The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It's clear that this game is going to be dead within a year. Sony should make this free to play in an attempt to salvage it
Making it F2P last minute would be such a bad look. It makes the studio & Sony look like they don’t have trust in Concord which they don’t. Idk why they announce concord to be price at $40 knowing almost the entire pvp market is F2P. Outside Sony wanting PS players on PS console requiring PS+ & not PC just by that greed & just absolute oblivious decision I hope this game bombs

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Making it F2P last minute would be such a bad look. It makes the studio & Sony look like they don’t have trust in Concord which they don’t. Idk why they announce concord to be price at $40 knowing almost the entire pvp market is F2P. Outside Sony wanting PS players on PS console requiring PS+ & not PC just by that greed & just absolute oblivious decision I hope this game bombs
$40 for all future content and no battle passes is now considered greed?

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If resetera reflected the real world, hogwarts legacy would have not sold over 20 million copies.
Yes because that's the only place I mentioned, your response gave me the answer I needed tho..you're here arguing in bad faith... *Pretends to be shocked*

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
$40 for all future content and no battle passes is now considered greed?
I dont mind either model, but the classic pay and get everything is never a bad thing. So Im good with this.

TBH Im not too surprised seeing people who normally dislike F2P models (alot of PS fans), all a sudden ask for Concord to be F2P…

Im glad Sony is starting to put games like HD2, Astrobot and Concord all less than £70. Ratchet and Clank and returnal should of both been less than £70, not that they dont deserve it, but they would be recieved better

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
can you share those 100% sources that there was non? i want to read.
Im guessing if there was bots, they wouldnt have normal PSN names?
Matches would be almost instant and if people dropped out they would be filled in with a bot. Which I dont think there was any bots. Something they should do for single player too

Last edited:

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Yes because that's the only place I mentioned, your response gave me the answer I needed tho..you're here arguing in bad faith... *Pretends to be shocked*
Look, I really don't care about this game at all. But you have not said a damn thing about the points I presented. You dismiss people that didn't play it, which is stupid because people are put off by it visually. They don't care to play because of that. Even if it's the best gameplay, people don't want it in these visuals.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I havent seen anyone mention playing a bot in the game. I dont think the game has any yet. Would be useful for a training mode
Kinda somewhat confirmed training mode will be PvE based on how they had described it

• Informative

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Kinda somewhat confirmed training mode will be PvE based on how they had described it
So probably bot matches? And maybe some training tasks and strategies. A bit like Valorant intro but more to do with the modes and how to your use characters moves on different circumstances?

What are the OW2 PVE levels like?

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Look, I really don't care about this game at all. But you have not said a damn thing about the points I presented. You dismiss people that didn't play it, which is stupid because people are put off by it visually. They don't care to play because of that. Even if it's the best gameplay, people don't want it in these visuals.
If you don't care why are you commenting? I haven't dismissed anyone not once. I've had tried to have countless rational and fair discussions the last two weeks. So don't come at me with this projection, which is exactly what you did to my previous post to you.

I'm not even the biggest fan on the characters designs, something that has been discussed over and over and over and OVER... in the beta thread... A thread we aren't even allowed to discuss the game rationally because people who refused to play it, has the most to say.

I have acknowledged many times the game is struggling and will probably struggle 🤣? However you claimed you haven't seen anyone spoken good about the game anywhere (that was your supposed point you claim I didn't address)... which is just straight up not true? I replied respectfully to you about where I've seen a lot of positive discussions and you replied with a sarcastic post attempting to dismiss what I said.

So, what are y'all getting out of regurgitating the same thing over and over about this?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So probably bot matches? And maybe some training tasks and strategies. A bit like Valorant into but more to do with the modes and how to your use characters moves on different circumstances?

What are the OW2 PVE levels like?
Well they did say training modes would be focused around learning how to use the characters and their abilities.

OW2 PvE is just linear objective team missions. Unfortunately the game never stuck with me much, so I'm probably not the best to describe it.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
people are put off by it visually. They don't care to play because of that. Even if it's the best gameplay, people don't want it in these visuals.
Which is fair.

I know a person (my brother lol) who wont play games like Stick it to the man or Flipping Death. Or a friend who won’t play Octopath or Triangle strategy because he hates the art style?

Funny enough I dont like alot of art styles but just tolerate it. I havent liked a Street Fighter art style since 3rd strike/ Capcom vs Snk. I havent liked the art style in Marvel vs games since MVC2. Alot of modern JRPG’s too. Mario Wonder, not for me. But I still play them

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
so, basically - Trust me Bro? yes?
First you made the lie there is bots so you have to prove it.
But ignoring that...

There is bot team in Concord Beta.
Is is easy to spot bots for anybody that played the game.
  • Bots doesn't talk in party chats
  • Bots don't use PSN accounts
  • Bots doesn't try to test gameplay mechanics due the lack of tutorial
  • Bots doesn't left in the middle of the matches
But if you are not convinced yet...
  • One of the requested features to Devs is to add Bots (that will be added as a tutorial in the final game).
  • The PC and PS5 servers where the same... so if there is bot for one them then there is to the other... the userbase was split because by default the Crossplay was disabled for PS5 users from the Closed Beta to Open Beta... but if you changed to Crossplay on you should have playing with PC users... but which PS5 users wants to turn on Crossplay? So PC users where there waiting 3-5 minutes because the game HAD NO BOT.

Like I said anybody that played the game will never made up that lie that the Beta had bots.

And the last point...

To think that PS5 users didn't have matchmaking issues because there are bots is just laughable and don't understand how bots works in matchmaking...
Matchmaking with bots will try to first find online users and after sometime without found them they will use bots.
Any matchmaking using bots will never be instantaneous... it will have a delay set by the developer like 30s without find players.

The whole ideia that PS5 were getting instantaneous matchmaking already kills your "bot theory".

Is that really hard to you believe that people played Concord Beta?

Last edited:

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
If you don't care why are you commenting? I haven't dismissed anyone not once. I've had tried to have countless rational and fair discussions the last two weeks. So don't come at me with this projection, which is exactly what you did to my previous post to you.

I'm not even the biggest fan on the characters designs, something that has been discussed over and over and over and OVER... in the beta thread... A thread we aren't even allowed to discuss the game rationally because people who refused to play it, has the most to say.

I have acknowledged many times the game is struggling and will probably struggle 🤣? However you claimed you haven't seen anyone spoken good about the game anywhere (that was your supposed point you claim I didn't address)... which is just straight up not true? I replied respectfully to you about where I've seen a lot of positive discussions and you replied with a sarcastic post attempting to dismiss what I said.

So, what are y'all getting out of regurgitating the same thing over and over about this?
You are literally dismissing people because they have not played it. Why would they not play it? Is it cause the major issue is people not liking how it looks? If people can't get passed that, it doesn't matter how it plays because they don't like how it looks.
Yes, it's a problem, but why should people waste their time to be convinced if they want to play it?

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Which is fair.

I know a person (my brother lol) who wont play games like Stick it to the man or Flipping Death. Or a friend who won’t play Octopath or Triangle strategy because he hates the art style?

Funny enough I dont like alot of art styles but just tolerate it. I havent liked a Street Fighter art style since 3rd strike/ Capcom vs Snk. I havent liked the art style in Marvel vs games since MVC2. Alot of modern JRPG’s too. Mario Wonder, not for me. But I still play them
Yeah, art is subjective. The game looks amazing visually. People just don't like the art style.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, art is subjective. The game looks amazing visually. People just don't like the art style.
Yep. Id say half the character designs pretty much harm the game when it comes to looks, otherwise its good

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The haters are not satisfied with the game just being a flop. They are eagerly waiting to dance on the corpse and spit and piss on it..and burn it :ROFLMAO:
Yes, and there's nothing wrong with this 😎

I've been dancing in celebration since I saw the first trailer get over 50k dislikes 😂😂😂

Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Dance GIF

• thisistheway
Reactions: quest4441