The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Sony doesn’t block Windows from Playing Playstation Steam games. Most Steam users are windows based.

Imagine the next xbox is just a windows gaming hybrid box. Not called xbox.
That plays steam, windows games, etc. I doubt Sony will be allowed to just block every windows users from downloading Playstation Steam games

Well then it's just a regular PC and Sony has nothing to worry about.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
problem is: this new Xbox is basically a pre built PC, it's not going to be a regular console developed by AMD, it's gonna be a pre-built PC with Windows and a portable PC with Windows, MS, nasty like they are, will surely make hard for Sony to be able to block games from being playable in it, GeForce Now is a virtual subscription service and Sony owns the Cloud Gaming rights to all of its IPs, it's completely different, because even tho Sony owns the rights for their IPs on PC, they don't own Windows, Microsoft does, so blocking games from being playable in this new Microsoft device will basically block games from being playable on Windows.

Then why should Sony care? In that case, It's just like any other regular PC with Windows.

You guys need to get this console war mentality out of your heads when it comes to Xbox. The brand is done. People don't care anymore. Even Microsoft doesn't.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Comes at a price, though.

2.9 BILLION in the red, waiting for RS to make something.
That has nothing to do with Rockstar themselves tho, that was from several acquisitions, including 2 billion of the 13 billion they paid for Zynga.

GTA 5 online has been extremely profitable and is the reason why we barely get games from them anymore.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well then it's just a regular PC and Sony has nothing to worry about.

Thats not what I mean but ok. It wont be a regular PC.

Its about a “console” hybrids, that play steam, windows games/xbox games etc and other stores. Its not about worrying, it will just mean Playstation has to pull there games off Steam if they want to be the only console that plays Playstation games. These devices will be marketing as consoles. Blurred lines.

Microsoft has mentioned putting other stores on there “console”, this makes zero sense financially for them.
Every 3rd party like Asus is gonna try and cash in and make them too. They will do this and call it a console.

Im not arguing, its just what I think is most likely to happen. Im not saying its gonna be the next big thing or challenge to Playstation. Whether Playstation wants there games on other devices or not, we’ll see.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
my thread had evidence Microsoft is a nasty company and will use every possible opportunity they can to screw PlayStation, they even used the breach of Death Stranding PC port rights to bring the game to their subscription service, they used MLB rights over the game Sony develops to bring the game to GamePass day one just to devalue PlayStation as a platform and Plus as subscription service (since Sony doesn't offer MLB the Show day one on PS Plus), you really think they won't use the PC ports Sony themselfs are making? Phil Spencer was crying because Helldivers 2 was not released on Xbox, this is the level of company we're talking about, they're already working on this new console that will basically be a pre-built PC and as the makers of Windows... they will make sure Sony can't block the games from being playable in it

You do realize that Sony is a shitty company too right? LOL

Death Stranding PC port was under 505 Games who had the publishing rights and accepted a Game Pass deal. Why wouldn't 505 Games accept that deal? As for MLB, it went third party because SONY agreed to it. It went to Game Pass day one because MLB agreed to the deal and Sony with the genius lawyers (lol) that they have didn't put in a clause when they renewed the contract with MLB when signing a new one which included going third party. Both instances are completely on Sony, not anyone else. And how exactly does MLB being on Game Pass devalue PlayStation if you DON'T own an Xbox in addition to your PlayStation? No one is spending $500 on a console to play MLB on Game Pass when they could just buy the game on PlayStation.

And yet people want to believe that Sony does NOT put Game Pass exclusion clauses in their contracts for games they're funding/publishing/marketing? LMAO.

What if Sony accepts Helldivers 2 going on Xbox? Did you ever stop to think that maybe just maybe Sony is willing to do business because making more money is more important than fanboys who'll have hurt feelings yet go nowhere?

As for Sony being unable to block games from being played on Xbox, im 100% certain that they can and let's say for argument sake that they can't which I highly doubt but still, let's say they can't, maybe just maybe they'll willing to allow that OR perhaps they'll stop making PC ports completely and thus finally make you happy.

Lol you said nothing in this wall of text that all of us didn't already say, know and pointed out many times... The thread was trash and rightfully got disposed of.

Wait a minute...Etifilio made yet ANOTHER topic? How many am I missing per day when im at work??? lol

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Honestly that doesn’t matter, that will no doubt be marketed as 'Xbox Console'

I'm sure they will but Microsoft can't even properly market its Series consoles without confusing the average consumer.

This whole concept sounds more or less like the Steam machines.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
I made a grand shorting nintendo shares before their earnings call, ubisoft and sony seem prime candidates for shorting before the next quarter results.
Shorting is seriously risky and not worth doing for a grand, you should buy call options instead, that way your potential losses are limited.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They can block. Every device has its own code or whatever is specifically. Same as Sony did with Geforce Now on Xbox
Geforce Now is a subscription service, it's completely different than a whole platform/operating system like Windows

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Same as Sony did with Geforce Now on Xbox

In that case, Sony blocked their games TOTALLY from appearing on GeForce Now. The equivalent would be to block their games on Windows in general, if NextFlopBox is basically a Windows PC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In that case, Sony blocked their games TOTALLY from appearing on GeForce Now. The equivalent would be to block their games on Windows in general, if NextFlopBox is basically a Windows PC.
Or release their own launcher where they can control everything about their games :cool:

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Or release their own launcher where they can control everything about their games :cool:
i mean, this is what i think it will eventually come too,

All this is needed a Sony account with people complaining about having to sign up, etc., on PC; this would solve it, plus keep the integrity of their platform.

• Shake
Reactions: ethomaz

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Shorting is seriously risky and not worth doing for a grand, you should buy call options instead, that way your potential losses are limited.
Well I short mostly with the "fun money fund" I have after all the retirement and other more safe investment deductions but yeah agree with call options being safer

Reactions: Impulse

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
i mean, this is what i think it will eventually come too,

All this is needed a Sony account with people complaining about having to sign up, etc., on PC; this would solve it, plus keep the integrity of their platform.
Plus if people uses a PC with a Xbox OS or whatever Microsoft wants to do... they will need to install the PS Launcher and pay everything to Sony that won't share nothing to Microsoft.

Probably Microsoft will try to block PS Launcher on Xbox OS like Apple do with with iOS because they won't get any cut from what is sold on PS Launcher... there is basically no advantage to Microsoft with that... people will buy games on PS and not sub to Gamepass :D

Now if Sony continues following 3rd-party stores/launchers then they will need to follow that 3rd-party rules and not their own... it is sad.
If Valve decide that all games can be played on Xbox OS then Sony can do nothing except remove their games from Steam and create their own Store/Launcher.

I don't see how Sony won't move to their own Store/Launcher in the future... even if they don't wish it they will be forced to.

Reactions: Sircaw

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Geforce Now is a subscription service, it's completely different than a whole platform/operating system like Windows

It doesn't matter is it service or not, Sony SPECIFICALLY blocked God Of War to be played on Xbox. There is no native GFN app on Xbox, but it can be played via web page, yet Sony blocked it when there was a native version on GFN.

Yes. Those who owns a whole librabry of games on Steam or on Epic etc. can be played via GFN, but not Sonys games who bought them on these stores. Still haven't find any damn video of Spiderman played via GFN, yet Spiderman is available on Steam and Epic store

Simple answer is NO

Last edited:

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
I don't know how anyone can think a Sony launcher is a possibility when they got shit on endlessly just for a PSN login.