The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I'm definitely one of the few people here who's actually been happy with his PlayStation 5 up to this point and it should only get better as the second half of the generation approaches this November. Out of the 10 games I have played and completed on PlayStation 5, one was an 8.0/10 (Ronin), two were an 8.5/10 (Kena/FF XVI), six were a 9.0/10 (Miles/Ratchet/HFW/Spider Man 2/Rebirth/Stellar Blade) and one was a 9.5/10 and my 2022 game of the year (GOWR). Oh well, to each their own I guess.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
A mere thread with disconnected posts, if you will, seems marginalising to one side's opinions? A Gaming Rant Sub-board seems more respectful to thread creation/discussion flow than a thread? And people whom effectively don't want to see the so-called dooming can ignore it?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm definitely one of the few people here who's actually been happy with his PlayStation 5 up to this point and it should only get better as the second half of the generation approaches this November. Out of the 10 games I have played and completed on PlayStation 5, one was an 8.0/10 (Ronin), two were an 8.5/10 (Kena/FF XVI), six were a 9.0/10 (Miles/Ratchet/HFW/Spider Man 2/Rebirth/Stellar Blade) and one was a 9.5/10 and my 2022 game of the year (GOWR). Oh well, to each their own I guess.
I feel pretty much like this too, saying that I have a gigantic backlog and still have dozens of brilliant games to play.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I feel pretty much like this too, saying that I have a gigantic backlog and still have dozens of brilliant games to play.

Luckily for me, the backlog I have for this generation is only 4 games but 10+ expansions that I simply haven't had the time to get to yet as there's too many games. The second half of 2024 is looking like a 15 game list for me. UGH.

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Evil Aloy

Banned
3 May 2024
So let me get this straight, the 'dooming and glooming' gets siloed off into a single thread while saying that Sony is perfect and can do no wrong is... a-ok I guess? I can make multiple threads about how Sony kicks ass but if I make one criticizing the company I get sent into forum jail? Does that sound fair and balanced to you?

Meaningful discussion requires more than one opinion and viewpoint. Fandom,true fandom, is being able to criticize the thing you love. If the intention is to create a forum of Sony sycophants then I want to request an account deletion.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So let me get this straight, the 'dooming and glooming' gets siloed off into a single thread while saying that Sony is perfect and can do no wrong is... a-ok I guess? I can make multiple threads about how Sony kicks ass but if I make one criticizing the company I get sent into forum jail? Does that sound fair and balanced to you?

Meaningful discussion requires more than one opinion and viewpoint. Fandom,true fandom, is being able to criticize the thing you love. If the intention is to create a forum of Sony sycophants then I want to request an account deletion.
You are more than welcome to make your doom-and-gloom thread, but if it's the same topic that has been discussed ten times before, dressed up in another dress, it is getting moved here.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Good Idea. This thread will help me fill out my ignore list and help me filter out these armchair business analysts and those purposely spreading misinformation.

Reactions: Lersds and Sircaw

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Guys, I'll make it easier for those users posting gloom & doom threads, by doing a quick recap on why Sony is dying.

Forbes 2018:

Xbox One's Supercharged Game Pass Should Start Worrying Sony And Nintendo

Business Insider 2020

Microsoft's new Xbox is actually the next step in an ambitious master plan to shake up the video game industry, and end the rivalry with PlayStation forever

Business Insider 2020 (yes, again)

Microsoft's Xbox is already crushing Sony's PlayStation when it comes to creating the 'Netflix of gaming' — and it has huge implications for next-gen consoles

TheGamer 2021

Despite Stronger Exclusive Games On PS5, It’s Getting Hard To Recommend Sony’s Console Over Xbox

Game Informer 2021

Xbox Game Pass Dominated E3 2021 In The Best Way, All Confirmed Day One Games

Game Informer 2022

PlayStation Needs To Put The Pieces Together For A Game Pass Competitor

So as you can all see from all these news, Sony needed to copy Game Pass and their day ones.
Considering Sony never released such a service, we can all just assume Sony is pretty much dead, their console and videogame sales have probably plummeted.
True story.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Guys, I'll make it easier for those users posting gloom & doom threads, by doing a quick recap on why Sony is dying.

Forbes 2018:

Xbox One's Supercharged Game Pass Should Start Worrying Sony And Nintendo

Business Insider 2020

Microsoft's new Xbox is actually the next step in an ambitious master plan to shake up the video game industry, and end the rivalry with PlayStation forever

Business Insider 2020 (yes, again)

Microsoft's Xbox is already crushing Sony's PlayStation when it comes to creating the 'Netflix of gaming' — and it has huge implications for next-gen consoles

TheGamer 2021

Despite Stronger Exclusive Games On PS5, It’s Getting Hard To Recommend Sony’s Console Over Xbox

Game Informer 2021

Xbox Game Pass Dominated E3 2021 In The Best Way, All Confirmed Day One Games

Game Informer 2022

PlayStation Needs To Put The Pieces Together For A Game Pass Competitor

So as you can all see from all these news, Sony needed to copy Game Pass and their day ones.
Considering Sony never released such a service, we can all just assume Sony is pretty much dead, their console and videogame sales have probably plummeted.
True story.
If you carry on like this, you will be putting the doomers out of a job.

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
If you carry on like this, you will be putting the doomers out of a job.

I'm so sorry, I only meant to help...

puss in boots awww GIF

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't know how to feel about this. Sounds like any negative comment against Sony might be punished or at the very least be deemed as "dooming".

Let's not forget that one of the reasons this forum was created, was because @Bryank75 was banned on GAF for being a "doomer" and being against PC ports of PlayStation exclusives.

Also the reasoning "people said they wouldn't post anymore because of the doomers" is a bit weak, especially if those "threats" came from ChatGPT accounts which keep repeating the same bullshit again and again. If they are really so mad about the doomers, why not make use of the ignore functionality (if they are not capable of just scrolling further)? I mean, some of them pretend to be "devs", clicking on a button shouldn't be technically a hurdle for them.

It's not like I'm "threatening" to leave the forum, because I'm sick of reading the same ball-licking posts from the usual suspects whenever someone points something remotely negative.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
-PC ports will kill PlayStation
-Lego Horizon on Switch will kill PS
-PS+ price increases will kill PS
-Nintendo Switch 2 will steal all 3rd party sales on PS
-Naughty Dog Taking 5+ years to release a game will kill PS
- Sony releasing gaas games will kill PS
-Gamepass will kill PS
-Not acquiring publishers will kill PS

did I miss any? looking forward to this brands grave they desperately wanted

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
-PC ports will kill PlayStation
-Lego Horizon on Switch will kill PS
-PS+ price increases will kill PS
-Nintendo Switch 2 will steal all 3rd party sales on PS
-Naughty Dog Taking 5+ years to release a game will kill PS
- Sony releasing gaas games will kill PS
-Gamepass will kill PS
-Not acquiring publishers will kill PS

did I miss any? looking forward to this brands grave they desperately wanted
Don't forget Sony has given totally control to Sweet Baby Inc

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't know how to feel about this. Sounds like any negative comment against Sony might be punished or at the very least be deemed as "dooming".

Let's not forget that one of the reasons this forum was created, was because @Bryank75 was banned on GAF for being a "doomer" and being against PC ports of PlayStation exclusives.

Also the reasoning "people said they wouldn't post anymore because of the doomers" is a bit weak, especially if those "threats" came from ChatGPT accounts which keep repeating the same bullshit again and again. If they are really so mad about the doomers, why not make use of the ignore functionality (if they are not capable of just scrolling further)? I mean, some of them pretend to be "devs", clicking on a button shouldn't be technically a hurdle for them.

It's not like I'm "threatening" to leave the forum, because I'm sick of reading the same ball-licking posts from the usual suspects whenever someone points something remotely negative.
They are simply trying to avoid the front page being cluttered by the same topics over and over. They aren't against negative comments against Sony.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They are simply trying to avoid the front page being cluttered by the same topics over and over. They aren't against negative comments against Sony.
Exactly, if the thread is well presented and has something tangible in its criticism, then sure, it remains; if it's your run-on-the-mill rubbish, it goes in here.

No one is stopping criticism of anything but we do need to have some quality control.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Exactly, if the thread is well presented and has something tangible in its criticism, then sure, it remains; if it's your run-on-the-mill rubbish, it goes in here.

No one is stopping criticism of anything but we do need to have some quality control.
I feel some people here already understand what you meant but the Internet loves to play semantics unfortunately. Here's to fluffing the community though, we don't talk about actual games enough here 😬

Reactions: Sircaw