOTY contender and let's say that it will legitimately be just that. If it somehow gets ported to PC in let's say, six months, does that all of a sudden negate it from being a 2024 GOTY contender?

2023 also had MLB The Show 23 just like this year but if you're talking about true exclusives meaning no port for PC/other consoles, then yeah, it was just Spider Man 2 which isn't going to stay that way forever and yet, it was still an excellent game to close out the year.

While it's taking Naughty Dog a little longer than expected to release their first new game for PlayStation 5, Santa Monica did release God of War Ragnarok in November 2022. Barlog has his new IP that he's working on and I wouldn't be surprised if we all see it sooner rather than later. As for lack of new IP's, Sony has already had four of them released thus far with a fifth coming out in two weeks. PlayStation 4 had new IP's but not as many as people want to believe. Guerrilla Games gave you Horizon and Sucker Punch gave you Tsushima. Other than that, it's basically the same as this generation thus far - a few new IP's from studios that they don't own. Days Gone was the only other true new IP from Sony's internal studios. If you want to include dead studios like Japan Studio, then you can add Knack but Astro Bot evens that out.

In general, PlayStation 5 has already surpassed PlayStation 4 in the same time period and for me personally, it's not even close. Reason why there's more sequels is actually simple - you got new IP's last generation like Horizon and Tsushima among others which is why you're getting sequels. Look at PlayStation 3 where there were a lot of new IP's and less new IP's during PlayStation 4 because after building a new IP, the preference is to always turn it into a franchise.

Sony should be investing in Cloud because it's the future, PC for them is an untapped market that they can make a lot of revenue off of because gamers especially hardcore aren't jumping to an inferior experience on console, subscriptions is great for companies because it's basiclaly guaranteed revenue on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis so it makes sense to grow it, mobile IS the biggest money maker in gaming by far so if Sony can get a major hit or two here, that will greatly increase their revenue and in turn, profit which in turn allows them to give you more stuff. As for live service games, looking at the top 20 games on Sony/Microsoft platforms, majority are basically live service games/free to play/sports games because that's what the majority of gamers are playing. So while Microsoft has the live service shit down pat and a ton of them making a shit ton of revenue, Sony wants to have a few of their own for the same reasons.

Jim Ryan was always a pure business man and he made business decisions which is exactly what the two co-CEO's will end up doing as they all do. There's no actual doom and gloom whatsoever by PlayStation fans. It's more from those who are still living in 1995 thinking gaming is exactly the same when in reality it's not and even worse, don't realize that even their favorite company values money over their fan base because they know, you're not going anywhere and even if you do, doesn't matter because they'll easily replace you.

Forget Xbox whatsoever, I don't know how you see this generation as being poor for Sony and PlayStation when they've been breaking records and more successful than ever before in an industry that's more expensive and competitive than ever before.

Like seriously, I realise that it's not that there's any doom and gloom, it's that a lot of you guys just are never happy and instead of playing games that you want to play, a lot of you would much rather bitch about what Sony is doing which none of you can do a God damn fucking thing about in the first place. It's like, play the fucking games that you want to play where you want to play them (which for almost all of you is PlayStation) and enjoy them instead of worrying about what the company is or isn't doing because no company is going to listen to nutjobs on forums and twitter. Every company is going to do what they want to do and that's it.

As an Xbox fan here who had a temper tantrum months ago and simply let it all go, im enjoying gaming way more than I did before because there's no valid reason to care about what any company does or doesn't do when you can't control any of it. There's no point as you're just wasting your time which could be better spent in many different ways including playing games.

Nothing personal or anything. To each their own but I just don't understand or see how anyone who owns a PlayStation 5 be unhappy with their purchase and the games they've gotten in the first half of this generation. Last generation, out of the games I played and completed, I didn't have an 8.0/10 first party game until 2016 and I didn't have a 9.0/10 first party game until 2017 yet with this generation, in the first four years, I have surpassed all of that already with PlayStation 5 and it's not even close.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke