The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
not gonna lie, if Apple funds PlayStation games, it's going to completely change and improve the margins of SIE business INSTANTLY

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well all this is hogwash and dependent on how desperate apple is to get a slice of the gaming pie, they did go into streaming with apple TV+ which would have been laughed out of the room just 10 years prior

This 95% just plain false but you never know anything can happen.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Trigger you nippin'

Xbox sells hundreds and "selling out" means diddly squat when the inventory could be hundreds. Both metrics hit and both pathetic.

Memba when people on this forum said PS5 sales were poor and we were hit with "muh launch aligned pee ess four!!!"
Well, pepperidge farm remembers.

Remember this, PS5PRO will flop. GTA6 will be a disaster and not be able to sell PRO consoles like many believe.

Sony is the new Microsoft. It's Joever.

Los Angeles Kiss GIF by Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens

• haha
Reactions: Umar and quest4441

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
This doesn't sound like something that would ever end well. For Sony and certainly for games and gamers.
well, it's not like PlayStation games are selling millions of copies on PC either... if Apple pays for 50% of the budget for every tentpole PS Studios it compensates every PC copy sold in like 10 years...

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This would be far preferable to me than the current strategy, it lessens the cheapening of the brand that has been occuring.

Apple can compensate Sony at a very preferential rate.

Apple and Sony can partner on more than just gaming and make a complete alternative to PC and Microsoft.

That said, I don't believe anything till I see it and this person...I have no idea about them.

MrAss

24 May 2024
I don't believe him. But it doesn't mean Sony won't try something like this. Their current PC and gaas initiatives just isn't doing great. And they still desperate to find new ways to fund their big budget games.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
This would be far preferable to me than the current strategy, it lessens the cheapening of the brand that has been occuring.

Apple can compensate Sony at a very preferential rate.

Apple and Sony can partner on more than just gaming and make a complete alternative to PC and Microsoft.

That said, I don't believe anything till I see it and this person...I have no idea about them.
yeah, for now everything is rumour, but good to discuss about, i think it would be inteligent of Sony to do this, specially with Apple funding games and marketing, they can finally make Apple devices be a good place for gaming, specially if they optimize it and bring technologies to Apple devices like PSSR and PS Link for example.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
There is no difference if PC or Apple for the main userbase on console. Any additional platform = games not fulfilling the full potential of the console.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is via streaming…
I see no issue here.

If a device has a browser or app for streaming you can be used as screen for any other device.

What is exactly the point of this video?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That is via streaming…
I see no issue here.

If a device has a browser or app for streaming you can be used as screen for any other device.

What is exactly the point of this video?
the point is: Sony blocked their games from being playable on Nvidia GeForce Now and is allowing Boosteroid