The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Why would PC ports of games kill excitement for the PlayStation 5 Pro if you're a console gamer? If you don't play on PC and have no intention on doing so, what does it matter if PC gets Sony's games months/years later? And even if you do, are you willing to wait for them? If not, again, I don't see how this matters from a personal standpoint.

Game wise, Concord looks like it will bomb badly but Lego Horizon Adventure will probably be a pretty good game. Is it due to being on PC/Switch day one that you're not interested in it? Because honestly, that makes no sense. Switch will be the inferior version and unless you already have or are willing to spend thousands of dollars buying a PC for the superior version, I don't see the issue here. It's a Lego game and will probably sell best on Switch which is why it's releasing there.

Astro Bot will be excellent but here's a question for you - you say that it's GOTY contender and let's say that it will legitimately be just that. If it somehow gets ported to PC in let's say, six months, does that all of a sudden negate it from being a 2024 GOTY contender?

2023 also had MLB The Show 23 just like this year but if you're talking about true exclusives meaning no port for PC/other consoles, then yeah, it was just Spider Man 2 which isn't going to stay that way forever and yet, it was still an excellent game to close out the year.

While it's taking Naughty Dog a little longer than expected to release their first new game for PlayStation 5, Santa Monica did release God of War Ragnarok in November 2022. Barlog has his new IP that he's working on and I wouldn't be surprised if we all see it sooner rather than later. As for lack of new IP's, Sony has already had four of them released thus far with a fifth coming out in two weeks. PlayStation 4 had new IP's but not as many as people want to believe. Guerrilla Games gave you Horizon and Sucker Punch gave you Tsushima. Other than that, it's basically the same as this generation thus far - a few new IP's from studios that they don't own. Days Gone was the only other true new IP from Sony's internal studios. If you want to include dead studios like Japan Studio, then you can add Knack but Astro Bot evens that out.

In general, PlayStation 5 has already surpassed PlayStation 4 in the same time period and for me personally, it's not even close. Reason why there's more sequels is actually simple - you got new IP's last generation like Horizon and Tsushima among others which is why you're getting sequels. Look at PlayStation 3 where there were a lot of new IP's and less new IP's during PlayStation 4 because after building a new IP, the preference is to always turn it into a franchise.

Sony should be investing in Cloud because it's the future, PC for them is an untapped market that they can make a lot of revenue off of because gamers especially hardcore aren't jumping to an inferior experience on console, subscriptions is great for companies because it's basiclaly guaranteed revenue on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis so it makes sense to grow it, mobile IS the biggest money maker in gaming by far so if Sony can get a major hit or two here, that will greatly increase their revenue and in turn, profit which in turn allows them to give you more stuff. As for live service games, looking at the top 20 games on Sony/Microsoft platforms, majority are basically live service games/free to play/sports games because that's what the majority of gamers are playing. So while Microsoft has the live service shit down pat and a ton of them making a shit ton of revenue, Sony wants to have a few of their own for the same reasons.

Jim Ryan was always a pure business man and he made business decisions which is exactly what the two co-CEO's will end up doing as they all do. There's no actual doom and gloom whatsoever by PlayStation fans. It's more from those who are still living in 1995 thinking gaming is exactly the same when in reality it's not and even worse, don't realize that even their favorite company values money over their fan base because they know, you're not going anywhere and even if you do, doesn't matter because they'll easily replace you.

Forget Xbox whatsoever, I don't know how you see this generation as being poor for Sony and PlayStation when they've been breaking records and more successful than ever before in an industry that's more expensive and competitive than ever before.

Like seriously, I realise that it's not that there's any doom and gloom, it's that a lot of you guys just are never happy and instead of playing games that you want to play, a lot of you would much rather bitch about what Sony is doing which none of you can do a God damn fucking thing about in the first place. It's like, play the fucking games that you want to play where you want to play them (which for almost all of you is PlayStation) and enjoy them instead of worrying about what the company is or isn't doing because no company is going to listen to nutjobs on forums and twitter. Every company is going to do what they want to do and that's it.

As an Xbox fan here who had a temper tantrum months ago and simply let it all go, im enjoying gaming way more than I did before because there's no valid reason to care about what any company does or doesn't do when you can't control any of it. There's no point as you're just wasting your time which could be better spent in many different ways including playing games.

Nothing personal or anything. To each their own but I just don't understand or see how anyone who owns a PlayStation 5 be unhappy with their purchase and the games they've gotten in the first half of this generation. Last generation, out of the games I played and completed, I didn't have an 8.0/10 first party game until 2016 and I didn't have a 9.0/10 first party game until 2017 yet with this generation, in the first four years, I have surpassed all of that already with PlayStation 5 and it's not even close.
You’ve said literally nothing of substance, you just try to brush serious mismanagement problems under the rug, just like you did with Xbox last gen. “Everything is awesome, 1 new IP in 5 years is fine, 13 PC ports before a new single player release isn’t an issue, investing billions in gaas is great (even if they all flop or get cancelled), acquiring horrible studios is great, constantly raising prices while offering nothing substantial in return is fantastic, it doesn’t matter that they’re doing the complete opposite of what made them successful, just be quiet and consoom 🤡

Look how dumb you sound, stop trying to gaslight people just because you’re content with PlayStation going the way of Xbox. You’re still spouting brain dead Xbox talking points that pc, cloud, and mobile are worth pursuing for a console company. When there is almost a decade of proof that they’ve done absolutely nothing to help Xbox. And PC ports have done nothing positive for Sony in over 4 years, a bunch of flops that have made the console less desirable and wasted YEARS of extra development time. 10 PC ports combined can’t even crack 300 million in revenue but we’re supposed to be ok with PC being at the fore front of Sonys strategy 🤡 That is cutting the nose off to spite the face and console gamers are worse off for it.

You’re a hardcore Xbox fanboy, the fact that you’re defending Sony just shows how far they’ve fallen. You thought Xbox was good last gen, so it’s no surprise you’re happy with Sony this gen, they’re practically the same garbage. It’s fine that you enjoy it but don’t try to present your opinion as fact and attack the people who actually know better.

Reactions: Puff

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why would PC ports of games kill excitement for the PlayStation 5 Pro if you're a console gamer? If you don't play on PC and have no intention on doing so, what does it matter if PC gets Sony's games months/years later? And even if you do, are you willing to wait for them? If not, again, I don't see how this matters from a personal standpoint.

Game wise, Concord looks like it will bomb badly but Lego Horizon Adventure will probably be a pretty good game. Is it due to being on PC/Switch day one that you're not interested in it? Because honestly, that makes no sense. Switch will be the inferior version and unless you already have or are willing to spend thousands of dollars buying a PC for the superior version, I don't see the issue here. It's a Lego game and will probably sell best on Switch which is why it's releasing there.

Astro Bot will be excellent but here's a question for you - you say that it's GOTY contender and let's say that it will legitimately be just that. If it somehow gets ported to PC in let's say, six months, does that all of a sudden negate it from being a 2024 GOTY contender?

2023 also had MLB The Show 23 just like this year but if you're talking about true exclusives meaning no port for PC/other consoles, then yeah, it was just Spider Man 2 which isn't going to stay that way forever and yet, it was still an excellent game to close out the year.

While it's taking Naughty Dog a little longer than expected to release their first new game for PlayStation 5, Santa Monica did release God of War Ragnarok in November 2022. Barlog has his new IP that he's working on and I wouldn't be surprised if we all see it sooner rather than later. As for lack of new IP's, Sony has already had four of them released thus far with a fifth coming out in two weeks. PlayStation 4 had new IP's but not as many as people want to believe. Guerrilla Games gave you Horizon and Sucker Punch gave you Tsushima. Other than that, it's basically the same as this generation thus far - a few new IP's from studios that they don't own. Days Gone was the only other true new IP from Sony's internal studios. If you want to include dead studios like Japan Studio, then you can add Knack but Astro Bot evens that out.

In general, PlayStation 5 has already surpassed PlayStation 4 in the same time period and for me personally, it's not even close. Reason why there's more sequels is actually simple - you got new IP's last generation like Horizon and Tsushima among others which is why you're getting sequels. Look at PlayStation 3 where there were a lot of new IP's and less new IP's during PlayStation 4 because after building a new IP, the preference is to always turn it into a franchise.

Sony should be investing in Cloud because it's the future, PC for them is an untapped market that they can make a lot of revenue off of because gamers especially hardcore aren't jumping to an inferior experience on console, subscriptions is great for companies because it's basiclaly guaranteed revenue on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis so it makes sense to grow it, mobile IS the biggest money maker in gaming by far so if Sony can get a major hit or two here, that will greatly increase their revenue and in turn, profit which in turn allows them to give you more stuff. As for live service games, looking at the top 20 games on Sony/Microsoft platforms, majority are basically live service games/free to play/sports games because that's what the majority of gamers are playing. So while Microsoft has the live service shit down pat and a ton of them making a shit ton of revenue, Sony wants to have a few of their own for the same reasons.

Jim Ryan was always a pure business man and he made business decisions which is exactly what the two co-CEO's will end up doing as they all do. There's no actual doom and gloom whatsoever by PlayStation fans. It's more from those who are still living in 1995 thinking gaming is exactly the same when in reality it's not and even worse, don't realize that even their favorite company values money over their fan base because they know, you're not going anywhere and even if you do, doesn't matter because they'll easily replace you.

Forget Xbox whatsoever, I don't know how you see this generation as being poor for Sony and PlayStation when they've been breaking records and more successful than ever before in an industry that's more expensive and competitive than ever before.

Like seriously, I realise that it's not that there's any doom and gloom, it's that a lot of you guys just are never happy and instead of playing games that you want to play, a lot of you would much rather bitch about what Sony is doing which none of you can do a God damn fucking thing about in the first place. It's like, play the fucking games that you want to play where you want to play them (which for almost all of you is PlayStation) and enjoy them instead of worrying about what the company is or isn't doing because no company is going to listen to nutjobs on forums and twitter. Every company is going to do what they want to do and that's it.

As an Xbox fan here who had a temper tantrum months ago and simply let it all go, im enjoying gaming way more than I did before because there's no valid reason to care about what any company does or doesn't do when you can't control any of it. There's no point as you're just wasting your time which could be better spent in many different ways including playing games.

Nothing personal or anything. To each their own but I just don't understand or see how anyone who owns a PlayStation 5 be unhappy with their purchase and the games they've gotten in the first half of this generation. Last generation, out of the games I played and completed, I didn't have an 8.0/10 first party game until 2016 and I didn't have a 9.0/10 first party game until 2017 yet with this generation, in the first four years, I have surpassed all of that already with PlayStation 5 and it's not even close.
You cooked

Reactions: peter42O

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
G3pIzqZ.jpeg

RZZ4juz.jpeg

Seriously, Sony is it's own worst enemy right now.
made a thread about it, was instantly closed by dooming and glooming, i'll laugh so hard for all of these motherfuckers when 2026 comes and they have to accept The Last Of Us, God Of War, Spiderman, Ghost Of Tsushima, Horizon and many more being playable on Xbox consoles

Reactions: JAHGamer and Puff

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
IMO pc releases absolutely have many negative aspects for PS5 as a console and as a brand.
-PC players get used to "I will wait a year and get it on pc on cdkeys for 20$"... so they don't buy a console or a 70$ game on it.
-Developers know that they will have a chance to spread their wings and have a 2nd tech chance when releasing on pc, so it can be undercooked on ps5
-Developers need to do initial development with later mouse/keyboard controls in mind and tech compatibility. You can imagine the meeting "yeah but how the hell will we do this controls on pc in 2 years".
-Game sold on pc for 30$ on cdkeys or on steam for 50$ is obviosuly much less than game sold for 60-70$ on ps5 disc or psn. Sony loosing money by releasing on pc and giving it to steam or cdkeys(people buy fromc dkeys which buys from cheaper regions)
-Sony is loosing by people not buying ps5 or games on it because they are not getting psn either
-And at the end.... when you don't need to sell consoles because you will sell games on pc - this will 100% lead to death of exclusives. and exclusives were always amazing games meant to SELL THE PLATFORM. Showcases bringing in customers.
-Piracy on pc and whiny pc players.
-Pc players are not used to pay full price for games

Imo, exclusives pool getting bigger and bigger will one day bring pc or other player to console. Sure... one might not buy it only for ff16 or blodoborne (i did and it was best decision ever) but add gt7 or any other exclusive to it that might tip the scale and then any new customer might say "well ok now there is enough" and just like that - they are dragged into PS ecosystem.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
IMO pc releases absolutely have many negative aspects for PS5 as a console and as a brand.
-PC players get used to "I will wait a year and get it on pc on cdkeys for 20$"... so they don't buy a console or a 70$ game on it.
-Developers know that they will have a chance to spread their wings and have a 2nd tech chance when releasing on pc, so it can be undercooked on ps5
-Developers need to do initial development with later mouse/keyboard controls in mind and tech compatibility. You can imagine the meeting "yeah but how the hell will we do this controls on pc in 2 years".
-Game sold on pc for 30$ on cdkeys or on steam for 50$ is obviosuly much less than game sold for 60-70$ on ps5 disc or psn. Sony loosing money by releasing on pc and giving it to steam or cdkeys(people buy fromc dkeys which buys from cheaper regions)
-Sony is loosing by people not buying ps5 or games on it because they are not getting psn either
-And at the end.... when you don't need to sell consoles because you will sell games on pc - this will 100% lead to death of exclusives. and exclusives were always amazing games meant to SELL THE PLATFORM. Showcases bringing in customers.
-Piracy on pc and whiny pc players.
-Pc players are not used to pay full price for games

Imo, exclusives pool getting bigger and bigger will one day bring pc or other player to console. Sure... one might not buy it only for ff16 or blodoborne (i did and it was best decision ever) but add gt7 or any other exclusive to it that might tip the scale and then any new customer might say "well ok now there is enough" and just like that - they are dragged into PS ecosystem.
gave this opinion? you'll have your thread closed for doom and gloom even though everything you've mentioned is true

Reactions: JAHGamer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
And Playstatuin will probably stop porting to Steam when they will have living room “console” too. Sony just doesnt know it yet lol.

3rd party are gonna make these pc/console hybrids that play windows, steam, epic etc. Just like they started to make Steamdeck clones. Would be dumb for Playstation to carry on porting at that point
in other words: their PC ports, the Nixxes acquisition... alll shots in the foot

2 Jun 2024

Nowadays PS games can’t even be brought back without the mention of bringing them back to release it for PC. It’s as a game can’t be revive or remake solely for the PS & be successful on PS alone. PS is starting to get the same distinction as Xbox & it’s only gonna get worse with more ports to PC & more “spinoff/experimental” games like Lego.

It’s honestly great to see Nintendo double down on there console & studios so they can make multiple games per year. Nintendo output for the last 5 years been a minimum of 5-10 Nintendo games using there own ip. And with job leaks they seem to be partnering with Bandai Namco to further produce more true exclusive games for its console.

made a thread about it, was instantly closed by dooming and glooming, i'll laugh so hard for all of these motherfuckers when 2026 comes and they have to accept The Last Of Us, God Of War, Spiderman, Ghost Of Tsushima, Horizon and many more being playable on Xbox consoles
will Xbox even exist in 2026 they been losing on hardware after they said no console required or will the next console be dropping gamepass on Roku

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just make the thread here instead. We all just have to wait lol

2 Jun 2024
they haven't realized yet the next Xbox will be a PC and there is nothing Sony could do to stop their games from being played in it
people ain't going to simply just move to PC it's more lifestyle than gaming on console where you constantly troubleshooting on PC as well if their was more ease access then PC would take off more

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I've noticed that PC is "master race" until the very real prospect of Xbox going PC has to be considered.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
they haven't realized yet the next Xbox will be a PC and there is nothing Sony could do to stop their games from being played in it
Don’t worry. Just like how Steam has taken away market share away from MS/Xbox it will soon push PS of the console market.

Steam is the market leader in PC gaming. There storefront has more games then PS storefront & more exclusive then PS (and those PC exclusive are by default)

Steam now has a hardware called Steamdeck which competes w PS, Xbox & Nintendo & had both Xbox & PS games in 1 platform/ecosystem.

Your already seeing rumor of Valve making a new Half Life 3 which will be exclusive to Steam & never release on any other device/strorefront (not even half life vr can be ported to PSVR2 lmao it took Sony/PS bending PSVR to be compatible with PC)

I see a future where Valve ramps up production & create new multiplayer & singleplayer games using there ip. PS fans will have to ask do I keep buying PS consoles when they don’t have exclusive, PS output is slow, paying premium while on PC/Steam cost cheaper, no subscription on PC/Steam or I get a Steamdeck for the same price as a PS console & play Xbox, PS, PC & Steam games that are permanently exclusive at a much cheaper price then on PS + full emulation with PS, Xbox & Nintendo games. Your already seeing that shift by casuals & hardcore fans.

Nintendo will ultimately be safe because they have true permanent exclusive games.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I see a future where Valve ramps up production & create new multiplayer & singleplayer games using there ip.
Bro I know this a PS centric forum but holy shit you guys have no clue how valve works, they have a maximum of 250 devs. Also as a studio they are mostly done with single player games unless some employees really champion making one, their whole shtick is having the most profit/employee possible and single player games don't do that. They are going to launch deadlock which is where most of their efforts will be concentrated on for the foreseeable future.

Playstation releasing games on steam is a whole can of worms and they will get fucked in the long run but not because of the games Valve releases lol. What will cause Playstation to go Dodo is releasing more garbage like concord and fairgames with a regular cadence which seems very likely under Hulst

Reactions: Puff

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Of course they can. They blocked Geforce Now from accessing Sony published titles. What makes you think they can't do it with an Xbox branded PC? It will run some sort of Xbox OS so it won't be hard to identify and block.

Besides, Xbox is in the shitter. I wouldn't be surprised if MS drops hardware altogether within the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plextorage

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Of course they can. They blocked Geforce Now from accessing Sony published titles. What makes you think they can't do it with an Xbox branded PC? It will run some sort of Xbox OS so it won't be hard to identify and block.

Besides, Xbox is in the shitter. I wouldn't be surprised if MS drops hardware altogether within the next 5 years.

Sony doesn’t block Windows from Playing Playstation Steam games. Most Steam users are windows based.

Imagine the next xbox is just a windows gaming hybrid box. Not called xbox.
That plays steam, windows games, etc. I doubt Sony will be allowed to just block every windows users from downloading Playstation Steam games

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Sony doesn’t block Windows from Playing Playstation Steam games. Most Steam users are windows based.

Imagine the next xbox is just a windows gaming hybrid box. Not called xbox.
That plays steam, windows games, etc. I doubt Sony will be allowed to just block every windows users from downloading Playstation Steam games

Are you trying to say that Sony doesn't own their IPs?