The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I assume Freedom is so over because it's also on Switch and PC day one?
what no Freedom is in the WE'RE SO BACK section of that image
Unless you mean my comment, which Freedom Wars supersedes everything for me because I love and adore Freedom Wars and seeing a remastered announcement made me so incredibly happy that I don't care about anything else I think Sony has done bad right now. Freedom Wars is absolutely WE'RE SO BACK for me, but like, to an extreme because I love this game and I'm so happy to see it back. I don't have a problem with it being on Switch and PC too; I hate the concept of exclusives.

Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
which Freedom Wars supersedes everything for me because I love and adore Freedom Wars and seeing a remastered announcement made me so incredibly happy
THAT is what matters. I had never heard of it, so I was watching some videos of it. Looks pretty fun if you ask me.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
THAT is what matters. I had never heard of it, so I was watching some videos of it. Looks pretty fun if you ask me.
Freedom Wars was a Vita game with some similarities in structure to God Eater and Monster Hunter in that you take on short missions to usually go kill some monsters and then report back using different kinds of weapons of your choice.
What sets Freedom Wars apart is the functionality of the gameplay systems and the extremes it goes to present its dystopian future. Gameplay wise, you can do stuff like grapple hook onto walls and objects to pull yourself to them to get a better vantage point or just get to a new position (often useful for getting higher up). You can also grapple onto enemies to attach yourself to them to make direct melee attacks to their weak points more feasible. Beyond the standard selection and variety of melee weapons, like God Eater you can use guns as secondary weapons, but unlike God Eater the guns function more like regular guns. They shoot and fire small bullets rapidly rather than feeling like these giant cannons you get in God Eater (granted, there *are* rocket launchers as options for guns if you wanna go that route anyways)

With regards to its dystoptian future, the game is conceptually just really cool. You wake up in a cell and try to move and an alarm flashes with big red words: 5 years have been added to your 1,000,000 year prison sentence because you do not have the right to walk. You try to sit and rest in your bed and the alarm goes off again. 5 years have been added to your sentence because you do not have the right to rest. Why are you in prison with a 1 million year sentence in the first place? You lost state property: your memory. You have to take on missions to fight monsters and rebels to chip away at your sentence while getting points to buy new rights that let you do things like walk, sleep, run, other prison activities, etc
It also has a really easy to use and detailed character creator for making the chunni anime character of your dreams, and you can also create and customize your robot caretaker who exists to make sure you don't do anything you don't have the rights to. Soundtrack is pretty baggin' too
Sony even made music videos back in the day for the game

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
With regards to its dystoptian future, the game is conceptually just really cool. You wake up in a cell and try to move and an alarm flashes with big red words: 5 years have been added to your 1,000,000 year prison sentence because you do not have the right to walk. You try to sit and rest in your bed and the alarm goes off again. 5 years have been added to your sentence because you do not have the right to rest. Why are you in prison with a 1 million year sentence in the first place? You lost state property: your memory.
Who thinks of that?!?!

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Feels like Sony dooming has reached a height.... I have never seen so many people have it out for this brand as I do now. Sorry but I cannot agree with anyone saying this generation is trash....

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Feels like Sony dooming has reached a height.... I have never seen so many people have it out for this brand as I do now. Sorry but I cannot agree with anyone saying this generation is trash....
Partially their fault for this fallout

Reactions: toadsage44

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
How so? rising costs of quite literally everything in the world? or by simply putting games out on PC? How are these two things in anyway making the games you play worse?

Here's a list of new games I have played this year, I have beaten all of them, yes.

Helldivers 2
Like a Dragon 8
FFVIIR
Dragons Dogma 2
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Shadow of Erdtree
Space Marine 2
Black Myth Wukong
Astro Bot
Concord (RIP)

Still waiting on Silent Hill 2 ( a remake people have asked for, for YEARS) and Metaphor ( Persona 5 teams new game )

If you tell me this is a weak roster of games, I'd love to know what the good games actually are. How on earth could I have experienced all these games, and come to the conclusion that this year is weak? The ONLY game that has left me disappointed is Wukong.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
How so? rising costs of quite literally everything in the world? or by simply putting games out on PC? How are these two things in anyway making the games you play worse?
I don't think the price is really the issue as most of the PlayStation spends a lot overall. I think just been Sony sewing resentment amongst parts of its hardcore base, lack of communication, keeping gamers in the dark with regards to games coming, seeing the little exclusives being given away to PC with better enhancements, more PC announcements this year than first Party games for PS5, while raising prices on everything for PS players to offsets loses

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I don't think the price is really the issue as most of the PlayStation spends a lot overall. I think just been Sony sewing resentment amongst parts of its hardcore base, lack of communication, keeping gamers in the dark with regards to games coming, seeing the little exclusives being given away to PC with better enhancements, more PC announcements this year than first Party games for PS5, while raising prices on everything for PS players to offsets loses
Communication, exclusives, and a premium console.... are all enough to negate a slew of great games dropping.... that don't sound like a sony issue IMO.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Communication, exclusives, and a premium console.... are all enough to negate a slew of great games dropping.... that don't sound like a sony issue IMO.
Lol but it is a Sony issue as it's affecting the discourse around their brand

• they're_right_you_know

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

Personally, I believe that the dooming and glooming in all aspects are from idiots, morons and retarded mother fuckers who would much rather bitch about anything and everything as opposed to just doing what this hobby/form of entertainment is all about - enjoying and having fun playing video games.

I'm probably one of the few actual gamers who has enjoyed this generation and playing games on my Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Both Microsoft and Sony for me personally - game wise - have done great for the most part and when compared to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 respectively, both have surpassed what I had in the same time frame last generation. The only thing that I can see people having an issue with is Microsoft/Sony not releasing as many games as they did last generation in the same time frame but their games have been of a higher quality, at least for me anyway and this is one trade I will always accept - less but higher quality games.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Personally, I believe that the dooming and glooming in all aspects are from idiots, morons and retarded mother fuckers who would much rather bitch about anything and everything as opposed to just doing what this hobby/form of entertainment is all about - enjoying and having fun playing video games.

I'm probably one of the few actual gamers who has enjoyed this generation and playing games on my Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. Both Microsoft and Sony for me personally - game wise - have done great for the most part and when compared to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 respectively, both have surpassed what I had in the same time frame last generation. The only thing that I can see people having an issue with is Microsoft/Sony not releasing as many games as they did last generation in the same time frame but their games have been of a higher quality, at least for me anyway and this is one trade I will always accept - less but higher quality games.
It’s true. I do feel like people within these spaces hardly play any games to begin with. Just lurkers in spaces they don’t even belong. I’ve seen countless comments like “where the games Sony wtf” like bro…. They dropped astrobot 2 weeks ago, the highest rated game of the entire year. We don’t hold other publishers to this standard but we do with Sony 100%.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
It’s true. I do feel like people within these spaces hardly play any games to begin with. Just lurkers in spaces they don’t even belong. I’ve seen countless comments like “where the games Sony wtf” like bro…. They dropped astrobot 2 weeks ago, the highest rated game of the entire year. We don’t hold other publishers to this standard but we do with Sony 100%.

Yeah, I agree but more than anything, I think it's just online discourse that eventually blows up into something bigger than it should be because gaming outlets will write articles and all this other shit for clicks which keeps the conversation going.

If social media didn't exist, I believe that 95% of what's talked about negatively wouldn't even be a thing. You might one or two things a year but that's it. Now, it's almost a weekly basis of negativity for anything and everything. It's ridiculous to say the least.

I do think other publishers get held to the same standard. How many years have we all seen people call out Microsoft in regards to having no games? Countless articles too. It's just something that generates clicks and ad revenue which is what most gaming sites if not all of them and those on twitter care about. It's all about the engagement and negativity does bring more engagement than positivity in general and doesn't matter what brand, company or game it is.