The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's just a video game company, what sort of childish person can't deal with other people having a more negative outlook? Were people actually complaining? What a bunch of cry babies.

Honestly it's mostly a matter of scale.

There used to be days where I opened up this forum and there were like 5 topics on the first page with titles like "Sony is about to go down because it has no GamePass", "I think this year's results for Sony will be very bad" and "If Sony doesn't buy Square Enix they're going bankrupt".
And they were all started by the same group of 3-4 users.

One could say if we have this rule for Playstation then we should have it for Xbox.. and perhaps we should.
But the truth is we don't really see those topics being created for Xbox because people are mostly checking out from the brand.
I don't remember ever getting 5 topics on the first page saying "Phil Spencer needs to go", "Microsoft needs to kill GamePass" and "If Microsoft doesn't buy SEGA next wednesday they're going bankrupt". But if we did, I would also be in favor of focusing all those posts into one thread.

Also because these threads are mostly troll-baits, to be honest.

Reactions: Muddasar and Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Honestly it's mostly a matter of scale.

There used to be days where I opened up this forum and there were like 5 topics on the first page with titles like "Sony is about to go down because it has no GamePass", "I think this year's results for Sony will be very bad" and "If Sony doesn't buy Square Enix they're going bankrupt".
And they were all started by the same group of 3-4 users.

One could say if we have this rule for Playstation then we should have it for Xbox.. and perhaps we should.
But the truth is we don't really see those topics being created for Xbox because people are mostly checking out from the brand.
I don't remember ever getting 5 topics on the first page saying "Phil Spencer needs to go", "Microsoft needs to kill GamePass" and "If Microsoft doesn't buy SEGA next wednesday they're going bankrupt". But if we did, I would also be in favor of focusing all those posts into one thread.

Also because these threads are mostly troll-baits, to be honest.
Dooming because of Gamepass in this forum? You are just making things up now.

Xbox dooming is in fact pretty welcomed here, but Sony criticism creates this type of drama.

Some of the biggest Sony channels started "dooming" as well, it's just the reality of how this gen has been a disapoining to many people.

The same users that will cheer my ban because I dare criticize Sony were the ones liking my posts shitting on Xbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: toadsage44

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
My points:
Sony is way too riskaeverse now. Budgets are too big
PC move is killing sony and exclusives. They need to focus on selling consoles. THEIR OWN ecosystem on which they will earn more money.
Exclusives sell great and sell consoles and sony is forgetting that.
Woke. Sony is too woke and that's confirmed. SBI works with santa monica and with Insomniac. No hope in wolverine. Ragnarok was ruined.
Closing of japan studios was a huge mistake.
Slowing down physical is also a big mistake

AND PAID ONLINE for basic features is still a scam. I want to view the fucking elden ring messages without paying 80$ a year

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
AND PAID ONLINE for basic features is still a scam. I want to view the fucking elden ring messages without paying 80$ a year
I love the irony of the people that defend paid online here, that don't realize they are just validating the most toxic and damaging influence of MS on consoles. Paid online is the root of many other problems that are derived from it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A compele absurd concept that implies not being optimistic about where things are heading is somehow wrong.

It's just a video game company, what sort of childish person can't deal with other people having a more negative outlook? Were people actually complaining? What a bunch of cry babies. Imagine being so unable to deal with diferent opinions that even a overwhelmingly pro-PlayStation forum isn't enough, you also need to contain and get rid of anyone that dares question Sony.

It's pretty obvious that it isn't done in bad faith and that is isn't coming out of nowhere, stop trying to control the narrative.

To the good, decent posters, sooner or later you'll find yourself in the same position.

I can't let brother Evil Aloy have all the glory. I too request for my account to be banned and all my posts deleted if this new policy of keeping "Doomers" contained. You want a board that is just a circle jerk of Sony fanboys? Enjoy it then, not worth my time either.

giphy.webp

Edit: All Xbox doomers were rigth btw, silencing discontent will not get rid of the problem.
Once again, your take is completely disingenuous, but we have been through this before, no point wasting time talking about it.

If you can't understand or grasp the theory behind my opening post and want your account closed, just reply to this, and I will happily do it for you. It's not a problem at all.

As for the direction of this forum, we want to move it in a much more positive direction, with less spammy, whiny, repeated topics.

I have already stated that valid criticisms about Sony will get their own post, and nothing will change regarding that, but if that is not good enough for you, well, you know what to do.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Once again, your take is completely disingenuous, but we have been through this before, no point wasting time talking about it.

If you can't understand or grasp the theory behind my opening post and want your account closed, just reply to this, and I will happily do it for you. It's not a problem at all.

As for the direction of this forum, we want to move it in a much more positive direction, with less spammy, whiny, repeated topics.

I have already stated that valid criticisms about Sony will get their own post, and nothing will change regarding that, but if that is not good enough for you, well, you know what to do.
Enjoy it, you can't help yourself.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
A compele absurd concept that implies not being optimistic about where things are heading is somehow wrong.

It's just a video game company, what sort of childish person can't deal with other people having a more negative outlook? Were people actually complaining? What a bunch of cry babies. Imagine being so unable to deal with diferent opinions that even a overwhelmingly pro-PlayStation forum isn't enough, you also need to contain and get rid of anyone that dares question Sony.

It's pretty obvious that it isn't done in bad faith and that is isn't coming out of nowhere, stop trying to control the narrative.

To the good, decent posters, sooner or later you'll find yourself in the same position.

I can't let brother Evil Aloy have all the glory. I too request for my account to be banned and all my posts deleted if this new policy of keeping "Doomers" contained. You want a board that is just a circle jerk of Sony fanboys? Enjoy it then, not worth my time either.

giphy.webp

Edit: All Xbox doomers were rigth btw, silencing discontent will not get rid of the problem.
It makes total sense.

New and confirmed negative news or updates would get new threads but unoriginal or retreads of things we have discussed a million times would just get a redirect to here.

What's the big deal? Things get discussed anyway and it doesn't become a million needless threads. Easier to manage.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
What are you waiting for? Do what you must, can't say I'm surprised.
Say if you want it closed. Yes or no.

Make a decision, It's your choice; this action is on you, and no one else.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
He's afraid to say yes because he doesn't want to actually be banned. He just wanted to be dramatic enough to see if he could get this thread closed on the policy reversed.
There's no policy, and let's not attempt to instigate anything either.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

I agree with this 100%. Gaming is meant to be interactive entertainment that's fun and enjoyable. No point in being negative especially when it's about stuff you can't do anything about because at that point, it's just a waste of time and accomplishes nothing.