The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Good idea, in addition to having a too high amount of threads about the same topic, this also derailed many Sony related threads about other things into "Sony is doomed" vs "Sony isn't" discussions, often generating bad mood and fights plus moving the attention away from the original topic of the derailed thread.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
-PC ports will kill PlayStation
-Lego Horizon on Switch will kill PS
-PS+ price increases will kill PS
-Nintendo Switch 2 will steal all 3rd party sales on PS
-Naughty Dog Taking 5+ years to release a game will kill PS
- Sony releasing gaas games will kill PS
-Gamepass will kill PS
-Not acquiring publishers will kill PS

did I miss any? looking forward to this brands grave they desperately wanted
I'd add:
-PS5 is a failure
-PS5 has no games
-PS5 (announced and released) exclusives don't exist/aren't marketed
-Sony 1st party games (both released and announced) don't exist/aren't marketed
-Sony PC games are all a failure
-PSVR2 is a failure
-PSVR2 has no games
-PS Player is a failure
-With the ABK acquisition MS was/is going to monopolize gaming

Evil Aloy

Banned
3 May 2024
Exactly, if the thread is well presented and has something tangible in its criticism, then sure, it remains; if it's your run-on-the-mill rubbish, it goes in here.

No one is stopping criticism of anything but we do need to have some quality control.

Will the same level of quality control be applied to toxically positive threads as well? If so, how? Will these types of posts be sent to a separate thread too?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Will the same level of quality control be applied to toxically positive threads as well? If so, how? Will these types of posts be sent to a separate thread too?
Unfortunately, that scenario doesn't exist on this forum at present; otherwise, I would not have had to make this thread.

I wish it did, as it would be great to moderate those.

But if you can link me to a poster that is constantly cheering Sony every single day, saying the sun is always shining and magic rainbow beams are firing out of Cerny's arse, I will gladly have a look.

Last edited:

Evil Aloy

Banned
3 May 2024
Unfortunately, that scenario doesn't exist on this forum at present; otherwise, I would not have had to make this thread.

I wish it did, as it would be great to moderate those.

But if you can link me to a poster that is constantly cheering Sony every single day, saying the sun is always shining and magic rainbow beams are firing out of Cerny's arse, I will gladly have a look.

No need, I don't think this forum is a good fit for me anymore. I didn't find a way to delete my account from the settings, could you do it for me? Thank you and goodbye to everyone.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Is this a challenge for someone to start doing that?
Seth Meyers Yes GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
all right, let me say it, after playing elden ring's dlc for like 60h on 60fps i tried bloodborne but OMG WHY IT RUNS AT 20FPS, during college i used to pass my slides in presentations faster than this game frames due to anxiety, sony is doomed

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Things I always get argued about.

-I hate PC ports minus MP games (just about)
-We need more games of all kinds and genres. SP+MP. Gaas is fine too, but we need double/triple downed on SP
-Not happy with lack of major PS studio games/news this gen
-Give me PSP3 with crossbuy/bc

Now I will leave in peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Sircaw

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Thank you. The dooming was a bit much and I believe this:

If something really important and relevant comes up in the realm of criticising Sony for doing something silly, it will get its own singular post; other than that, the usual "The Sky Are Falling posts that have been discussed a thousand times" will be put here.

...takes care of concerns that this will be a Sony sycophant forum.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Imagine account suiciding because you aren't able to troll...

I think that is the universe balancing itself out.
It really sounds like it, doesn't it?

-We are doing this to make the forum a more positive user experience by reducing the number of repeated negative posts.

-You better do the same if anyone makes a positive post about sony.

-Those hardly exist. Can you link them for me, please?

-No, I AM LEAVING.

-HAHA.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
A compele absurd concept that implies not being optimistic about where things are heading is somehow wrong.

It's just a video game company, what sort of childish person can't deal with other people having a more negative outlook? Were people actually complaining? What a bunch of cry babies. Imagine being so unable to deal with diferent opinions that even a overwhelmingly pro-PlayStation forum isn't enough, you also need to contain and get rid of anyone that dares question Sony.

It's pretty obvious that it isn't done in bad faith and that is isn't coming out of nowhere, stop trying to control the narrative.

To the good, decent posters, sooner or later you'll find yourself in the same position.

No need, I don't think this forum is a good fit for me anymore. I didn't find a way to delete my account from the settings, could you do it for me? Thank you and goodbye to everyone.

I can't let brother Evil Aloy have all the glory. I too request for my account to be banned and all my posts deleted if this new policy of keeping "Doomers" contained. You want a board that is just a circle jerk of Sony fanboys? Enjoy it then, not worth my time either.

giphy.webp

Edit: All Xbox doomers were rigth btw, silencing discontent will not get rid of the problem.

Last edited: